Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Agents & Free Agency

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Are the Eagles switching to a 4-3? He's a great player but is far better in a 4-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

glued wrote: »
    Are the Eagles switching to a 4-3? He's a great player but is far better in a 4-3.

Yup Jim Schwartz said itl be 4-3 in very excited about cox and curry in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

With the be jump in the cap I expect most of the top line FAs will be off the market very soon.

The Broncos probably have more top players hitting FA than most teams yet I expect most of the players to be re-signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

With the be jump in the cap I expect most of the top line FAs will be off the market very soon.

The Broncos probably have more top players hitting FA than most teams yet I expect most of the players to be re-signed.

Being a Bears fan and the Fox connection which ones do you see leaving?

Obviously Miller is going to get a whopping contract, but I assume that will be largely offset by Manning's retirement. But they still need to sign Osweiler and then there is Marhsall (restricted FA), Trevathan and Jackson.

Interested in your thoughts.

History shows that paying slightly above average players as superstars is how to get into cap hell and this is likely in both Jackson's & Trevathan cases (if they hit FA).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

49ers Free Agents

Alex Boone - Guard - Likely to hit FA
    Phil Dawson - Kicker- Retire?
    Reggie Bush - RB - FA
    Ian Williams - DT - Resgign hopefully
    Garrett Celek - TE - Resign
    Michael Wilhoite - ILB - Resign maybe

The rest are mainly backups etc:

Shaun Draughn
    Tony Jerod-Eddie
    Ray-Ray Armstrong
    Andrew Turzilli
    Jordan Devey

Obviously Kaepernick is a big question, due $11M in 2016, 49ers could afford it but he can be cut without penalty prior to April 1st and I think this is quite a likely resolution to the whole thing. I don't see him taking a paycut, just depends how much Chip Kelly likes him.

Personally I think his short throw accuracy is not good enough for the Kelly system but who knows what will happen.

49ers currently have $53m in cap space for 2016 based off a $162m cap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

kennyb3 wrote: »
    May as well start a thread

Vinny Curry off the market

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000631597/article/vinny-curry-agrees-to-5year-4725m-deal-with-eagles

5yr/$47.25m ($23m guaranteed)

Eagles are handing out some pretty sizeable contracts at the moment. Zach Ertz & Brent Celek both got big deals last week as did Lane Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A large amount of players hitting free agency from the Ravens, though unlike most years there's not too many I'm pushed on keeping.

Tucker will be tagged if not signed, Aiken will be another priority. Osemele would be a huge, huge keep but it's hard to see him not getting a better deal elsewhere and I reckon he'll be off. As for the rest - meh, though it'd be nice to keep long snapper Morgan Cox who is a great guy and arguably the best in the business.

As always, if you're a Ravens fan there's no point in even looking at the free agency list as the Ravens won't be doing anything unless they can pick up a decent cap casualty or a free agent that they deem to be a bargain. That's not a bad thing as our system of getting compensatory picks has worked almost perfectly.

Now if only Denver's fax machine was to break again and we could scoop up Von Miller.......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Eagles are handing out some pretty sizeable contracts at the moment. Zach Ertz & Brent Celek both got big deals last week as did Lane Johnson.

and they are trying to sort out fletcher cox at the mo that could be a real monster deal

Being a Bears fan and the Fox connection which ones do you see leaving?

Obviously Miller is going to get a whopping contract, but I assume that will be largely offset by Manning's retirement. But they still need to sign Osweiler and then there is Marhsall (restricted FA), Trevathan and Jackson.

Interested in your thoughts.

History shows that paying slightly above average players as superstars is how to get into cap hell and this is likely in both Jackson's & Trevathan cases (if they hit FA).

The most likely to leave is Trevathan (Marshall is going nowhere as a RFA) and he has already been touted as heading to Chicago.

I expect that Jackson will leave although the Broncos will make a pitch to keep him - he will get a bumper contract (and probably more than he is worth). The Broncos priority was Wolfe and he has already signed the extension.

By the way - I don't think its a foregone conclusion the Broncos re-sign Osweiler. Elway will not overpay. Osweiler still has issues - issues that might be corrected by game time - but there could be some daft GM desperate for a QB who will way overpay for Osweiler. I suspect that Elway is looking at options and there have been rumours that he is looking at the possibility of Matt Stafford.

Paully D wrote: »
    Now if only Denver's fax machine was to break again and we could scoop up Von Miller.......:pac:

Won't happen - if there is any hitch Miller will be tagged - he's going nowhere. :cool:

And Dumervil was an idiot - he lost €millions by the antics with the fax.

Broncos FA that I don't expect to be re-signed

Vernon Davis
    Evan Mathis
    Ryan Harris
    Tyler Polumbus
    Kyle Williams
    Shiloh Keo
    Josh Bush
    Omar Bolden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Thanks for the thoughts JRG.

I was very interested to see the priority was tying up Wolfe, so although Jackson is a very good player, young and ascending that tells it's own story. So when an average team pays him like a star and get average/slightly above average production from him (given he won't have Miller, Ware, Wolfe et al next to him) I think they'll end up disappointed.

Definitely seems Trevathan is fifth in line to get paid after

Von Miller
    Marshall
    Osweiler
    Jackson

It will be interesting to see what the Jackson and Treathan markets are - some teams are going to get carried away with the cap shooting up.

It will be interesting to see what the Jackson and Treathan markets are - some teams are going to get carried away with the cap shooting up.

The rumours are that Jackson's agent is talking numbers like 5 years $12million a year with $30million guaranteed

Wolfe (who is a better player) signed a 4 year deal worth $9million a year with $17million guaranteed. It is acknowledged that there was a hometown discount with Wolfe who wanted to stay in Denver.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Packers free agents
    Mike Neal - OLB - $4,000,000
    Letroy Guion - DT - $2,750,000
    BJ Raji - DT - $2,750,000
    Sean Richardson - S - $2,550,000
    Mason Crosby - K - $2,450,000
    Nick Perry - OLB - $1,874,813
    James Starks - RB - $1,625,000
    Don Barclay - RT - $1,542,000
    Andrew Quarless - TE - $1,500,000
    Scott Tolzien - QB - $1,350,000
    Brett Goode - LS - $905,000
    John Kuhn - FB - $895,000
    James Jones - WR - $870,000
    Casey Hayward - CB - $827,478
    Chris Banjo - S - $585,000
    Justin Perillo - TE - $510,000
    Lane Taylor - G - $497,333
    Andy Mulumba - OLB - $496,667

Mike Neal, Hayward, Banjo, Raji, Kuhn, Crosby and Perry all to get resigned id say

Mike Daniels got resigned during the year and that will be the biggest outlay this year!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well, Off season is here...

Franchise Tags - Who do you think will get franchised?

I'm assuming Von Miller will get Denver's tag.

Franchise tag can be applied between Feb 16th and March 1st.

Free Agency then starts on March 9th.

Draft will be April 28th-30th.

Then for a long time nothing will happen, nothing at all.

Well, Off season is here...

Franchise tag can be applied between Feb 16th and March 1st.

Free Agency then starts on March 9th.

Draft will be April 28th-30th.

Then for a long time nothing will happen, nothing at all.

adrian522 wrote: »
    You better believe it - Miller is going nowhere (and never was) and will get paid.

The Broncos will lose Trevathan and Jackson - but I expect Ware to come back - he seems to be enjoying himself playing for Wade.

What about Brock Bsweiler? Free Agency?

What about Brock Bsweiler? Free Agency?

The Broncos would like to keep him but Elway will not overpay - some team might be daft enough to throw way too much money at him.

The Broncos staff are high on Trevor Siemian - the view him as having a similar skill set as Osweiler but smarter - what he lacks is having four years behind Manning. There have also been rumours that the Broncos might make a play for Matt Stafford if he is available.

As an interesting aside - the SB win will actually cost Denver an extra $5million in bonuses to Manning which will impact somewhat on the cap space they have available.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Been really impressed by Jackson. That dude is getting paid.

Alshon Jeffery looks a cert for the tag before a deal is worked out.

Has there been any talk about what Stafford would cost? It seems pretty unrealistic.

I would imagine a couple of firsts before the Lions even blink and then there’s a decent salary to account for.

• Advertisement

Is Forte hitting FA then?

Almost certainly.

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Has there been any talk about what Stafford would cost? It seems pretty unrealistic.

I would imagine a couple of firsts before the Lions even blink and then there’s a decent salary to account for.

There is talk of the Lions cutting Stafford - apparently the only reason they are hesitating is the dead cap hit.

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Been really impressed by Jackson. That dude is getting paid.
    Someone asked Jackson a couple of weeks ago if he'd like to win the lotto and he replied 'I don't need the lotto'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Saints release G Jahri Evans

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Justin Tucker for my Ravens if anyone.

Eagles released Riley Cooper as well I think.

Josh Norman and Mo Wilkerson look the other obvious contenders.

There are other guys who I'm sure teams would like another year to analyse but just not worthy of the huge tag (Cousins, Gipson and Sean Smith)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Eagles released Riley Cooper as well I think.

This and the Shady news have put a big smile on my face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is Forte hitting FA then?

For about as long as it takes to sign a contract with NE. Saddling up with Megatron for a shot at glory :pac:

Advertisement