Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Over knee boots

Options
  • 09-10-2015 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Winter time everyone has boots in but not what I'm looking for. I have a picture in my head of something I would like but can't see anything similar anywhere. Im thinking black leather over the knee with a stiletto heel and pointed toe. Maybe have like a crocodile pattern to give them a bit of character. Has anyone seen anything something like this?

I have only ever had below the knee boots so I really want to get something I like so I feel confident in them. Ill probably wear with leggings and a long top but if not a LBD. Suggestions anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

Carvela have some over the knee boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Office, Dune and Nine West have lots. Debenhams have a nice Miss KG pair that would be right up your alley I'd say, and a Ravel pair in suede. Saw a very plain pair in Dorothy Perkins earlier today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

Ok! Progress. Im nearly there with these bad boys.

http://www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,17/2238102636

These with a bit of detail would be fab. Very sexy with a little dress!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

kickthecan wrote:
    These with a bit of detail would be fab. Very sexy with a little dress!

*Personally* I'd keep the thigh-highs (and I have two pairs myself) for wearing with skinny jeans/leggings. Pairing them with a short dress or skirt can be a bit "much", imo. The "Julia Roberts at the start of Pretty Woman" look is not a good one.

Each to their own, though.

All depends how they look on and how high. Just above the knee they would be fine with a dress. If they go thigh high its a different story. As I said earlier in this thread I would have to feel comfortable. Comparisons with a Julia Roberts playing a role as a prostitute doesn't really help thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Have you had a look at Buffalo Boots? Their German site shows a few over knee styles at very reasonable prices, unfortunately it ships to a limited few countries. They may however be available in the shop on Exchequer Street.

http://www.buffalo-boots.com/Damen/Overknee-Stiefel/11131,de_AT,sc.html

My own 2c is that an item of clothing has to be taken in context. Just because you're planning on wearing a pair of thigh/overknee boots with a dress doesn't mean you'll look 'questionable'. How they are worn will depend on you, what you're wearing, where you are, confidence etc.

Have you had a look at Buffalo Boots? Their German site shows a few over knee styles at very reasonable prices, unfortunately it ships to a limited few countries. They may however be available in the shop on Exchequer Street.

http://www.buffalo-boots.com/Damen/Overknee-Stiefel/11131,de_AT,sc.html

My own 2c is that an item of clothing has to be taken in context. Just because you're planning on wearing a pair of thigh/overknee boots with a dress doesn't mean you'll look 'questionable'. How they are worn will depend on you, what you're wearing, where you are, confidence etc.
    Thank you!! Perfectly put.

This is a really good site too I really like some of A lot more going on in these than I had imagined but I really think I might get these. Does the model look like she is questionable even though she has a skirt? No. Totally not.

70_413-1157_148768_05?$detail$

70_413-1157_148768_04?$detail$

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I can't say I like them. I would steer clear of anything that could be used as a prop on motorbike ad.

Anything else on that buffalo website is nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Totally not trying to be a Negative Nellie here, but just a tip, which may not apply to the OP, but may be useful for other readers. I had a pair of above the knee boots 3-4 years ago. At 5'3", I looked totally ridiculous. I just looked so squat. My mom still slags me about the winter I got lost in my boots!

I think anything over the knee should really be kept for the leggier amongst us. Just my opinion though.

Advertisement