Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Possible M4 Battery Issue

• 19-02-2015 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi guys ,

Just looking for a bit of help in regards to my KWA M4. It's old enough, purchased back in 2011 I believe.

I haven't used the M4 in a while now and was planning on getting a bit of use of it over the midterm. However, I am having a rather strange battery problem with it. It normally runs 9.6v, but for whatever reason, when I have it connected, when I pull the trigger it sounds like the gearbox is ticking over or something like that (I'm useless with internals). But when I connect a. 8.4v battery it fires fine no issues at all.

I have two 9.6v batteries, both of which seemed to stop functioning properly with the M4 at the same time. Unfortunately I have no other AEGs in my possession to test the batteries on but I don't think both of them would have stopled so suddenly. I have tried discharging and recharging the batteries to no avail.

Anyone else have a similar problem? If so what is the best course of action?

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

Hello.

It does sound like both your 9.6's have died.

If you use an intelligent charger, it should tell you what charge the batteries (9.6v) are accepting (from empty) and then use a voltmeter to check after fully charged.

I had problems with a 9.6v and had to discharge/recharge a few times to get any life back into it, but have found they do not last if left for long periods without use. (I have a 1500mAh 9.6 and discharge down to 8.8v at 1amp/h and then recharge at 1amp/h).

I did manage to kill one battery when first using the charger by discharging below 8v :( and shorted another one out.....you live and learn :o
    HTH
    Cheers,
    Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Hey,

Check the battery terminals are making a good connection.

Also, Check the fuse.

Advertisement