Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Yeah i think its new anyway. I was there a while back and there was no Jack ONeills bar :rolleyes:
    Maybe your confusing it with a place called the Thirsty Bull on the same site?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It was evacuated, the fire services were called, think maybe a small fire in the kitchen or someone tripped the alarm...

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

According to Tyrrelstown.net it was a college night out called a mystery tour and they all meet at the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Automan wrote: »
    According to Tyrrelstown.net it was a college night out called a mystery tour and they all meet at the pub.

Any decent women? ;)

Last night a silver taxi picked up a female friend of mine at the Greyhound Inn.

She was going to Carpenterstown.

The taxi drove her through back roads to Tallaght and in to an underground carpark. She managed to run across a field and thankfully to a security guard who contacted the guards. The driver made her throw her phone out of the car on the way.

The driver was not caught but ladies going home on their own should as always, have their wits about them.

A Lucky escape on this occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

can you give us a description of the driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Text the reg of the taxi to someone before getting in - make sure the driver knows you are doing it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Horrible to hear, Was it an official taxi or radio cab?

The guards are looking in to finding out the identification of the car, driver etc.

The driver was African but the warning and heads up applies generally.

The idea about txting someone the ID is not a bad idea at all.

oblivious wrote: »
    Horrible to hear, Was it an official taxi or radio cab?

Not too sure, but hopefully that can be established from the greyhound cameras. Perhaps other taxi drivers spotted the car outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

maybe edit your thread title to reflect what the incident was about. might be helpful for people to know you're talking about such a seriously incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

thanks for the heads up chuck, but thankfully i dont use taxi's at all. good thing you didn't post in after hours as you'd have to deal with all the do-gooders in there. T.B.H. the first thing that did come into my head was a foreign national.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

if a girl leaves her friends on her own to get a taxi, ask one of her mates to take a pic of the taxi, with both plates in it, and in clear view of the taxi man himself, just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Janey thats really scary. Ive yet to have any kind of a bad taxi driver experience *touch wood* but
    The idea about txting someone the ID is not a bad idea at all.
    is something i should keep in mind (if i remember :p) and if its legit, as these stories are becoming far too frequent. Hope your friend was ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Any proof OP? Otherwise your warning isn't worth the bytes it's encoded in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Jehuty42 wrote: »

Chuck is a fairly well known member of this forum and doesn't strike me as the type of poster who would make something like this up. The warning is worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Well, I don't know any women to pass this warning on to, so as a man I guess I'll just keep on worrying about my statistically much higher chance of getting physically assaulted at random instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

^ :rolleyes: ^

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Jehuty42 wrote: »

A friend of mine was telling me this (her daughter told her, as she was there)
    as the OP has stated that chuck is well know in D15 forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 somethingdude

Went over at 8.40pm. The doors were closed with a "we're closed" piece of paper stuck to the door. In the car park were Gardai cars. Lidl stays open till 9pm on weekdays. Always does. Never closes early. So 2 + 2 and all that...

Man, thats like the 4th time i've heard it was robbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Four times? wtf.

Now that I think of it, I can't ever remember seeing cctv in a lidl or aldi. Sometimes there's a security guy but that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭200yrolecrank

Slydice wrote: »
    Four times? wtf.

Now that I think of it, I can't ever remember seeing cctv in a lidl or aldi. Sometimes there's a security guy but that's about it.
    They've all got CCTV and two way mirrors at the till leading to the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Four times? wtf.

Not that it's particularly unusual but there was a helicopter flying around about quarter past seven in that general area, I was walking the dog in the hartstown park and saw it

Nolimits wrote: »
    Four times? wtf.

Not that it's particularly unusual but there was a helicopter flying around about quarter past seven in that general area, I was walking the dog in the hartstown park and saw it
    Garda helicopter as they have clearance to fly residential at night.
    Definitely they would have been scrambled for operational purposes,robbery,garda pursuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Definitely they would have been scrambled for operational purposes,robbery,garda pursuit.

Figured it was the Garda one but I couldn't see, it seems to be out a lot btw thats why I didn't think too much of it

Nolimits wrote: »

Figured it was the Garda one but I couldn't see, it seems to be out a lot btw thats why I didn't think too much of it
    Yepp
    Aircorp flying it and plenty of callouts in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Sure was, I was at the till ready to checkout when they came in, one with a hand gun second guy with a sword. Got money from 3 tills I think.

Worst thing about it was, they went straight to the employee that was 32 weeks pregnant, poor girl was in bits after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

dirty thieving b*stards. :(

i knew something was up, i was waiting at the lights coming from damastown ind. estate and there was a garda car going the other way and the next thing you know, he's spun around with his lights and siren blaring up the wrong side of the road and across the one way bridge in the wrong direction towards clonee. then i got over(under)taken by a garda 4x4 with lights etc. going very fast about 5 minutes later driving past Ongar.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Halve_ZOL

Oh my, thought I heard a helicopter fly over last night... My wife is on her way to the Lidl there now, will check with her if she noticed anything.

• Advertisement

glossy wrote: »
    A friend of mine was telling me this (her daughter told her, as she was there)
    as the OP has stated that chuck is well know in D15 forum.

Thank you.

It happened, make no mistake about it.

I am not trying to scapegoat anyone but simply giving the facts.

Mind you, what proof could I give? camera recording of the incident? Would you kop on.

Advertisement