Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2.0tdi engine radiator fan not working

• 18-10-2014 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a way to test a radiator fan on a car, I got my car repaired after an accident (front damage) and before I bring it back to the repair centre I want to be 100% it's not working.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Depending on car it will switch on with air con.

After going for a drive leave car run when you stop it should kick in as engine temp rises 10 mins running should do it.

If fan isn't running make sure it doesn't over heat. Your temp gaugue should be just below 1/2 way if temp rises just over 1/2 way the fan should come on and keep it at or near 1/2 mark.

Its highly likely the fan just hasn't been plugged in after repair work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Yeah its not overheating at all, gauge is stuck at the half way line constantly, I've done some big miles over the last few weeks, and have checked a number of times when the car has been stationary and its not on, I'll check again with the air con on.

Thanks

When your driving 30 mph or faster air is forsed through the radiator it will only be at very slow speed or stopped that fan is needed.

After returning from a drive leave the car run in driveway for 10mins fan should kick in

visual, ran it for a while and let it sit there, once I stuck on the a/c the fan kicked in. Great! The only other issue I can see with the car is with the levelling head lights one is not working, any ideas what that could be.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    visual, ran it for a while and let it sit there, once I stuck on the a/c the fan kicked in. Great! The only other issue I can see with the car is with the levelling head lights one is not working, any ideas what that could be.

Can you hear the headlamp motor running ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any any point, feel free to mention what car you have...

visual wrote: »
    Can you hear the headlamp motor running ?

Yeah the motor is running when I move them up and down.

Advertisement