Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SWTOR: 2 months on, who's still playing

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

cancelled my subscription yesterday, had gone for a few weeks without any urge to play it. Enjoyed leveling when I first played and treated the game like a solo game with a nice story line, but once I was done I lost all interest in it.

From launch date of this game I never got any real incentive to join a group
    or play with others.

(Guild wars2 will cure what ails me)
    ~B

• Registered Users Posts: 15,246 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its not looking good, this patch better be amazing or its scary times for ToR

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

it is an amazing patch. its fixed nearly everything that was wrong with the game. fair play to them, they listened and did a lot of good things with this patch. The only problem is it might well be too late, people who were going to move on have moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Dustaz wrote: »
    it is an amazing patch. its fixed nearly everything that was wrong with the game. fair play to them, they listened and did a lot of good things with this patch. The only problem is it might well be too late, people who were going to move on have moved on.

I havent reviewed it recently, but I don't remember it doing much for open world pvp, which is why everyone i knew left.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

The best thing about the patch is all this legacy stuff and family trees imo. Distinguishes this game from other mmos. Hope they do something about low server populations soon though. If this problem isn't fixed in the next month or two, i'll be leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Dustaz wrote: »

Pretty much this, I still love the game and play most nights for a few hours with my guild but 1.2 may very well come too late to claw back all of those who left the game which is a shame because it does cover most of the bases missed with the launch version. There does need to be a bit more love given to Open RvR but I'm confident now with 1.2 that BioWare at least know where to look to improve the game.

Out of curiosity I gave a look back at WoW just to see what it would feel like, and I was amazed the different a lack of voicing and dialogue options makes to the game.

Is the Patch live? I havent been on in a week and theres been no official word

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's this week afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Im taking a break for a while, the low server pops are doing my nut in atm so for now i'll take a 6 month sabatical from TOR i'll come back at xmass and hopefully they'll have sorted out the server pops.

Im pretty happy with the game otherwise it really is quite a good game regardless of what other people say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

What server are you on mate? There's transfer options available to almost all the low pop ones.

• Advertisement

Yup, alot of servers are now reeming with life. its great to see.

Advertisement