Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SPL Coverage on Setanta

Options
  • 04-04-2005 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

I tuned into Setanta at 2pm yesterday, hoping to see Rangers slip up. The match came on at 2.10pm, due to F1 coverage for ROI viewers, so the first 10 minutes of the game were unavailable. After the match finished at 3.50pm, I was looking forward to SPL discussions etc, but they cut that off too, showing a repeat of the F1, just for ROI viewers. It was fairly dodgy editing as well, showing an ad for poker every 2 minutes. I hope they don't botch the Celtic games like this!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I'm a bit cynical on this one.

Reckoned they broadcast late to avoid showing a disrupted minute's silence.

as it happens, the police decided not to allow one.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭mike2084

Tune in the UK Version in the Other Channels. It works if you the Irish Setanta. I haven't got the frequency on me at the moment but look up www.lyngsat.com for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Danone

Tune in the UK Version in the Other Channels. It works if you the Irish Setanta. I haven't got the frequency on me at the moment but look up www.lyngsat.com for it.

Does it mean that you will get BOTH setanta channels, if you subscribe to setanta sports ireland ? Would be great, because of the french and german league coverage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

is it not on BBC Wales or S4C?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭mike2084

Setanta Sport UK is on 11.222H 27.5 2/3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

daveirl wrote:

damnit :(

surely i can find a pub

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

daveirl wrote:
    Not totally so... the Ulster game is on BBC Wales..

SPORT: Scrum V Live
    Channel: BBC 2 Wales
    Date: Friday 8th April 2005
    Time: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (starting in 1 hour and 36 minutes)
    Duration: 2 hours.
    Blues v Ulster. Eddie Butler presents live action from the rugby union Celtic League with the Cardiff Blues needing a home win against Ulster. Commentary from Gareth Charles and Jonathan Davies. Kick off at 7.10pm.
    (Widescreen, Subtitles)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=31365
    Copyright ©1999-2004 GipsyMedia Ltd.

Advertisement