Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UBB Question for those in the know

• 24-08-2000 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

alright... UBB... I'd like to set it up, or something like it at least, - on an NT server to act as an intranet messaging forum for purely internal use in our own office.

Is there much involved in this?... Is there a free version somewhere I can use to do it?

Any help appreciated- cheers!

Bard
    |home page

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

It's pretty cheap Bard, buy a copy from thier website.

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Check it out at www.ultimatebb.com
    There's a free/trial (and less functional version) available for download too.

[+_+] <--- omg!! it's a lego man!!!™

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭SPACE COWBOY

You could try Board Powerit's free (for personal/non-profit use) and looks just like UBB or VBulletin.

There's also the ASP option www.asptalk.com , really simple boards system, and easier to set up than the CGI ones.

Edited: ****in UBB links

[This message has been edited by SPACE COWBOY (edited 26-08-2000).]

[This message has been edited by SPACE COWBOY (edited 26-08-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

thanks for that Space Cowboy- I'll give it a shot

Bard
    |home page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

i just installed YaBB which pretty much rox.. its totally free and that msging feature is included i bleieve
    http://www.yabb.com.ru
    wink.gif

.logic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement