Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

best carvery???

• 21-05-2015 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Hi all,

I plan on treating myself to a carvery this Weekend.

Where do you recommend?? :-p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Dean Numerous Ruler

The Arc in Liffey valley does a very good one.

Buy a drink and desert at the same time and they discount them.

If I remember correctly kids eat free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The Brock Inn is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

What are the Bell and Myos like these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I had a roast beef dinner in The Clonsilla Inn recently, Very tasty meal beef melted in the mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Had the carvery lunch in the Carlton Hotel beside Tyrellstown, during the middle of last week. I had turkey and it was very nice and would prompt a return visit, very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Op carvery is dung, you need to readdress your idea of a treat.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tony Beetroot, if you have nothing useful to offer then I suggest you refrain from posting in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

The Bell is excellent - the crowd in the queue on a Sunday should be evidence enough :-)

If you feel adventurous, the Paddocks is top draw also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Bradies usually isn't bad, although haven't been in ages....

Bradies usually isn't bad, although haven't been in ages....

That used to be on what was the main navan road. It's almost out of the way and I sometimes forget there's even a pub up that road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

That used to be on what was the main navan road. It's almost out of the way and I sometimes forget there's even a pub up that road.

And a bit further along that cul de sac is the 12th Lock, which does a booming food business, not carvery mind.

Murt10 wrote: »
    And a bit further along that cul de sac is the 12th Lock, which does a booming food business, not carvery mind.

It's a fair point, but the 12th lock seems to actually promote its self. Does Brady's even have a social media presence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Had the carvery lunch in the Carlton Hotel beside Tyrellstown, during the middle of last week. I had turkey and it was very nice and would prompt a return visit, very soon.

I don't think they do that on weekends though, or at least didn't at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Thanks guys, never been to the Paddocks so might try there some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Not actually D15 but Cumiskeys is the best carvery around - hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭dodzy

Mentioned above, The Brock if you can get there is savage from full Irish right through to evening meals.

Food in Bradys is great off the A la Carte menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

Another vote for Cumiskeys - very good food and does carvery on Saturday which not a lot of them do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

AlanG wrote: »
    Another vote for Cumiskeys - very good food and does carvery on Saturday which not a lot of them do.

Do you know what time they finish carvery?

Advertisement