Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Caoimhe certainly looked a hottie in that yellow dress tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Whats wrong with fair city they build us up
    and for what :mad: I know they hav'nt got much money like Corrie/Eastenders etc but for come on nothing happened Gary waved a
    gun around

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Fair City was comedy gold tonight :) was so bad you had to laugh at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

123balltv wrote: »
    but for come on nothing happened Gary waved a
    gun around

The chap looked like he was waving round a hairdryer..

The chap looked like he was waving round a hairdryer..

It barely looked like a gun.

Reminded me of the way denzo acts when hes flustered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

I had read in the paper today that Barry was supposed to get shot! Have to say they really built it up with everyone being there, Damien ringing Dolores to see if Mark was there & rushing to the bar, etc - bit sh*te in the end :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭jos28

My friend's son is in a band called Le Galaxie. Have a look at this link
    http://stranded.ie/2011/08/19/irish-bands-for-fair-city/
    Fame at last !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

123balltv wrote: »
    Whats wrong with fair city they build us up
    and for what :mad: I know they hav'nt got much money like Corrie/Eastenders etc but for come on nothing happened Gary waved a
    gun around

Writing some decent dialogue and giving some decent direction doesn't cost anything extra.

Barry putting the gun to his heart was just feckin embarrassingly stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Sash was looking well in the station tonight.. lucky Finn got to "lob the gob" on her.

was a bit unreal though, the scene with the gun should have been more frenetic, with more camera movement to emphasise the panic.. I thought Denzo did ok in his panicky role as an about-to-be-found-out acompliss to murder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The following tweet from DarraghMc (he of Come Dine With Me Ireland fame) sums up, for me, the problem with tonight's episode:
    This psycho guy with the pony tail would make a much more convincing game workshop staff member than a Dublin career criminal #faircity

He was BRUTAL! So, so bad. When he came out with the gun above his head I actually laughed out loud.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Meh, I knew you guys would be saying this but I thought it was decent, especially for Fair City. I thought the guy with the pony tail was okay.... he didn't have much to do or rate him on, why not give him a chance...

The only obscenely stupid thing about it was Barry going in front of the gun and talking to him like he was a school child. That's a start for Fair City, having just one obscenely stupid thing in a scene like this. :)

Sash's part was really unrealistic as well, she should have been a lot more frentic, but she is a sexy bitch so we'll let that go. ;) :cool: I know we were supposed to believe Sash was so experienced with seeing guns etc., but wow... just a bit too ridiculous for me.

Imagine if you were a very young person growing up thinking Fair City is a reflection of the world... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Sash and Finn as a couple now I like that idea a lot.

Like the Gary character although brandishing the gun about was silly - if only he made the gun sign with his fingers - would have been much more menacing and realistic.

Where's Keith gone he'd better hurry back - I was giving Decco the "glad eye" last night......

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Imagine if you were a very young person growing up thinking Fair City is a reflection of the world... :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? Fair City is exactly like real life. I can prove it too, after I leave the house to have breakfast with my family in a chip shop, start an affair with my best friend's wife, pick up my long-lost adopted son from the airport, have lunch with my wife in a pub two doors from my house, rescue my long-lost adopted son from teenage gangsters, start an affair with my best friend's mother, accidentally kill my accountant with a stapler, have a late snack in a tapas bar full of builders, start an affair with one of the teenage gangsters, bury my accountant in a nearby park, stop off to buy a bottle of wine in a shop with two hundred bottles of shampoo and no bread, overhear my wife having an affair with my long-lost adopted son, and go to bed in a room that didn't exist two months ago.

God, the days just melt into each other, don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

deelite wrote: »
    Like the Gary character although brandishing the gun about was silly - if only he made the gun sign with his fingers - would have been much more menacing and realistic

"Pull my finger, Halpin. I said PULL MY FINGER!"
    "Don't do it, Mark, it's a trick!"

Then Barry steps in, pulls his finger, and inhales deeply. Taking one for the community.

Seriously, I enjoyed last night's episode. I thought it was unusually fast and tense. They did fluff the big climax, unfortunately. It was great to get everyone in one place, and I like the idea of Barry committing suicide by skanger. He is vain enough to want to kill himself in a way that makes him look like a hero. But we should have seen the lad pull the trigger. I had to rewind to make sure I heard the soft click of the gun.

Great point about the gangster too. He was a good actor, I thought, but he really did seem too gentle and likeable. Game shop assistant is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I think I've figured out how most of the casting works on fair city. I think they blindfold the casting director. Spin him or her around for 20 seconds while banging pots and pans and yelling, to further confuse and disorientate. They then scatter a hundred or so actors headshots around the office floor. And whichever one the casting director happens upon, gets the role!!
    I'm telling you!! This is EXACTLY how it's done!! It's the only way to explain the casting of Caoimhe (horrific as usual last night), Denzo and the new addition to the wall of shame, Gary Morgan!! I was cringing last night at that finale!! Only ones to come out of it ok were Robert and Damien. Sash was so casual, you'd swear she was telling a child to be quiet at mass. Woeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fair City was comedy gold tonight :) was so bad you had to laugh at it

I gotta agree

I at least expected one injury the way RTE was advertising it gangland wars or something like that comes to Carrigstown :p

Gary Morgan looked liked Brian McFadden I expected him to break into Mandy at one stage

Caoimhe cant play drunk she needs to watch Phil from EE or Peter from Corrie

I think Orla or Dermot stole Finn's takings

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I gotta agree

I at least expected one injury they way RTE was advertising it gangland wars or something like that comes to Carrigstown :p

Gary Morgan looked liked Brian McFadden I expected him to break into Mandy at one stage

Caoimhe cant play drunk she needs to watch Phil from EE or Peter from Corrie

I think Orla or Dermot stole Finn's takings

He could have at least shot Barry or Mark and then rush them off to hospital. Thats what Home and Away would have done. They love a good hospital scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone else think Brokeback Mountain with Mark and Denzo - gay Bishop and gay angry Mark this stuff writes itself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

He could have at least shot Barry or Mark and then rush them off to hospital. Thats what Home and Away would have done. They love a good hospital scene.

Could knock a week out of the hospital,be a week spent in the casulty waiting to be seen by a doctor :D

Could knock a week out of the hospital,be a week spent in the casulty waiting to be seen by a doctor :D

At least it would reflect real life

• Advertisement

cant be long more til this Sarah business is sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Nah, they always get the exact same hospital room in Fair City - and a private one at that. No waiting around on trollies in corridors for the residents of Carrickstown. Suzanne and Esther being the latest beneficiaries of the identical private room, and Paul before them. They must all have the VHI premium membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

ok can we get denzo a bar of soap for his hands??? and a change of clothes, jesus, the hum off him must be unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That has to be one of the worst scenes ever in FC.... I mean how long are we expected to believe that Denzo stayed in the middle of the street wearing yer man's hat while he stood there looking at him.. And why the hell would he put the rest of the suitcase bask.. If his DNA and fingerprints weren't all over it before, they certainly are now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

So sarah EMIGRATES to london, yet all her worldly possessions consist of is a few tops, tiny makeup bag and a few photos? Poor girl didn't even have any knickers packed!

That has to be one of the worst scenes ever in FC.... I mean how long are we expected to believe that Denzo stayed in the middle of the street wearing yer man's hat while he stood there looking at him.. And why the hell would he put the rest of the suitcase bask.. If his DNA and fingerprints weren't all over it before, they certainly are now..

Denzo had right to steal some tool and have your man running after him. Then the passage of time would have seemed more realistic.

C-J wrote: »
    So sarah EMIGRATES to london, yet all her worldly possessions consist of is a few tops, tiny makeup bag and a few photos? Poor girl didn't even have any knickers packed!

Luggage Charges!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭jos28

Luggage Charges!

Ah Jeez, if she was emigrating to London she would at least have splashed out the €30 for a checked in bag !

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Yellow is the colour du jour in Carrigstwon - Orla, Caoimhe, Laura...
    Can't keep up with Barry & Vivienne
    Really loving Sash
    Suzanne is really making up for being such a psycho!
    Where in the name of bejaysus did they have the bonfire?!

• Advertisement

Kazbah wrote: »
    Yellow is the colour du jour in Carrigstwon - Orla, Caoimhe, Laura...
    Can't keep up with Barry & Vivienne
    Really loving Sash
    Suzanne is really making up for being such a psycho!
    Where in the name of bejaysus did they have the bonfire?!

Even the fire didnt look good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement