Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed Centra on Main street Newbridge

• 02-04-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Ive heard rumors that the Old Centra (Eddies) is reopening in the coming days . Is there any truth to this and does anyone know what company is taking over premises ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Damien360

Last I heard it was a SPAR shop going in. It was a prime location and I fail to see to this day why it fell apart so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Was always very pricey in my experience. Hopefully it opens soon , river end of the town lacks a shop

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

I am reliably told that it is opening at the end of this month as is going to be a Daybreak store who are part of the Centra group. Its badly needed at the bottom of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭splashthecash

ah eddie o'connors...i always found it very expensive, very rarely went in there.

bring back kearns, that what i say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,470 ✭✭✭✭guil

ah eddie o'connors...i always found it very expensive, very rarely went in there.

bring back kearns, that what i say!!
    supposedly thats why he closed, musgraves said lower the prices and he wouldn't so they shut him down

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    supposedly thats why he closed, musgraves said lower the prices and he wouldn't so they shut him down

That's some rumour to put out...you know 3 people owned it yeah?

Anyway, the place was expensive and they had very little stock. Also it took them years to allow payment by laser, and the ATM was always empty. It's a pity to see O'Connor's out of the town, but if you can't keep up with the times, then you will go out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭UMMMM

The unit is reserved so it will be more than a few days ! Also it was run down dark and little grim it had been done up 15 years ago and not touched since. Also it was owned by three previously but in the last year it was just one of the brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Getting some fresh paint today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Emilyreid85

I can assure you all that the rumours about musgraves taking the shop of the brothers is a complet lie & it was painted many times since 97 the lot of you are pathetic get a life it was a very hard time for the family so please try not make it any harder and stop spreading unessesary rumorurs. Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Emily Reid

Might I inform You this thread is O-L-D, the last post being over 4 months ago.

Not sure just where You are coming from?

Apologies Mods, I may have overstepped my line here, just seeing someone with a 1st post firing from the hip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Nothing bad was said about the family and stating the fact that the old store was very expensive so i don't get the agro.. anyway a nice new daybreak is open in its place with plenty of offers . So could the mods lock this thread please ,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bitchie

Eddie O Connors closed last Oct it was owned by 3 brothers and 2 ran it till it closed. They had been trying to get a loan from the bank for almost 2 years to do the place up but the banks as you all know werent given loans to anybody. So to put all you guys straight the business was owned right to the end by 3 lads but the property was owned by 1 of the oconnors and that person has set that property to day brake. Musgraves did not close them down infact they were trying to help them get finance to keep the ship afloat. So I say live & let live :rolleyes:

What is with people registering just for this??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I know - I think the O'Connor lads must gotten wind of this thread and decided to join in on the conversation :D

By the way, before anyone jumps on me - the lads are lovely and seemed to know my Dad so always said hello to me, asked me about college etc..(I used to get my breakfast rolls in there before the bus arrived years ago)

BUT....they were expensive

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Don't dig up old threads..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement