Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I had my debit card stolen from my pocket in Tesco Roselawn a while back. Had just nipped down for some fish food of all things so grabbed my card as I had no cash. It was in my pocket in the bread aisle but gone by the time I went to pay. Got no help from the store.

I only shop in Roselawn as a last resort these days, I work in town so choose Tesco on the Navan Road which is an altogether more pleasant experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Another car went on fire on the blackcourt road between Corduff and Brookhaven.

Few kids or teenages got out of the car and it went up in flames, not sure if this was deliberate but major concience that this is the second car to go up in the last two weeks within walking distance of each other. Car was a nissan micra from what I could see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Deliberate from what I've read online alledgedly they watched it as it burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

January wrote: »
    Deliberate from what I've read online alledgedly they watched it as it burned.

Could have been as I seen the people who ran from it standing in the Corduff Park estate. Few wearing black hoodies but I was too far away to give a description.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jelenka

Just read about multiple stabbings in bramblefield, unconfirmed, but apparently a domestic.

• Advertisement

From Cllr David McGuinness FB page :

"Just getting word of a serious incident in Bramblefield Clonee Dublin 15. Journalist mentioned a multiple stabbing involving two people. They are in a serious condition apparently.

Ex Boyfriend stabbed his former girlfriend and her father and some others who tried to help apparently. I understand the persons has been arrested. Important to pass on info as people would be worrying whether this was random or a burglary etc. Really hope the people make a full recovery "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Wouldn't agree that this is important to propagate or spread around, but how and ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭daymobrew

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Wouldn't agree that this is important to propagate or spread around, but how and ever.
    Important to propagate the full story. Councillor McGuinness has already started spreading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I'm sure Cllr. McGuinness is very concerned about what happened and the welfare of those involved, and it's not just the latest in a sequence of him desperately trying to get his name out there on Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Lots of Garda activity on the Ongar Rd, chopper is out and high speed chases going on. Seen cars pulled over and checking boots.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

nikpmup wrote: »
    My mother had her bag lifted there a year or so ago. Taken out of the trolley while she was putting her stuff on the belt at the checkout. Security was useless, said they had no CCTV (even though there's a camera trained on each checkout to make sure the staff aren't pilfering from the till)

Am sure your mother knows this now but I would never leave my handbag in the trolley while I am distracted and moving back and forward unloading it. Robbery waiting to happen.

Re. the cctv. As you said it is trained on the till - it literally picks up the till, what is showing on the screen and the money drawer when it opens up, it would not pick up anything around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Lot of helicopter activity in Carpenterstown/Laurel Lodge , no idea what it's about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭horse7

Someone has been busy last night, all the vote no posters on auburn ave, have been painted over in red paint, and you would need a ladder or other item to get yourself up to that height, plus it is a very long road.

horse7 wrote: »
    Someone has been busy last night, all the vote no posters on auburn ave, have been painted over in red paint, and you would need a ladder or other item to get yourself up to that height, plus it is a very long road.

Same in Carpenterstown..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Somebody crashed into the neighbours car on saturday night around 1:30 - 2:00 am after dropping somebody off in Summerfield Rise only reason i know the rough time was they woke the baby shouting at each other for some reason.

Poor form as they drove off at speed and nobody has come forward leaving a good bit of damage to the driver side door that isnt going to be a cheap fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

horse7 wrote: »

Not that I condone vandalism, but driving to work this morning on the Diswellstown Rd it gladdened me to see the no posters painted over :) They personally offend and upset me.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

nikpmup wrote: »
    Not that I condone vandalism, but driving to work this morning on the Diswellstown Rd it gladdened me to see the no posters painted over :) They personally offend and upset me.

if someone painted over the YES poster would you have the same attitude... I am not getting into a debate over YES or NO but you should be equally offended regardless of which one is painted over. The word equality is used a lot around the whole debate which is a bit ironic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I agree fully with you about the signs exador, and also about not getting into it on this thread. any further chat about posters/referendum should be taken to the other thread on this forum, or one of the many other threads around boards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

<SNIP>.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

<SNIP>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Please read my post above #2660 - This is the Neighbourhood Watch thread, go find a SSM referendum thread if you want to discuss the ins and outs of the SSM referendum

Agreed, i thought it was obvious the post was about vandalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Yes but it's not vandalism in the sense that someone scrawled graffiti on the side of someone's house, which would be a neighbourhood watch issue, but vandalism towards a temporary poster that will be removed after the referendum anyway, which would not be a neighbourhood watch issue.

Rubbish,if it happens in my neighborhood, its a neighborhood watch issue.

Take note ,if you leave your car parked in park ave area ,around the green,it is liable to be keyed. It seems one of the residents is not happy with people parking there. (Hard to get parked near castleknock villege).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Keying a car is scummy thing to do. Should get on to the community Garda to have a word with the residences (association) about that.

I don't understand parking there though. In many years I've always got parking in the village, or Myos. Park Ave isn't even that near the village. I can't understand why anyone would park there to go to the village. Unless maybe they work in the village, maybe it parking for the school drop off or something.

Set up a camera in car. Catch the scumbag doing it.

Gardai informed, not really interested. Strangely printed note left on car, says car has been keyed and garda notified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Kinda makes no sense. Why key a strangers car, in a location where its not causing an obstruction unless...

Its not a strangers car...
    Its causing an obstruction...

You're inferring that there's a parking issue. Without saying what it is. No parking in the village doesn't really make a lot of sense. Parking in estates really only causes hassle if someone parks in someone else spot, (real or imaginary) or they use it a commuter car park. Nothing illegal about (unless its an obstruction) but always causes hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Talking to friends off Phibblestown Road, they were warned by their management company today about recent spate of house burglaries in that area, Hazlebury /Rosedale / Phibblestown House, pattern seems to be mid-morning. No vehicle or person descriptions unfortunately.

Advertisement