Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cyber bullying

Options
  • 08-11-2013 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Cyber bullying seems to be such a growing problem. According to a recent newspaper article at least five teen suicides in the past year in Ireland have been attributed to online bullying. This video - less than two minutes - is from a bunch of teens on a film course I was working on in County Meath. They decided on the topic and they shot the whole thing themselves. I think it could really do a lot to help raise awareness of the topic.
    http://vimeo.com/78488711
    We talked about bullying and one thing that struck me was that they would only tell someone if they thought that person wouldn't tell anyone. There seems to be a stigma to being a victim of bullying aside from the horror of the bullying itself.

Advertisement