Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Portfolio?

Options
  • 27-10-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I'm really interested in the visual communications course at IADT, I'm putting together a portfolio at the moment but I haven't a clue where to start. What are they looking for in this portfolio, is there anything I should defiantly include and what should I include in my sketchbooks? Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 artsblock

HI Forart 14
    What they are looking for is, good level of drawing, if you have skill show it off,
    Neat presentation good composition is key. Work should be neatly mounted.
    You will need 20 or so mounted sheets, the work will need to mounted onto a light card,
    On an A1 sheet you might have 2 to 3 studies of an object, include a mix of media, drawing, painting, photography. Gary scale work, colour,
    Try and keep to the theme or object for some of the sheets.
    A typographic project would be a plus, create a new type face .
    Use a note book, paste in a graphics that you like on the edge of the page point out what it is you like about it.
    When you are organising your portfolio put your best work first. There are short intensive portfolio courses/class/ grinds/ available.
    All the best in your submission

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Forart14

If you can, come to the open days on 21st and 22nd November. You'll get to meet the staff and students and get a feel for the place. They'll also talk you through the portfolio process.

Advertisement