Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I switched off as soon as Pat told Jimmy Connors he was Irish.

Not like Pat to engage in that kind of shíte.

Turned on Taoiseach's Questions on RTÉ 1 for a look. Its awful stuff. Why can't Irish politicians debate without relying on a script.

They're all there with their heads down reading notes held in one hand and the other hand in the pocket.

They'd be laughed out of Westminster for an inability to speak off the cuff and think for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

thanks for that man.

the dail may be shyte but i honestly cant figure out WTF pat kenny was smoking when he thought this interview was worth doing.

been bored out of my mind for what feels like the last 20 min or so.

who is it actually aimed at ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

i thought connors mentioned being irish first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Forgoet tennis, let's see if Connors can beat Serena Williams in an arm wrestle..

i thought connors mentioned being irish first?

Nope.

Pat indicated that the reason the encounters between Connors and McEnroe were so intense was because they were both Irish.

Awful rubbish of the kind Bibi Baskin used to sprout and it was always going to be difficult to take the interview seriously after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

Lapin wrote: »
    Nope.

Pat indicated that the reason the encounters between Connors and McEnroe were so intense was because they were both Irish.

Awful rubbish of the kind Bibi Baskin used to sprout and it was always going to be difficult to take the interview seriously after that.

ok i had thought it was other way round
    i tuned out when the medical stuff started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heard that and switched off. Embarrassing fighting Irish nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Forgoet tennis, let's see if Connors can beat Serena Williams in an arm wrestle..

There wouldn't be many men that could, I'd warrant. I only tuned in in the middle of it, I wasn't sure who it was until towards the end. What I heard wasn't bad, the cringeworthy stuff must have been earlier. I'd listen to that again rather than the strained "banter" between him and Des Cahill any day of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Oh, here we go. A couple of creches mistreat kids, so lets guilt women into staying at home to mind their kids.

Dublin is fast gaining a reputation among tourists for agressive beggars in the same way that Barcelona has for pickpockets.

Its sad.

• Advertisement

rendered mute? Pats command of English is a damp squid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Did PK actually say that? An uncharacteristic malaprop. It's normally something you'd hear a salt-a-de-eartttt Duballin ewe-nyon rep come out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

mike65 wrote: »

Pat was quoting Enda Kenny who spoke in the Dail about Marie Fleming. The Taoiseach began his statement by saying ...
    "By any standards this is an extraordinary case involving an extraordinary woman. If the House were asked to find words to describe adequately the impeccable courage, dignity and compassion of Ms Fleming, it would probably be rendered mute".

I must say I don't see a problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Pat was quoting Enda Kenny who spoke in the Dail about Marie Fleming. The Taoiseach began his statement by saying ...
    "By any standards this is an extraordinary case involving an extraordinary woman. If the House were asked to find words to describe adequately the impeccable courage, dignity and compassion of Ms Fleming, it would probably be rendered mute".

I must say I don't see a problem with that.

Written by Enda's spin machine. I doubt he gives a fauck about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Please please please Pat - give us a break from abortion/creche/gardai discretion today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Creche mentioned twice.

Sorry Bits_n_Bobs:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Greenman wrote: »
    Creche mentioned twice.

Sorry Bits_n_Bobs:mad::mad::mad:

Obvious solution to creche / abortion - neuter everyone.

Gardai discretion easily solved by banning politicians. I was going to type ban politicians from driving, but on reflection - just ban them full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Obvious solution to creche / abortion - neuter everyone.

Gardai discretion easily solved by banning politicians. I was going to type ban politicians from driving, but on reflection - just ban them full stop.

100% agree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

what did marie louise o big mouth say to upset the belgians??

What was that about? Belgian family in the sticks being the victim of that chatterbox MLOD

• Advertisement

Argh, I didn't hear that and now I want to know what MLOD divulged!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

whos the sports nutrionist?? Or is it a know it all regular?

neris wrote: »
    whos the sports nutrionist?? Or is it a know it all regular?
    She's Catherine Fulvio, a chef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Here we go again - eulogising Shatter. Who apart from these media gob****es thinks Shatter is a wonderful Minister - I don't know anybody in the real world with a good word for him. He's an arrogant SOB and you only have to look at the mess his relations with the Gardai are in to see what a train wreck he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

Argh, I didn't hear that and now I want to know what MLOD divulged!

Not a lot really. She said who the house was bought for and why. I think the real issue was the fact that details from what was thought to be from a private conversation ended up on the national airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Not a lot really. She said who the house was bought for and why. I think the real issue was the fact that details from what was thought to be from a private conversation ended up on the national airwaves.

Schadenfreude I know, but there's something pleasing about that windbag finally going too far and exposing herself as the nosy gossip she sounds like....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

mike65 wrote: »

If one is going to be a grammar nazi/pedant (like me), one had better get it right. "Rendered mute" is perfectly fine; a "damp squid" is hardly surprising as they live in water. You mean a damp squib, I.e. a damp explosive or firework, something that fails to go off or explode.

In French, pedants are enculeurs des mouches - those who **** flies!

whooooooooooooooosh!

Pat Kenny meant the point was rendered moot not mute! So I snuck in my now standard IT Crowd joke when Roy takes the stand in the Reynholm vs Reynholm case (its on youtube if you haven't seen it)

:( Two hours Mariam :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

oh .

dear.

jesus.

ive actually turned back to tom dunne. PLEASE tell me pats on at 11 ?

cause this is killing me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement