Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phone slow after root/custom ROM

• 24-05-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

So I rooted my Android phone (HTC One V) last week and installed a custom ROM (Cyanogenmod 10 - android 4.1.2). Everything works fine, that is until i am connected to the internet (Wi-fi and 3G). The device reallly slows down - the browser takes forever to open, the same with apps like facebook. It just freezes and takes a couple of minutes before i can get back to the home screen.

Any ideas why this may happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Post in the relevant thread on XDA, users of the same rom are much more likely to know why.

It looks like there is no official CM for that device, is it the PrimoU port?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Yeah it is the PrimoU. I got it through XDA in the phones forum.

Cheers, Ill have an ask over there

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its discontinued so hopefully there is still a community using it.

Did you wipe /data before you installed it? Sometimes not doing so will cause hiccups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Yeah i did the whole system wipe - factory reset and cache

Advertisement