Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Places to visit.

• 01-02-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello,
    My friend and I are hopefully going to Chicago on a J1 we want to travel for about two weeks after we finish. Any suggestions where to go?.. Any advice welcome!.. :)
    x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Hmmm. There's a lot of choices...

What kind of budget? Will it be summer?

It might be nice to be on a beach somewhere relaxing before going home. Or you could be in New York...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

What do you guys like to do? Can you drive? what budget? what time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Katie28G

Itl be in August! I dont think we will be driving!.. we would love to see some of the big cities like New York or LA, and yeah maybe a beach and that too!.. Just dont no how possible it will be to get to these places from Chicago without spending loads of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Well either way you'd need to fly.....southwest airlines offer pretty good rates......if you want to experience big cities + beach time, you still have both options open.......public transport is good in NYC so you would be able to visit the city and also go further south to the jersey shore or ocean city, MD for some beach time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 shorthairguy

There is a programme on RTE called Getaways . They did a show on Chicago, showing places to go and things to do. You will be able to get it on RTE Player.Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement