Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

adoption

• 19-09-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am now two years into the long adoption journey awaiting approval from the adoption authority. It has been at very difficult and challenging past few years dealing with failed ivf/icsi treatments and trying to move on mentally and physically towards the hope of having a family with my husband through adoption. Overall I feel we are coping very well but there are times when the trying to remain positive and focused just gets too much. Can anyone out there relate to this and what have you done to try and maintain a healthy mental state? Can anyone recommend a good counsellor in the Dublin area with experience of infertility and adoption? any advice would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am going to move this to Adoption as I feel that you will get more help there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

We joined a good adoption support group, IAA and ICCG. We went along to their meetings and indeed their celebrations.. Parents who had already adopted would hear we were there and come talk to us, cheer us up and show us how worth the wait was... They are like an extended family now.

We were five years from first contact to our first daughter being in our arms and ten from the very first contact to having our second bundle of joy..

Corny as it sounds the whole wait melts away the instant you have a referral, more so when you have your child..

Its not a journey for the faint hearted and it hurts when people ignorantly say we opted for "the easy option"

Have faith... it will happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 livelaugh

thankyou bbam for your kind message. I am a member of the IAA and have found the meetings we have gone to very helpful. The wider adoptive community have a lot of very good people in it. Good to hear your positive experience.

Advertisement