Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Gentleman's Pipe Smoking forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rainysmoker

Al_An wrote: »
    Thanks man. Maybe I will try to press my tobacco sometime soon too.
    Thanks a million for the tip on DAN Tobacco. They have loads of tobacco that is new to me and the prices are very good. Managed to get through without using much translator ;)
    I ordered some flake in larger bag and they have already shipped it with DHL.

I smoke my pipe wherever I can. Just open windows wide and I somke away ;) Missus likes the smell so I'm grand.
    But I smoke in parks and in public. Sometimes you may get a smirk from people but often you will get compliment on your tobacco too. Don't care if they presume you smoke funny stuff.

I wanted to reply yesterday, but was busy with making a new, improved and better looking tobacco press! Finished and I'm pressing Mac Baren Plumcake in it. The plan is to keep it under pressure until Saturday (4 days) then open up, slice or dice it, puor some rum or whiskey on it and press again for a few more days. We'll see what spirit I'm gonna use because I don't want the cheapest but I'm no expert --->>recommendations are more than welcome :)

What flake did you order? House blend or some international stuff? I really like their bulk bags/prices. Most of them are really cheap compared to the Irish prices. There are some other German sites I found if you are interested. The shipping could be more but those have some nice deals sometimes, too!

I think I just need to get used to the pipe! I used to believe it's a very traditional hobby and only old people do it. I have ever seen like 3 people smoking a pipe on the streets in my life so I guess this adds up. Anyway, thanks for the advices and let me know how is your new tobacco flakes! If they are good I'll get some too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Al_An

Hi, I ordered their own budget flake– natural virginia and one of the non branded ready rubbed bags. I am looking forward to see what is it like. I had mixed experience with low end price tobacco in the past but I need to watch my budget– I smoke too much for having fancy tobacco for everyday use so I keep the good stuff stashed away and use it sparely to make a good moment even better.

Make sure you keep us posted about your pressing/flavouring process. I tried once to experiment with flavouring and maturing my tobacco with lavender;) Didn't go very well ;D Haha
    Also personally I think I prefer little to non flavoured tobaccos–dark, strong with creamy smoke.

As to the alcohol recommendation I am no expert either but I was always fond of the Red Breast whiskey. Not sure but it may be hard to come by it- last time I saw it was in the fancy shop with alcohols around Stephens Green. I think its Dawson Street.

Hi, I ordered their own budget flake– natural virginia and one of the non branded ready rubbed bags. I am looking forward to see what is it like. I had mixed experience with low end price tobacco in the past but I need to watch my budget– I smoke too much for having fancy tobacco for everyday use so I keep the good stuff stashed away and use it sparely to make a good moment even better.

Make sure you keep us posted about your pressing/flavouring process. I tried once to experiment with flavouring and maturing my tobacco with lavender;) Didn't go very well ;D Haha
    Also personally I think I prefer little to non flavoured tobaccos–dark, strong with creamy smoke.

As to the alcohol recommendation I am no expert either but I was always fond of the Red Breast whiskey. Not sure but it may be hard to come by it- last time I saw it was in the fancy shop with alcohols around Stephens Green. I think its Dawson Street.

Let me know how is the flake! How do you prepare flakes? Do you fold or just rub it out? I didn't really like folding, tried it a few times and I was quite unsuccesful with it. Best was cube cut so far.

Waht do you mean by fancy tobacco? Would Dunhills be fancy?;) I think I will order soon and I'm going to get all the Germain's tobaccos. I only smoke once or twice a day and I have to plan them because I like the tobacco on the drier side. I had no success keeping Full Virgina Flake lit out of the tin. Now, I cubed a piece and it's sitting on my shelf for the last 3-4 days. I'll smoke it tonight.

That levander casing sounds good! What did you do with it? If it was me, I would make an reduction or alcohol based tinkture and pour a little on the tobacco and store or press!

Once the flake arrives I will let you know what's it like. I usually rub the flake roughly. When smoking outdoors i would fold it instead. I found that folding the whole flake is too much for most of my pipes. I would take a small strip off before folding- that way it won't sit too tight in the bowl.
    I don't really mind if the pipe goes off occasionally. I rather have the tobacco smoke slower and relight it when necessary than having to dry it out. Also I get too impatient looking at the tobacco drying out ;)

Yeah I like Dunhill. I also like Samuel Gawith a lot. Also the plug and Irish Flake from Peterson. Basically by fancy I mean the tobacco I enjoy the most but can't afford to buy often ;)

I did mix the lavender oil with whiskey. Coated tobacco in the mixture and stored it for a week in a air tight glass jar. Took a pinch to taste– whoaaaa– I thought my tongue falls off and get poisoned. Kept the tobacco for next 2 weeks. Got bit better but still bad. I think I went too far on the lavender, although it didn't even smell lavender. Can't even say how it smelled–repulsive ;)

Maybe I will try again in the future. Any tips?

Once the flake arrives I will let you know what's it like. I usually rub the flake roughly. When smoking outdoors i would fold it instead. I found that folding the whole flake is too much for most of my pipes. I would take a small strip off before folding- that way it won't sit too tight in the bowl.
    I don't really mind if the pipe goes off occasionally. I rather have the tobacco smoke slower and relight it when necessary than having to dry it out. Also I get too impatient looking at the tobacco drying out ;)

Yeah I like Dunhill. I also like Samuel Gawith a lot. Also the plug and Irish Flake from Peterson. Basically by fancy I mean the tobacco I enjoy the most but can't afford to buy often ;)

I did mix the lavender oil with whiskey. Coated tobacco in the mixture and stored it for a week in a air tight glass jar. Took a pinch to taste– whoaaaa– I thought my tongue falls off and get poisoned. Kept the tobacco for next 2 weeks. Got bit better but still bad. I think I went too far on the lavender, although it didn't even smell lavender. Can't even say how it smelled–repulsive ;)

Maybe I will try again in the future. Any tips?

I tried folding and it was a pain, I think I should've dried that a bit longer. Rubbing out was ok and cube cut was the best so far but not all the time. I'll experiment more. Actually, I jist opened a tin of Treasures of Ireland Limerick virginia flake. It's the best tobacco I've had so far. Really like it, it smells great and no need to dry it out too long.
    I don't mind if the pipe goes out but if 25 relights needed I think there's something wrong. There are days when I can smoke a pipe to the bottom and sometimes even if I relight it won't stay lit, seems like the smoke is over and when I clean my pipe it turns out half of the pack is still unused tobacco..

I love plugs and crumble cakes and flakes and all those pressed stuff. My tobacco is still in the press, poured some cognac on it. I'll open it on Friday or Saturday, I'll see. Speaking of tobacco and the fancy thing you mentioned, if you buy from Germany most of the stuff you mentioned are cheaper. If you order bulk (sometimes there's an option) you can save more. I read that tobacco is even cheaper in Spain but they aren't allowed to sell online. I wish I could do a one day tobacco trip:):) I am thinking of visiting Nottingham soon for the same reason.

How much oil did you use? It was probably too much and also what kind of alcohol it was? Essential oils are really strong, I wouldn't use more than 3-4 drops. That wouldn't give flavour but aroma only. I'm not sure how could you case tobacco to get the flavour as well.

I found mentions about the Dublin Pipe Club, but the website is down and apparently there weren't any regular meetings. Do you know anything about it? I am thinking of organising pipe meetings, maybe in a quiet pub once in a month. What do you think? Would you be interested?

• Advertisement

I tried folding and it was a pain, I think I should've dried that a bit longer. Rubbing out was ok and cube cut was the best so far but not all the time. I'll experiment more. Actually, I jist opened a tin of Treasures of Ireland Limerick virginia flake. It's the best tobacco I've had so far. Really like it, it smells great and no need to dry it out too long.
    I don't mind if the pipe goes out but if 25 relights needed I think there's something wrong. There are days when I can smoke a pipe to the bottom and sometimes even if I relight it won't stay lit, seems like the smoke is over and when I clean my pipe it turns out half of the pack is still unused tobacco..

I love plugs and crumble cakes and flakes and all those pressed stuff. My tobacco is still in the press, poured some cognac on it. I'll open it on Friday or Saturday, I'll see. Speaking of tobacco and the fancy thing you mentioned, if you buy from Germany most of the stuff you mentioned are cheaper. If you order bulk (sometimes there's an option) you can save more. I read that tobacco is even cheaper in Spain but they aren't allowed to sell online. I wish I could do a one day tobacco trip:):) I am thinking of visiting Nottingham soon for the same reason.

How much oil did you use? It was probably too much and also what kind of alcohol it was? Essential oils are really strong, I wouldn't use more than 3-4 drops. That wouldn't give flavour but aroma only. I'm not sure how could you case tobacco to get the flavour as well.

I found mentions about the Dublin Pipe Club, but the website is down and apparently there weren't any regular meetings. Do you know anything about it? I am thinking of organising pipe meetings, maybe in a quiet pub once in a month. What do you think? Would you be interested?

How long do you have to wait on average for the tobacco to come to you from DAN? Tracking of my shipment got stuck after processed and shipped to Ireland on the 29th of September. Rang the AnPost and they say they didn't receive it.
    Getting bit worried because all the previous times I bought tobacco online in Germany the package would get here within 4 days.

Yeah the prices of tobacco are so much "friendlier" basically everywhere in Europe. Are you sure trip to England is a good Idea for tobacco shopping? I thought it was even more expensive than here.

Im not sure if that is a common knowledge or even if I got this from the internet but the way I fold is I take both ends and fold them to the middle first and then the last fold. After that i would roll the packet gently to sort of "mess it up" a bit. Not sure if that rolling helps though.

I remember I used very little of the oil and mixed it with Jameson that was around after Christmas. You are probably right saying too much oil. I remember I used only small part of the tobacco I had. I will give it a shot again some time soon.

I didn't hear about any club, but I remember there was a pipe smoking venue few months back. I think it was organised by Fox and Peterson and I am not sure if this is something they would do annually.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 soCKrates

Hey guys, sorry I've been absent the last while. I've just ordered some orlik golden sliced from Gauntleys. I tried purchasing from the danish pipe shop but there was a 5 euro admin fee plus another fiver on top of that because my order was under 20 euro haha so it wound up being cheaper purchasing from the UK.

How is the tobacco pressing coming along rainysmoker?

I heard about the pipe smoking meet up from James Fox's FB page as Al_an said I'm not sure if its a regular thing. I'm going to message them and see. I'm sure if there is a demand they would organise something more regularly.

Any recommendations for some tobaccos? I'm a big fan of the vapers and want to try something other than those for a change. I've still quite a full tin of nutty cut available for a swap if anyone is interested.

Hello Al_An, soCKrates

How are you guys doing? Sorry for being inactive, I was busy at work recently and then I needed some free time...

I opened up my tobacco press on Friday, it's great, smells and tastes a little bit like Henessey which is cool. The latakia which is in there is getting more and more exciting to me. I wasn't a big fan of this blend but apparently the more you smoke it the more you like it:)

Any news with your order Al_An? Did it arrive safe? How are the tobaccos?
    How is your Orlik soCKrates? I am planning to try it as well!

I bought a few estate, metal pipes during this weekend. I want to give pipe restoration a try and I also found some beauty in metal pipes. I am waiting for a Falcon, a Dr. Grabow Viking and a Yello-Bole Aerograte. I look forward to clean them and eventually try them. I also have a really old pipe from my grandpa which needs some care.

I checked the James Fox meeting. Well, I don't want to be rude but it looked like they just wanted to sell stuff. Well, obviously, but they not gonna make it regular I think because it looked like it they spent a lot to rent the place. This is not my cup of tea. I was thinking of meeting in a pub and have a pint and smoke together and just chat or exchange tobacco or whatever. Anyway, maybe I'll organise one.

Have you seen the new christmas collection from Peterson? I love the stem on them. I wonder how much they cost:) I would love to have the Mark Twain poker from them, too! Hmm, maybe next year.

SoCKrates, I would actually like to try that Nutry Cut blend you have. Would you like to trade 2-3 bowls for some pressed Sherlock Holmes or pressed MacBaren Plumcake? The Plumcake is pressed with cognac. I also have some Treasures Of Ireland Limerick which is a flake tobacco. Let me know and pm me your address and which one you want to try.

Hey there Rainysmoker. Just a quick message to tell you about a page I found on FB. It's called 'Pipe smokers of Ireland' there's talk of a meet up in the Porterhouse on Nassau street on the 20th of this month. I think I'll be heading up. Join the page and check it out.

The Orlik golden sliced is very nice I have to say. It's a lot milder than the Elizabethan mixture and has a very sweet smell from the tin. The smoke is cool and tastes very nice, you can almost taste the citrus flavour's coming through.

I dont know if you heard of GQ tobaccos based in the UK, but this guy has a grand selection of pipes and tobaccos and well worth checking out. I'm waiting on a Savinelli Miele 128 and a deluxe tobacco sampler (5x20g Virginia mix) you can order loads of samples from this guy, which is always a plus since I'm not too fond of Nutty Cut.

Do you want the full tin of Nutty Cut or do you just want a sample? I'd love to try your pressed stuff so that would be great. I've a guy in the states interested in that tin, but I don't fancy doing a swap with him in case I end up getting taxed!

Hope your well and hope to see you on the page, I think this the start of a good pipe meet up if it gathers enough interest. This short post didn't quite go to plan haha

Hi all,
    Sorry for my prolonged absence too.

I was about to buy orilik several times in the past but my choice always went elsewhere. From your description soCKrates I may enjoy it a lot.

Rainysmoker, would you believe I still didn't receive the tobacco? Coming monday will be three weeks since they shipped it. Im loosing my hopes of receiving it any time soon, or even at all.

On the other note. Recently noticed new Peterson flake– I liked the aroma, the gentle fruity virginia. Anyone tried it?

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    Sorry for my prolonged absence too.

I was about to buy orilik several times in the past but my choice always went elsewhere. From your description soCKrates I may enjoy it a lot.

Rainysmoker, would you believe I still didn't receive the tobacco? Coming monday will be three weeks since they shipped it. Im loosing my hopes of receiving it any time soon, or even at all.

On the other note. Recently noticed new Peterson flake– I liked the aroma, the gentle fruity virginia. Anyone tried it?

In not smoking long so my description of flavours isn't too great ATM, I just know I like it. It has a little perique in it too, its not too strong from the tin note but you can definitely get it in the retro hale through the nose. It's a lovely smoke. You can get a 10gram sample on GQ tobaccos, its worth a look. I'm waiting on a delivery of a new pipe and Virginia samples from there that will hopefully arrive tomorrow.

Where did you order the tobacco from? It seems like a very long time to be waiting for it. Any tracking info with it? You should notify whoever you purchased it off. Its a real pity if it got lost.

I haven't tried that Peterson flake, is it a full Virginia? Sounds nice and I think I'll try it.

Hi,
    Thanks for the description. I will try it some time.

Yes I ordered straight Virginia flake from DAN tobacco. I will email them again on Monday because clearly something went wrong with the postage. I have to say the service from DAN was very good. They reply very fast in English, they processed the order very fast too and shipped it on the day of order.

Rainysmoker— I only yesterday folded my flake as I wasn't doing it for a long time now. While enjoying the smoke a thought came to me. If you are used to smoke well dried cube cuts granules ribbon cuts and what have you, couldn't it be that your smoking pace is just tad too slow? I smoke folded flakes outdoors because I think folded flake smokes slower. Maybe if you try to puff your pipe gently as you would with tobacco you are more familiar with it causes it to go off?
    Just a thought.

Enjoy the weekend guys.

Hey Al_An, soCKrates,

How are you guys? I hope everything goes well for you! I was under the weather lately and worked a lot, the last thing I wanted to do is type on my phone... Sorry about that.

My estate pipes arrived a week ago, started to clean them out and they are going to be finished soon. I am waiting on wax and some oils to finish them up and that's all I guess.
    I became a fan of the Treasures of Ireland line of tobaccos, especially the Limerick flake. It's a virginia flake, smells like figs and raisins amd smokes really nicely. I love it.

Any new tobaccos you tried?

Any news on your order Al_An?

Did you guys go to the pipe meeting last weekend? I couldn't make it unfortunately, maybe next time.

I hope you guys are well and have some stories to share:)

Hi guys.

So the story continues... After 4 weeks DanPipe have re-send the tobacco.
    Second shipment came only today. I found empty box and the notice of seizure ;(
    At least this time they bothered to give the notice – Ba****s!

Oh, I also meant to ask – anybody actually tried to write to the Revenue to claim the shipment back as it says in the notice?

It says here that if they receive a vlid claim the Revenue Commissioner may either a) Offer settlement or b) Institute legal proceedings for forfeiture of the goods.

Should I understand it that as long as I am sitting quiet I am safe but if I try to get my tobacco back I am putting myself in risk of being prosecuted? Is that what it means?

Hi guys.

So the story continues... After 4 weeks DanPipe have re-send the tobacco.
    Second shipment came only today. I found empty box and the notice of seizure ;(
    At least this time they bothered to give the notice – Ba****s!

Sorry to hear this brother! I ordered from here already and never had a problem. Also, as far as I know, it is not illegal to buy and ship tobacco in the EU. They can open the box and add extra taxes of you're unlucky but that's it. If I were you I would send them an email and ask about it and point out that they state on their website that you can legally buy stuff from abroad. I am curious what was the customs problem here....

Revenue_dot__ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1882.html. Correct and check the link here

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The more relevant leaflet is this one. The law* says that the company was supposed to pay the taxes owed to Irish Revenue before shipping. The company didn't and the goods were seized. It doesn't say anywhere what the procedure is, but I'm sure there is one, though it's bound to be expensive.

*and every thread on this forum on the subject of ordering tobacco online.

Thanks Rainysmoker and BeerNut. I looked at the leaflets you have posted here, though I will have to read them carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hunter101

Hi all

I'm a smoker (fags) for 10 years, going to Galway next week and would love to start smoking a pipe as a treat if nothing else, was looking online and am getting confused. What is a good pipe to start off with and what's a nice tobacco (never knew there was so many different types, but I'll only be able to get mellow Virginia at home in Sligo)?

Any advice is appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Hunter101 wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm a smoker (fags) for 10 years, going to Galway next week and would love to start smoking a pipe as a treat if nothing else, was looking online and am getting confused. What is a good pipe to start off with and what's a nice tobacco (never knew there was so many different types, but I'll only be able to get mellow Virginia at home in Sligo)?

Buy a corncob pipe, you'll pick one up for 10 quid on ebay. I wouldn't invest in an expensive pipe because if you don't take to it, it'd be a waste of money. A pack of pipe cleaners, a 3pc multi tool and you're good to go.

As for tobacco I'd recommend Aromatics. They're basically flavoured in taste .i.e cherry, chocolate, honey etc.... Stay away from Latakia at the begining as they're quite strong in flavour.

Welcome to the pipe community!

Thanks Rainysmoker and BeerNut. I looked at the leaflets you have posted here, though I will have to read them carefully.

Hey All_An how's things? Did you manage to get your package back? I'm about to order some tobacco from Dan pipe as well and don't want my package seized! Hope you weren't taxed too much for it after.

It's hard to find a decent place in Europe to purchase tobacco from as there's not a great selection for tobacco here.

Has anybody joined pipe smokers of Ireland on FB BTW?

soCKrates wrote: »

Didnt even know there was one? Not on bookface so I cant look it up?

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Didnt even know there was one? Not on bookface so I cant look it up?

There's one there alright, I joined up a while back. There's a grand community built up and I'm glad to be apart of it. Great for discussing blends old and new and for pipe makers to show off their stuff and also swapping tobacco. I've discovered so many new blends and handmade pipes already!

Nice to meet you by the way, Faith+1

Hunter101 wrote: »
    Hi all

Hi Hunter101, I recommend you try orlik golden sliced its a lovely smoke with a hint of perique but mostly Virginia I'm sure you would like it. Another blend is Erinmore flake, which is a Virginia/burley blend with a citrusy fruity flavour, also very tasty.

Another you should try is Rattrays Marlin flake, Virginia again with some black Cavendish, the cavendish in this one produces a lovely sweet taste, not too sweet but very enjoyably and it's one of my favourites so far.

I'd recommend starting off with Virginia, burley,perique blends before you move off into Oriental and Latakia's. (I still haven't moved onto those myself yet!)

soCKrates wrote: »
    Hey All_An how's things? Did you manage to get your package back? I'm about to order some tobacco from Dan pipe as well and don't want my package seized! Hope you weren't taxed too much for it after.

It's hard to find a decent place in Europe to purchase tobacco from as there's not a great selection for tobacco here.

Hi,
    Hope you are all doing well guys.

soCKrates – I emailed DAN about it and wrote what it said in the seizure notice.
    They said it has never happened before and asked for more details but then the contact finished.
    To be honest I thought it was a lost cause and I didn't want to put more time and nerves to it. (Remember it took ages and I already felt like in Kafka's novel)

Also I studied the excise prices for tobacco and it seemed to me that the tax would be much more than I paid for the product. I would never pay the taxman anyway. Let them choke with my tobacco.

If you order though please let know how it went. Also please note I have absolutely nothing against DAN. Good service and great range of fine tobacco. Just bit dangerous with customs (at least from my point of view).
    I'd say don't invest too much at once so if things goes bad you won't regret too much.

Hi,
    Hope you are all doing well guys.

soCKrates – I emailed DAN about it and wrote what it said in the seizure notice.
    They said it has never happened before and asked for more details but then the contact finished.
    To be honest I thought it was a lost cause and I didn't want to put more time and nerves to it. (Remember it took ages and I already felt like in Kafka's novel)

Also I studied the excise prices for tobacco and it seemed to me that the tax would be much more than I paid for the product. I would never pay the taxman anyway. Let them choke with my tobacco.

If you order though please let know how it went. Also please note I have absolutely nothing against DAN. Good service and great range of fine tobacco. Just bit dangerous with customs (at least from my point of view).
    I'd say don't invest too much at once so if things goes bad you won't regret too much.

I actually messaged them earlier today about it. I told them that they had to apply for VAT for Ireland and sort out the taxes their end before it arrives in the country. I doubt they'll do anything about it and I'll have to chance my arm if I order. It's a pity because they do have a fine selection of tobaccos and I had quite a few picked out that I wanted to try.

I'm still looking for a new site to order off, I know a few in the UK but there's a good few European and US blends I want to try and they don't stock them. I'd order off pipes and cigars or 4noggins only its the same story with the taxes. I'd love to be able to pay for my stuff in one place and not have to worry about additional extortion fees before its delivered to me.

I think I'll make do with ordering from the UK and maybe get a few heads to create demand for a few new blends every now and then.

I'm sorry it didn't work out with DAN by the way. I might actually try them if they reply and sort it out their end.

Who do you order off now? I use GQ Tobaccos in the UK, he's very helpful and has a good selection of both pipes and tobacco, even has his own blends.. I haven't tried them yet but I def will soon, you should check out the site.

Hi soCrates,
    Good thinking. Let know what they said to sorting taxing stuff on their end.
    At the moment I ask people to bring me some tobacco when they travel. It's cheap this way but I smoke whatever they find — usually low-end vanilla flavoured ;)
    I will definitely start ordering online again but I have to be either sure it goes through or have budget strong enough to not to care too much if package gets "stolen".

You say GQ is safe to order from?

Only recently I got a corncob pipe as a present. I love it — I hear those pipes don't last so I'm using it sparely but it's really fun to smoke and look at!

All the best guys

Hi soCrates,
    Good thinking. Let know what they said to sorting taxing stuff on their end.
    At the moment I ask people to bring me some tobacco when they travel. It's cheap this way but I smoke whatever they find — usually low-end vanilla flavoured ;)
    I will definitely start ordering online again but I have to be either sure it goes through or have budget strong enough to not to care too much if package gets "stolen".

You say GQ is safe to order from?

Only recently I got a corncob pipe as a present. I love it — I hear those pipes don't last so I'm using it sparely but it's really fun to smoke and look at!

All the best guys

Yep its definitely safe to order from GQ. I just got an order of Erinmore and Marlin flake from there, I also got my Savinelli pipe and orlik golden sliced there too. The delivery is pricey though, its €17 so I'd recommend getting a few tin's or some bulk to justify they cost. Saying that though, you won't have to worry about extra taxes or customs fees as its all sorted out his end.

I need more travelling friends to bring me home tobacco! I'm mad to try those European blends on DAN.. Still nothing back from them so very weary ordering just yet.

I'm thinking of getting a corncob too or atleast a small pipe, sometimes I like having a short smoke as my two other pipes take at least an hour to smoke when I'm sipping it. They're nice and cheap and certainly are nice to look at and would be good to get to test out new blends before packing the 'good' pipes.

I'll let you know if I hear from DAN, in the meantime, happy smokes everyone!

• Advertisement

I got a pal of mine to post me over some tins from the states and have yet to recieve it. Normally I have it within a week but its pushing 2 now.

Hopefully its just the christmas season but Ill let u guys know if I recieve it.

Advertisement