Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

Thanks a mil for those , ill do the carrot one this evening , how much are the calculators in the ww meetings anyone ? also gonna invest in a cookbook or 3 ! have some of the old points ones but i wanna start fresh and forget about point altogether , pro points all the way , i find the ww ready meals c*ap to be honest , any one recommend any other ready meals / frozen curry etc just to have in the freezer ? i love the dunnes stores frozen curry (blue box) 1.20 each they used to be just 1 point higher than a ww curry , just afraid t try them without knowing , thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

laura29 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil for those , ill do the carrot one this evening , how much are the calculators in the ww meetings anyone ? also gonna invest in a cookbook or 3 ! have some of the old points ones but i wanna start fresh and forget about point altogether , pro points all the way , i find the ww ready meals c*ap to be honest , any one recommend any other ready meals / frozen curry etc just to have in the freezer ? i love the dunnes stores frozen curry (blue box) 1.20 each they used to be just 1 point higher than a ww curry , just afraid t try them without knowing , thanks again

M&S ready meals are okay...alot nicer than ww meals, and they have the pro points written on the back.

they do need bulking up...but like for college now....an M&S readymeal will be ideal for me for lunch when i need something hot!

but really cook and freeze if you can...easier said than done i know!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I'v spent the day in one of my bad anxity attacks and can not eat at all.. I'm drinking the water etc. but what do you do when you just cant eat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I'v spent the day in one of my bad anxity attacks and can not eat at all.. I'm drinking the water etc. but what do you do when you just cant eat :(

What about some nice soup, if some one could bring it to you may be! I hope you feel better soon as well. that must be so frustrating ((Hugs))

oh my god...its so cold this evening! hmmm big hearty dinner :)

Mince + spuds :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭havana

laura29 wrote: »

If you have an iPhone I recommend the iWatcher app. It has a calculator and tracker. I use it religiously. Make sure to get the one with the white icon not green. IMO it's much better.

Baby75 wrote: »
    What about some nice soup, if some one could bring it to you may be! I hope you feel better soon as well. that must be so frustrating ((Hugs))

Thanks Baby75, one dose of bad news after another latley, so it all got on top of me today and i know not eating is bad for ww. Just get through today and wake up in good spirts tomorrow for work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 3.5lb at WI :D:D:D Delighted!! Probably a bit of water weight after my 6lb gain (and 3 bad weeks of eating) but thrilled. Feel like I am well and truly back on the wagon :)

Right I'm off to find a soup that i like :)

Really not into soups...dont even like the off the shelf ready made stuff! bar 1 or 2, I dont mind if it has points! Need something warming and filling for the winter!

off to search thru Jamie Oliver, Rachal Allen and Nigella Lawson site :)

I like the Knorr Snack Soup...the Tomato and Pasta one...

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Right I'm off to find a soup that i like :)

Really not into soups...dont even like the off the shelf ready made stuff! bar 1 or 2, I dont mind if it has points! Need something warming and filling for the winter!

off to search thru Jamie Oliver, Rachal Allen and Nigella Lawson site :)

I like the Knorr Snack Soup...the Tomato and Pasta one...

Theres a deli down home that makes the most yummy veg soup its ridden with calories so id so high enough in points to potato swede carrots butter salt and pepper...

nom nom nom nom nom...

• Advertisement

Theres a deli down home that makes the most yummy veg soup its ridden with calories so id so high enough in points to potato swede carrots butter salt and pepper...

nom nom nom nom nom...

i wouldnt mind spending points on soup...if it keeps me full and warm.

looking at a few potato soup recipes...not great on veg :P

maybe potato soup with some sweet corn and aldi bacon cubes

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Hey all,

Wow really Autumny evening tonight. Bring on the stews. I love comfort food like that, probably the only thing good about the cold weather!

Up .5lbs tonight at weigh in. Quite gutted. I tracked every day, 29pp religiously, used 24 of my weeklies and did a good amount of exercise. I'm stumped, I really am....:confused: I'm trying my best to not let it get to me too much but it's hard. I'm still being positive as I know I was eating well and thats a bonus, tomorrow's a new day/week.

Fair play on all the losses guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    i wouldnt mind spending points on soup...if it keeps me full and warm.

looking at a few potato soup recipes...not great on veg :P

maybe potato soup with some sweet corn and aldi bacon cubes

That potato soup sounds like a good one to try, and then let us know. Ha ha! You could maybe use some cauliflower to bulk it up with veg for fibre and bring down the pp a little?

How's college going?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

Rarely post, but follow this thread religiously.... Reached goal tonight - 4st 6.5 lbs gone since January 19th. Now the fun starts for me. I've gotten to goal before, but without the goal in front of me, I lose motivation to keep on track. All hints and tips greatly appreciated.

Congrats on getting to goal in less than a year that is FANTASTIC!! :)

Question for the people making stew.. do ye use the beef cubes (stewing beef i think its called) if so what are the pp in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Question!
    I have checked and rechecked knorr beef stockpots and have got 0 pp is that right considering in my book it says 1 per stock cube!

On ww.co.uk it's 1pp - I just put in the details for 100g and then worked it for 28g (size of pot) and it came up as 1pp also

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Congrats on getting to goal in less than a year that is FANTASTIC!! :)

Question for the people making stew.. do ye use the beef cubes (stewing beef i think its called) if so what are the pp in it?

125g of stewing beef is 4pp
    250g is 7pp

Thanks Baby75, one dose of bad news after another latley, so it all got on top of me today and i know not eating is bad for ww. Just get through today and wake up in good spirts tomorrow for work! :)

Its some proper TLC you need, hope you have a close friend or OH who can give you some!
    On the Stew you can use the mix you add water to I have Mealmaker country stew mix which works out about 3 per packet, also a Schwartz Beef Casserole mix which works out as 3 as well for packet so they are not bad shared between 4 adults.

the stock cubes in the book are pointed as 1 PP ,I haven't checked the box yet, but the knorr stock pot things were its like a jelly worked out as 0PP :) so I was happy with that! (correction they are 1 pp

I made a beef stew by adding lean beef steak (no visible fat) onions, mushrooms, carrots and any other veg you like turnip! I then added water with a stock pot a couple of bay leaves two bouquet garni (mixed herbs) season put in oven and cook I added about 4 tablespoons of Worcestershire at the end it was yummy! worked out at 4 pp per serving that was 2 adults and 4 children! we had it with some mash spuds

agrif06 wrote: »
    On ww.co.uk it's 1pp - I just put in the details for 100g and then worked it for 28g (size of pot) and it came up as 1pp also
    Thanks!
    I know what I did wrong! I pointed per 100ml as prepared!!! on the box! instead of checking how much water I add it (500ml) to I just threw it in the pot:eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

I made a lovely soup yesterday with the super cheap cherry tomatoes from aldi 39c per tub just fried 3tubs with 4 cloves of their chili oil infused garlic cloves and some fresh basil from a pot I got there a couple of weeks ago stuck in 2 veg stock cubes. With about about 1.3 litres of water boiled for a while and blended it up really nice and tasty have been drinking it all day from my travel mug it's a drinking soup rather than and eating one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Ugghhh..

Joined ww 3 weeks ago for maybe the 5th time.
    I had a great first week and lost 3lbs.
    Awful second week and couldn't face weigh in.
    Even worse 3rd week, I couldn't get enough food into me.. but I had to face up to my fears and get weighed tonight.. was +5!! :mad::mad::mad:
    My leader was lookin at me like wtf! Don't blame her really.

I can't believe I went off the rails so soon after I started.. Pure sabotaging myself.

Fresh start tomorrow needed!!! Need to get focused. Thanks for reading.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well I stayed the same. Hopefully all the effort will show next week. Not going to let it faze me this time.

Can anyone recommend high fibre foods that are good value for points? I eat porridge, my 5 fruit a day and veg too. Still feeling backed up. I'm drinking around 2litre a day of water too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 nanofano

hey, i haven't seen anybody mentioning the WW yoghurts in a while. They're 1 pro point each and i love the dessert ones- lemon tart, raspberry tart etc poured over fresh fruit as a really low snack while watching telly in the evenings. I just had the lemon tart one poured over mango cubed, so nice and filling. And only 1 pp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 The Lioness

Hello all! I'm new to Boards and newish to WW - been following the plan for four weeks now and am down 7lbs which I'm delighted with :)

I've been a lurker of this thread for this past while and have found your posts so informative and helpful that I thought joining in with you would make this journey that bit easier. I've a long way to go after eating for two (and three and four) after having my first baby but with my wedding coming up next April, I'm determined to shift the majority of the weight by then. Anyway, I hope that I can add something to the great resource that this thread is, so seeing as soup is on the menu today, here's one I made the other day that turned out pretty nice. It's really thick and filling, though you could leave out the creme fraiche to thin it out slightly and/or reduce the pro points.

Squash soup
    ProPoints total pot: 9
    Servings: 4

1 butternut squash
    1 courgette
    1 onion
    2 cloves garlic
    1 litre vegetable stock
    2 tsps oil
    3 tbs (80mls) creme fraiche

Cut the butternut squash and courgette into smallish cubes and the onion into segments and place on a baking tray. Chop each garlic clove in three and scatter over tray before placing in the oven for half an hour.

Heat the oil in a pan and add the baked veg and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Blitz with a hand blender and whisk in the creme fraiche, reheating for a minute if necessary.

I'm bold, I don't let the soup cool before blending so I can eat it straight away :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI tonight - first one since I went back to WW. Not too worried about it, am determined to be more easy going this time around :)

Am not prepared at all today foodwise. Have only a yogurt with me for my tea break and I know that won't fill me. Then cupasoup, rice cakes and Philadelphia for lunch. Not very inspiring at all, but stoney cold broke so couldn't afford to go to the supermarket last night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

WI this morning and was down a pound and a half. Pleased enough with that but still a pound and a half to go to where I was at 2 weeks ago! two and a half pounds to go for my second stone too!

Welcome back Aspie Mum and Shoe Lover!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

Hi everyone ,

Welcome back top all the returnees, it's not easy i know i am one of them too. But what's the alternative, just getting fatter and fatter for me it seems:)

what do you all think about slow cookers? i was thinking about getting one for the winter, by the time you fisish work, try to fit in some exercise and get home it can be8.30 and cold and the chopping, boiling, steaming, baking all takes time, can v quite late by the time i sit down to dinner some evenings.

Anyone tried them? would the veg get very soggy in them or is it ok?I wonde would chicken totally dry up in them?

Any advice appreciated:)

Its some proper TLC you need, hope you have a close friend or OH who can give you some!

I'm lucky enough to have the worlds best boyfriend so always have the shoulder to cry on.. :) I used to suffer very badly with anxity attacks and hadnt had one in such a long time... lets up its that long again before the next one...

So whats for dinner tonight??

I'm going to have aldi fish for 4pp two potateos dry roasted for 6-8 (i mite be gready!!) some curry and cheese.. 14pp in total

Its worth spending them points on something you love when your down cooking them at home for 14 is way better than what i used to do which would be straight out to the chipper if i was hungry or not!! :)

First week of college down! I think i did okay! :D WI will be the deciding verdict!

brown bread, wafer ham, extra light mayo and salad sandwiches all the way!

Tonights dinner!

Steamed baby potatos, 350g 7pp (i'm greedy and like me big dinners)
    with 150g Lean mince and onion dry fried in pan, with 1 tablespoon of gravy and dash of water to make a kinda sauce...
    total = 15/16pp :) for a decent big plate of hearty food! :)

What time do ppl eat dinner? what works better for stopping snacking....early dinner or late dinner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

I had my WI last night and am down 1.5. I wasn't the best this week, went out on Friday eve and had beer, which I normally don't drink. But am happy enough with it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement