Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weird xbox live problem...

• 25-07-2012 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭

To make a long story short.

A few months ago I had money on my 3v card. My xbox live subscribtion was expired and saw an offer on live MS was offering. 3 months for €7.99. Grand I bought it using the 3v.

Just realised my xbox live should of ended two weeks ago. but its still there. So i bought a pre-paid 3 month live card from gamestop. problem is i cant redeem it. It just says error. Just logged into 3v.ie and MS are trying to take money from my old 3v voucher and its being declined...

So... what do I do?
    Ring up MS customer care?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It takes a month and many phone calls to remove a CC. So in that time it'll just keep trying to charge your 3V.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Call this number :
    1 800 509 186

Ask to cancel and then redeem your code.
    Should take around five minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thanks for getting back lads :)

I honestly cant remember if, when signing up to xbox live, that I was asked for name and address (see most of the time i never give out my real name / address over the net. pet habit i guess)

So I am wondering now if i ring up and they ask for my xbox live gamertag will they ask for what name is associated with that :o ?... or since that I used my 3v card (which of course is my real details) that my actual name and address are now associated with my gamertag?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

They'll ask for the name and address associated with your xbox account. You should be able to sign in on xbox.com and check your account details there for any questions you'll be asked.

Advertisement