Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA Regular Season 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Your doing it wrong Lin!

internet-memes-that-bump.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

Trolling Kobe.

Can he get much more lovable.

MVP innit.

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2011-12/index.html

10 and climbing!

Yes him clearly reaching out to Kobe is trolling :rolleyes:

If Lin of the Greatest initiated the reach out then Kobe is the fail.

LolKobe.

You do know that every player acknowledges each other before the game...generally a huge or fist pump right?

• Advertisement

A huge what?

Aww so close to another double-double for Lin!

Setting NBA records on the TO's front!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ESPN headline which has since been taken down:

420879_10150582062823500_632163499_9206005_1814312787_n.jpg

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Watched 3 quarters last night, Lin did not play well and was way too sloppy with the ball... The Hornets did a good job on him and utulised trapping very well. Hopefully Anthony will be back on for Sunday's game, although he is a ball hog, I think the knicks need his scoring presence... Also guys the game tips off at 6 pm our time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

buyer95 wrote: »
    Watched 3 quarters last night, Lin did not play well and was way too sloppy with the ball... The Hornets did a good job on him and utulised trapping very well. Hopefully Anthony will be back on for Sunday's game, although he is a ball hog, I think the knicks need his scoring presence... Also guys the game tips off at 6 pm our time!

Any idea if an Irish channel will be showing it? ESPN only seem to show CBB and not NBA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Dallas at New York now, first time I am going to sit down and watch a full game of Lins. Should be a good game anyway, Dirk is starting to hit form now and New York seem to have found some sort of identity, they have some serious players in the likes of Stoudemire, Carmelo, Chandler (Lin :p) and now JR Smith.

Dallas are still very good defensively even without Chandler and I am sure Kidd is not going to give Lin an easy day at the office.

Looks like Marion on Lin straight away, interesting.

is this real?

Being a Knicks 'fan' isn't supposed to have this excitement.

Lets goooooooo.

JR from China with love.

Paully D wrote: »
    ESPN headline which has since been taken down

:eek:

ESPN has fired the person responsible and another employee suspended for 30 days for using the phrase!

The half-time talker on NBA life sounds like he's about to commit suicide. He's so monotone he makes Brian Cowen sound exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Any streams? Can't justify the price of NBA TV. Also dying to watch Magic/Heat (though I probably shouldn't be, don't fancy Magic's chances...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

leggo wrote: »
    Any streams? Can't justify the price of NBA TV. Also dying to watch Magic/Heat (though I probably shouldn't be, don't fancy Magic's chances...)

Is the Magic/Heat game 01:30 Irish time?

Cheers lads!
    killwill wrote: »
    Is the Magic/Heat game 01:30 Irish time?

No, it's 8.30pm our time. After Dallas/NY. Made the same mistake myself!

Serious amount of calls going in favour of the Knicks!

• Advertisement

You can't deny Lin's class for much longer after that though. Those constant 3's and assists at the end did it for them. And this was against the Mavs who are approaching their best against after the early season slouch. Great to watch.

One of the greatest NBA stories.

Just not real.

They're gonna win a Playoff game!

Constant 3's?! He had 3 in the game and 2 in the 4th...that's not constant! Yeah he did well with 6 assists in the 4th , but 7 TO's is too much, especially with 6 in the 2nd half!

They guy is carrying 80% of the possession for the team, playing 40 minutes night after night and is getting double teamed hard. They are relying on him to make the plays and create the opportunities, he's doing it and they are winning as a result. In that situation, there will be TOs, though I'm sure he'll improve on them as time goes on.

I guess it doesn't matter what it is, there will always be naysayers.

No, there will be realists!

He's the PG...it's his job to carry the possession so it doesn't make him any different to other PG's! If others had as many To's they would be getting crucified, but it's being over looked completely here so the story can keep getting hyped!

Yeah it's a great story, but it's not like he's some Rookie straight out of High School/College...he's been around the league for over a year!

If he is still performing like this on a months time then that'll be different, as of now it's only been two weeks!

I didn't mean constant 3's alone, I said constant 3's and assists. He was firing on all cylinders when it counted. Regardless of where he'll be in a month, regardless of his TO's, that's what he's done now in 8 of 9 games...often against quality opposition. All with little to no big game experience. Rejuvenating one of the NBA's biggest franchises during a lull in their history. In front of the toughest crowd in the league.

This isn't ignoring stats to make a better story, the above IS the story. If you choose to focus only on the negatives then you're missing the entire point. But, with stories like this, there will always be those who take the 'other' side no matter what. And you're perfectly entitled to do so, I suppose.

If it all goes to ****, that's another story for another day. It doesn't take away from what he's done, which is remarkable and unprecedented.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

King 2 assists away from a triple-double

Thank christ D Rose is back tonight. It would be great if we could actually get our 5 starters on the floor consistently.

Hope they haven't rushed him back....have to think of the long term!

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Hope they haven't rushed him back....have to think of the long term!

Very true. I do think he's fit though, it's not like Thibs to rush players back in fairness to him.

Advertisement