Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're going to the zoo, how about you?? 28th April!

• 19-02-2012 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

A member pointed out to me that we haven't had a meet up in a while... I can finally ship my three kids in the same car together, so how about one!?

Was thinking the of a weekend in April, at Dublin Zoo?

Please pick which date(s) are best for you, I've left out Easter Sunday for obvious reasons. The most popular date wins!

Mammies, daddies and parents to be welcome!

Which date suits best? 20 votes

Sunday 1st April
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 7th April
    5% 1 vote
    Saturday 14th April
    10% 2 votes
    Sunday 15th April
    10% 2 votes
    Saturday 21st April
    10% 2 votes
    Sunday 22nd April
    20% 4 votes
    Saturday 28th April
    15% 3 votes
    Sunday 29th April
    30% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Most dates suits me. I also have a zoo card that will get in 3 other adults :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I just need to confirm scout activities before voting. Have a camp on 14/15 so that's out.

Zoo card has expired so I'll be hoping to bum 2 adult and 2 child freebies in :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have a Zoo card too:)
    Paddys weekend does not suit me,the rest should be ok.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Paddys weekend does not suit me,the rest should be ok.

Just as well Paddy's weekend isn't in April then isn't it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Any day except 1st/14th/15th....! :)
    Will probably have to bum off a member as well ;)
    Can't wait to bring the little man to the zoo, see what he makes of it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Orion wrote: »
    Just as well Paddy's weekend isn't in April then isn't it :p
    Yes. ;P
    You and the girls can come in on my card.

:)

Cool. 'er indoors will probably come as well. We'll sneak her in on someone's card. What about Mr. Moonbeam? He has to be there to talk music with Mrs. Orion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

wolfpawnat, is it ok if me and himself bum in on your card, means there's space for one more adult?

January wrote: »
    wolfpawnat, is it ok if me and himself bum in on your card, means there's space for one more adult?

Ye can of course :) So I have room for another adult on mine then, Mr. Wolfpaw will either be studying or catching up on sleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We've got confirmations and birthdays in April so I'll just wait and see what date is picked and if we're free we'll go along.

• Advertisement

Orion wrote: »
    :)

Cool. 'er indoors will probably come as well. We'll sneak her in on someone's card. What about Mr. Moonbeam? He has to be there to talk music with Mrs. Orion.

I was including Mrs Orion in you and the girls;)
    If he is not working he might make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Would love to go but will have to see when baby no. 2 arrives. I think my little miss is just the right age now to really enjoy the zoo this time.
    She slept the whole time on the last meet there I attended :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭rosknight

Does anyone know of any Zoo admission deals at the moment?

Oh I'll come along to this as long as my daughter doesn't have a football match or at least has an early one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

We're in! Wolfpawnat could we sneak in with you also?

hacked wrote: »
    We're in! Wolfpawnat could we sneak in with you also?

No bother, my card is full now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Bridge and I will be delighted to attend! All dates in April good do far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Would love to go... weekend of the 21st doesn't suit cos i've my brothers wedding.. would be lovely to see everyone again..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Might I suggest that if its a tie between a saturday and a sunday saturday might work best for some? I know there are a few of us on here travelling on public transport, and on a sunday that would be a NIGHTMARE...would definitely affect whether i decide to go or not anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

Either of the last 2 weekends of April suit me.

• Advertisement

I voted for the 28th but realised I'm away that weekend. Could a mod remove my vote so as not to mess up the pole?

edited poll to remove vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

So it's a toss up between the 28th and 29th, would the 28th be ok? For reasons hacked suggested, it would be easier for the parents who are taking public transport.

Oh god, I'm a disaster!
    It's actually the last weekend of MARCH I'm away, not April! So I can totally make that weekend and yes the Saturday would suit me better as football won't be an issue.

28th it is so. Two meetups that day now - this one and tGC beers that night. I love it when a plan comes together :D

Sat 28th of April it is so.

I'm in :) See ye there!

It's a date!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Can't remember if Saturday was one of the days I voted for, but if it was I didn't think it through! :rolleyes: Back to work/ college from next week on Thursdays and Saturdays... only for 6 months though so hopefully next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I'll have to bow out folks. All of the dates are too close to my due date for such a long drive.
    I'm struggling with the half hour drive to work in the morning so definitely wouldn't manage the 2 hour drive up.
    Pity as I would have loved to catch up with everyone again, hopefully later in the year though myself, the little lady & our new addition will be able to join you all.

Have fun :)

Advertisement