Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FGC Community pot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I have 3.50 for CF. Will give to nutrient on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

€16 left over

€122.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

i have €4.70 from the week that everyone was at Cannes.

€5 for pot

€127.50

€12.50 left over for pot

€140.00

• Advertisement

€146.50

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I handed over the €140 I had to Nutrient last night.

All together including Choppers amount

€256.50

20 was given to dreddy for a charity raffle

and 10 to doyler from past casuals that was left behind
    which I added to the pot mistakenly believing it was CP money

If theres money left over from today add to the thread asap

I have 10 here

€266.50

€10 from Wed casuals

• Advertisement

€268.50

€2 from Wed casuals

When the new Xbox is announced on the 21st, it'll likely coincide with a price drop for the 360, so hopefully we'll be able to afford two of them soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

When the new Xbox is announced on the 21st, it'll likely coincide with a price drop for the 360, so hopefully we'll be able to afford two of them soon enough.
    But why?

To go along with the two good monitors we have.

Not sure what you're getting at?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    But why?

2 is better then 1

I think kiki is getting at is why are we getting 2 Xboxs when we should be prepping for next gen consoles instead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah why aren't we buying PS4s and copies of SF5? Bit of forethought lads ffs. :pac:

Yeah, what's the point of getting 360s when (A) they're the most unreliable console ever created and (B) they're announcing the next Xbox in 2 weeks?

The slim is not unreliable at all and all of the games we play are on 360 and if we need PS4's or New Xbox's then they will be brought by community members as always.

The slim is not unreliable at all and all of the games we play are on 360 and if we need PS4's or New Xbox's then they will be brought by community members as always.
    http://www.nofussreviews.com/survey-results-2012

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I kow I'm not exactly involved at this point, but I can't remember a single event where we had too many monitors and not enough consoles. I've been to plenty where there were extra consoles lying around.

That seems like a pretty clear indication that consoles are not a must have at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Reliable Wiis! Bring TvC backkkkkkkk!

Signed,
    Ken the Eagle

Eagle_Ken_Profile_small.jpg

This data backs up my claim that the 360 S is reliable.

Since its release the failure rate of the console has been massively reduced as more and more of the original models are taken out of circulation.

This data backs up my claim that the 360 S is reliable.

Since its release the failure rate of the console has been massively reduced as more and more of the original models are taken out of circulation.

How about some large USB sticks with DLC games/content instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

How about some large USB sticks with DLC games/content instead?

You would probably need to buy USB hubs as well. Especially if you are using them when you are in the XGC because it is awkward getting to the back of them consoles.

I'm with Sairus that monitors should take priority over consoles.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I'm with Sairus that monitors should take priority over consoles.

I agree

I'd be inclined to say 'Lets have a poll' but really, nobody knows whats needed more then the people organizing/running the tournaments themselves.

Consoles are np really, I'm gonna say almost every member of the FGC has a console, just not arsed bringing it, Monitors are a different story, Mines a 50' display so thats my excuse:pac:

Monitors are needed atm, contemporary monitors will last a much, much longer then any consoles we may purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

As TO...
    Exactly what nutrient said.

We tend to have a glut of consoles (as long as community members up and bring them) versus monitors. Community centered consoles seems like a nice idea in theory, but the ramifications are that they need to be kept updated with their games constantly, and someone will be accountable for them to be updated and maintained.
    In all consideration, I would honestly not be forcing anything to be bought yet. We should sit on the money until we can sort out the situation with storage. Wouldn't be great to have a bunch of monitors and no safe haven to keep them (or to ensure they turn up at tournies).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Absolutely agreed with Voa.

I have 10 euro for the pot. Will give to nutrient on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

€277.00

€8.50 from today

Advertisement