Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1/2 Price Philips Airfryer in Argos

Options
  • 29-11-2011 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭

I bought one of these Philips Airfryers on an Amazon Black Friday deal for £120.99

Imagine my surprise to see them reduced to 1/2 price in Argos for €129.99. Looks like a great price.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4237415.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 citroman

€129.99 But that's the same price that Powercity have been charging?

I've been looking at these recently, but have decided to go for the Tefal equivalent.

I never trust the Argus RRP quoted in their adverts.

Citroman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

It's tangentially related, but I felt I had to add that I've been very impressed by the heat resistance plastic mesh I bought in Aldi a few weeks ago. I got a flat one, and later they were selling cupped ones for chips. I've put chips on the flat one too and it's great. Because they get heat from the bottom too (well in a fan oven, have not tried a regular) you don't need to turn them. Just in the oven for 20 mins, and the chip/onion rings just slide off. It's sort of a very poor man's air fryer!

ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

citroman wrote: »
    €129.99 But that's the same price that Powercity have been charging?

I've been looking at these recently, but have decided to go for the Tefal equivalent.

I never trust the Argus RRP quoted in their adverts.

Citroman

Power City are €129.95 so 4 cents cheaper than Argos. Now that's a bargain :o

Re this v's the Tefal version, have been thinking of buying one of these for ages but the Tefal seems to get very bad reviews, mostly for the same reasons. Do your research first. Sis in law bought a Philips one a year ago and paid over €200 !!!! Lovely chips but not worth that.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Got in from Amazon for £116.98 (so a shade more expensive than this deal) back in May. The chips are indeed lovely :) No oil needed at all for most things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

If you go to Power City and haggle then you can get most things for another 10-15 eyro cheaper than what the actual price tag says.

Haggle hard and fast and flash the cash and they will give you a deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Argos emailed today a voucher for €10 off any Purchase so that would make it similar to the Amazon price.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

ixtlan wrote: »
    It's tangentially related, but I felt I had to add that I've been very impressed by the heat resistance plastic mesh I bought in Aldi a few weeks ago. I got a flat one, and later they were selling cupped ones for chips. I've put chips on the flat one too and it's great. Because they get heat from the bottom too (well in a fan oven, have not tried a regular) you don't need to turn them. Just in the oven for 20 mins, and the chip/onion rings just slide off. It's sort of a very poor man's air fryer!

ix.

Do you then put a tray or foil below it to catch oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

ixtlan wrote: »

ix.

Would second that, I've been using mine for over a year now (bought one for the mother in law last time they were on sale too). Super job for oven chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Would second that, I've been using mine for over a year now (bought one for the mother in law last time they were on sale too). Super job for oven chips.

Frozen oven chips, or home made chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Just bought one of these, same job for a fraction of the price! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I was looking a the Phillips airfryer the other day and it looked like you'd need to pile the chips on top of each other if you wanted to cook family sized amounts. I'd be a bit concerned that this would result in sogginess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

mytime wrote: »
    Do you then put a tray or foil below it to catch oil?

Yes indeed. The tray you normally would put the chips in. And yes these would be oven chips, or onion rings, or I'm sure other things.

Ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

biebiebie wrote: »
    Frozen oven chips, or home made chips?
    frozen oven chips.

Normally Dunnes best or finest or something like that crinkle cut chips - the best i've come across. €2.00 for a family sized bag at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

Does that not defeat the purpose as there soaked in oil already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

Media999 wrote: »
    Does that not defeat the purpose as there soaked in oil already?

You can if you wish chop up your own chips from potatoes and add only 1 spoon of oil of your choice it could be olive oil for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 xfahmix

Tefal ActiFry FZ700215 Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, Black
    GBP120 / roughly around EUR145 with free delivery by amazon. €165 in Argos.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004I29APM/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Advertisement