Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QFA exams!

• 30-10-2014 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Have 2 exams left - life assurance and financial planning. Have taken on two exams in last two sittings and passed easily enough. For anyone who has a QFA - do you think it's too much taking on two in January as financial planning is written and pay possibly require more time and effort?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭R_V_P 24

JMB88 wrote: »
    Have 2 exams left - life assurance and financial planning. Have taken on two exams in last two sittings and passed easily enough. For anyone who has a QFA - do you think it's too much taking on two in January as financial planning is written and pay possibly require more time and effort?

Hi JMB

I couldn't think it would be to be honest, Life is fairly straight forward, but FP dies need a bit of work, if your use to sitting university exams in the past then it should be no bother, I never took this approach though and did 2x2 regulations and then FP, the only thing for you is though both exams are one after another on the same day which may give you some added stress!! If your not working in the sector at present I would advise against it and do it one by one but if you are I'd advise you to get it done but be careful to out in the work in the weeks ahead...

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

Thanks for reply! From what I've looked at so far Life Assurance will be handy enough! Think I'll go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭gtansey44

Forgive me if this seems a foolish question, just applied to sit two exams in January. Once you apply do the lia provide you with everything needed in terms of course material?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭R_V_P 24

gtansey44 wrote: »
    Forgive me if this seems a foolish question, just applied to sit two exams in January. Once you apply do the lia provide you with everything needed in terms of course material?

Yeah they send the manuals in the post within 10days, and you have access to the online stuff within a few days too, about a month before the exam you will find out when and where the exams are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭gtansey44

R_V_P 24 wrote: »
    Yeah they send the manuals in the post within 10days, and you have access to the online stuff within a few days too, about a month before the exam you will find out when and where the exams are!!

Thank you again

• Advertisement
Advertisement