Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First UK prosecutions for spitting in public!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Spitting is the most vile and disgusting thing in the world and imo completely unnecessary.

Loads of things are worse. Rape. Racist acts. Violent crime. Pooing on the street. Exposing yourself to kids and their grannies. Farting on a baby. Assaulting someone's fingernails. Forced cheese eating. And many more!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

hansfrei wrote: »
    Ban blowjobs too. They're worse. French kissing? Disgusting. We should all become robots.

Well you can't have oral sex in public, sure it's fun but it's against the mutha ****n law.
    You can spit all you like at home.
    My friends Mam used to make him spit into the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

should elderly people be exempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Scaldy shabby ignorant fookers spitting their vile cummy gob all over the shop. Fine the *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Loads of things are worse. Rape. Racist acts. Violent crime. Pooing on the street. Exposing yourself to kids and their grannies. Farting on a baby. Assaulting someone's fingernails. Forced cheese eating. And many more!

Of course there are. I didn't mean it imply otherwise.

But spitting is one of the worst things I encounter on a daily basis, right up there with people who leave bags of dog poo on walls or fences rather than carry them to a bin, and I think punishment is order.

It's not that hard to carry a tissue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Of course there are. I didn't mean it imply otherwise.

But spitting is one of the worst things I encounter on a daily basis, right up there with people who leave bags of dog poo on walls or fences rather than carry them to a bin, and I think punishment is order.

It's not that hard to carry a tissue.
    Have you seen the massive grollies that get hawked up? And you expect people to put them in their pockets? Eeuugh. That's why God invented grass verges.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I really hope this crosses the water.

Spitting is the most vile and disgusting thing in the world and imo completely unnecessary.

Have you ever gone distance running. After a while it's impossible to do anything but spit. Spitting has it's uses, otherwise humans wouldn't have evolved to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Have you ever gone distance running. After a while it's impossible to do anything but spit. Spitting has it's uses, otherwise humans wouldn't have evolved to do it.

We obviously have a lot of long distance runners roaming the streets.

It would explain the tracksuits I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

I love spitting! I'm a "spit spotter" there's a group of us that go around taking pics of hocks on the ground & we mark them for thickness, size & colour,
    have even scraped a few up & brought them to group meetings to show the wondrous beauty of our finds.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

oh god, there is even a picture of the offending spit on the ground in the article. Cannot finish my porridge now, feel so sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Have you seen the massive grollies that get hawked up? And you expect people to put them in their pockets? Eeuugh. That's why God invented grass verges.

Pockets, sleeves, bins, anywhere but on the ground.

What uses?

I don't give a **** what you do, as long as you don't spit phlegm all over the place.

You know what happens when you swallow?

It gets spread all over your trachea and oesophagus.

Then you breath it in and get a chest infection that you don't lose for 6 weeks.

A few winters of get cold>swallow phlegm>get chest infections and your looking at athsma, decreased lung capacity, and you'll still be hocking it up like a smoker.

If you can, find a bathroom to cough & spit into.

If you can't find a bathroom, get a tissue and bin it after.

If you can't find a tissue, find a drain.

Can't find a drain, make sure you're spitting somewhere no one will see it on the ground, will be walking on it & no one's seeing you do it.

If all the above are not options, ****then****, you can swallow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

You know what happens when you swallow?

It gets spread all over your trachea and oesophagus.

Then you breath it in and get a chest infection that you don't lose for 6 weeks.

A few winters of get cold>swallow phlegm>get chest infections and your looking at athsma, decreased lung capacity, and you'll still be hocking it up like a smoker.

If you can, find a bathroom to cough & spit into.

If you can't find a bathroom, get a tissue and bin it after.

If you can't find a tissue, find a drain.

Can't find a drain, make sure you're spitting somewhere no one's will see it, will be walking on it & no one's seeing you do it.

If all the above are not options, ****then****, you can swallow.

You are talking about phlegm, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Mrs Thomas, originally from St Lucia in the West Indies, said the teenager was ‘a good child’ but was currently in Feltham Prison and Young Offenders’ Institution awaiting sentencing for robbery.

4kYDyr5.jpg

edit:what's with the images

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Don't be daft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

At the risk of sounding like a bit of a snob, I find that those who spit in public are almost always the same... type of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

You obviously don't smoke 20 ciggies a day so.

Let's ban ciggies too like I think their doing in Iceland soon.

And we can ban music as it's too loud.

And smiling, let's ban that too, it's simply just not fair on sad people to see other people smile.

EXCELLENT!!!

Advertisement