Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50/N4 Junction Roadworks

• 18-10-2006 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Does anyone know whats happening with the roadworks on the N4/M50 junction - specifically regarding the pedestrian access to the old Lucan Road (Palmerstown side) from the roundabout?

I normally cycle that way to avoid cycling on the roundabout/along the side of the sliproads but this morning it was blocked off with barricades etc. Is it going to be blocked off for good with the new interchange?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

Have a look here http://www.m50.ie/ it should give you some info about the M50 Upgrade.

There is an email address on the site too, so perhaps you could email them your query.

Hope this helps

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

sapper wrote:
    Does anyone know whats happening with the roadworks on the N4/M50 junction - specifically regarding the pedestrian access to the old Lucan Road (Palmerstown side) from the roundabout?

I normally cycle that way to avoid cycling on the roundabout/along the side of the sliproads but this morning it was blocked off with barricades etc. Is it going to be blocked off for good with the new interchange?
    Not sure. Remember them saying that they were going to build a pedestrian bridge from King's Hos over the M50 to that estate which is currently a cul de sac at the western edge of Palmerstown. However in recent mockups this isn't shown, but I'm not sure if that's significant.

As for the path being blocked off atm, this is cause they need to stick offramps in there. A new path will presumably be reinstated when they're finished. In the meantime you're gonna have to cycle on the N4. TBH a road with cycle lanes paralleling the N4 from Woodies as far as this point would be welcome, I lived in Lucan for more than 20 years but never attempted the cycle into town as I reckoned it was too dangerous.

Advertisement