Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Midleton to Youghal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

As far as I know they want to dual it as far as Youghal. As for HQDC or 2+2 I dont know, but I'd say they'll HQDC it.

Bad news though, since Amgen went down, the Carrigtwohill to Midleton road scheme has been canned temporarily, leaving the median crossings, 80kmh zones and unused traffic lights in place. No idea when it will be done instead - I suppose there are roads more needing of an upgrade than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

As far as I know they want to dual it as far as Youghal. As for HQDC or 2+2 I dont know, but I'd say they'll HQDC it.

Bad news though, since Amgen went down, the Carrigtwohill to Midleton road scheme has been canned temporarily, leaving the median crossings, 80kmh zones and unused traffic lights in place. No idea when it will be done instead - I suppose there are roads more needing of an upgrade than this.

Interestingly enough, the entire Kilmacthomas bypass is to be upgraded to 2+2. Wonder will something like this also be done for the Youghal bypass eventually.

I'm also guessing that the eventual Dungarvan bypass will atleast be 2+2 to eventually have at least 2+2 from Cork to Waterford as part of the Atlantic Corridor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Yeah I'd say it wouldnt be a massive deal to convert the Youghal bypass to 2+2. The big question will be the Midleton roundabout at the end of the current DC. IIRC there was trouble with some CPOs there, which is why theres a roundabout there now and not some level of grade separation.

Hopefully it will be a GSJ and not some stupidity like HQDC from the Cork side, a big roundabout, then 2+2 to Waterford.

Advertisement