Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Kiera wrote: »
    Lying naked like a starfish on my king size bed just cause of jäger bombs and I can :D

Just to keep this little gem safe before sober you tampers with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Lying naked like a starfish on my king size bed just cause of jäger bombs and I can :D

Just to keep this little gem safe before sober you tampers with it!
    You fecker!!!

Ah fcuk it. This thread needs a dose of Kiera :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thanks girls. I just feel really guilty for feeling upset and thinking about myself when a man has just died. I should be feeling lucky that I didn't suffer (which I am!) not feeling sorry for myself.

Kiera: I had a cancerous lump in my salivary gland. Found it at about 12, got it looked about two years later and I had two surgeries to remove it at 15 (and eleven twelfths according to the sign I had! :-D) and 16, the second of which caused temporary facial paralysis for about 6 months/a year (a bit permanently in my eye). Luckily that was the only treatment needed as they decided against radiotherapy at the last minute. Now it's all about the yearly check ups!

I just spent the last couple of hours doing some long overdue tidying of my room which helped me distract myself a little. It's amazing how much work I can do at this time of the morning. I've always been the same with essays and stuff like that too. I just wish I could do it during the daytime hours...

MCR you're my hero, chick x

I was given my last rites 3 times as a kid. And after my dad dying suddenly and my sis from cancer I just have a "live life each day" attitude. Have done since I was 15 after dad passed. I don't do relationships with guys due to this.

Don't live by my rules but enjoy everyday and don't sweat the small stuff, chick x x

That's just the drink talking :-P

I am defo not a hero. I was lucky, I know that. I could have had to go through so much worse than I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Uch I've been in a lousy mood since yesterday :( Have not been sleeping well either, which does not help.

Back to college tomorrow for a new semester so hopefully being busy will keep my mind occupied. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭flowerchild

My little five year old missed his step and slipped down the side of a train this morning.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My little five year old missed his step and slipped down the side of a train this morning.

What?

Is he ok?!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭flowerchild

Das Kitty wrote: »
    What?

Is he ok?!

Yes, his father reached down and hauled him up again (neither of them were watching carefully enough as they stepped together on to the train) but I think my heart stopped, briefly. I was walking behind holding the hand of his brother and saw the whole thing.

It happened so quickly ...

Yes, his father reached down and hauled him up again (neither of them were watching carefully enough as they stepped together on to the train) but I think my heart stopped, briefly. I was walking behind holding the hand of his brother and saw the whole thing.

It happened so quickly ...

Jesus I'm so glad everyone's okay.

I have a mortal fear of trains. This thread is doing nothing for my nerves in the past couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

MCR I think it's amazing how you went through all that at such a young age and came out fighting. Glad you're okay xx

Kiera, I love your live for today attitude. You're just deadly chick!

Flowerchild, glad your son is okay, that must have been terrifing x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Even reading the last page of this thread has reminded me that I love the TLL ladies, ye always find a way to make me laugh, or inspire me!

Today study will be done, unlike last night. Has to happen....

• Administrators Posts: 53,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »

:pac:

Ah, drunken posts. Quality. :)
    Ah fcuk off you. Going to bed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I can't decide between the Samsung Galaxy Note or the Galaxy S3... Size of the Note doesn't bother me
    Really? The note is just so big. I have a HTC one x and it's on the large size. It barely fits into some pockets so I couldn't imagine lugging around the note. Saying that the other half wants a note too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Roesy wrote: »
    Really? The note is just so big. I have a HTC one x and it's on the large size. It barely fits into some pockets so I couldn't imagine lugging around the note. Saying that the other half wants a note too.

I never keep my phone in my pocket so that wouldn't be a problem. I tend to use the extra features of my phone when travelling for work so it'd suit me to have something bigger. In saying that though the S3 is supposed to be a great phone.

Just rewatched The Princess and the Frog.

So much love.

It has everything. It's gorgeous, it's got fantastic songs, a great story, heart, and girl best friends without jealousy.

Everyone should see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I never keep my phone in my pocket so that wouldn't be a problem. I tend to use the extra features of my phone when travelling for work so it'd suit me to have something bigger. In saying that though the S3 is supposed to be a great phone.

Was laughing the day I realised the phone wouldn't fit into my pocket. I was giving out about it when my boyfriend correctly pointed out I rarely keep anything in my pockets and that seeing as I mostly wear dresses that don't have pockets that it wasn't really an issue. I had just lost my iPhone to a watery grave and was looking for reasons to hate on my new, massive, non apple phone:D
    Heard the S3 is supposed to very good alright.

Love lazy bank holiday Monday's. Just had lovely blueberry pancakes. Yum! Have my first wedding dress fitting next week. Hope it still fits!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

23 and my mum still buys me chocolate treats :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Roesy wrote: »
    Was laughing the day I realised the phone wouldn't fit into my pocket. I was giving out about it when my boyfriend correctly pointed out I rarely keep anything in my pockets and that seeing as I mostly wear dresses that don't have pockets that it wasn't really an issue. I had just lost my iPhone to a watery grave and was looking for reasons to hate on my new, massive, non apple phone:D
    Heard the S3 is supposed to very good alright.

Love lazy bank holiday Monday's. Just had lovely blueberry pancakes. Yum! Have my first wedding dress fitting next week. Hope it still fits!

iPhone in a bowl of rice usually does the trick for people if it's wet/gets moisture on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Snooker finals today, which means lots of drinks! I don't mind who wins but leaning more towards Ali Carter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Flowerchild I'm glad to hear you little boy is okay, that must have been so scary!

Beks did you find out anything more about that man? I never really realised how dangerous trains can be, and I use them a lot with my girl. Really hit home how much I take my safety for granted!

:( coz the little lady is dying of a cold and miserable because of it

:o because I have made breakfast for the whole house, done two loads of washing, emptied and cleared out the fridge and presses and re-organised them, prepared a fruit crumble for the oven later, and cleaned down the kitchen but I havn't done a tap of study for my exams starting on Monday. Master Procrastinator :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Beks something very similar happened when I was living in Toronto, another time a guy left a rucksack on a train and bolted just before the doors closed, they can be scary scary places. Has there been anything on the local news about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Vinta81 wrote: »
    23 and my mum still buys me chocolate treats :o

28 and my mum still buys me treats as well :o I'll be the size of a house by the time I'm finished my exams on Thursday thanks to her, she's been feeding my chocolate addiction for the last month while I've studied & she upped the amount of chocolate last week when the exams started!

Diet starts next Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Lola92 wrote: »

:o because I have made breakfast for the whole house, done two loads of washing, emptied and cleared out the fridge and presses and re-organised them, prepared a fruit crumble for the oven later, and cleaned down the kitchen but I havn't done a tap of study for my exams starting on Monday. Master Procrastinator :o

Same here. Husband is still in the hospital but the house has never been cleaner!!
    I'm driving the kids mad asking them every few hours if they have any washing I can do:D
    Anything to avoid sitting down and preparing answers. I've gotten a fair bit done and so only have 2 left to complete with exams on Thursday and Friday but god, it's so hard to sit down and focus:(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Left my window open in my room to get some air into the place. Go downstairs for a while and come back up to my room and find some cat just sitting on my window cill. Him staring at me, me staring at him...

Bold as bloody brass I tells ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Free cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Free cat!

I tried to take a picture but he ran away. Besides cats are shítebags.

"Oh look at me, I'm a cat. Work for my affection. Oh and pet me... Pet me. Oh I don't like the way you're petting me." *scratch scratch*

Bastards.

I was given my last rites 3 times as a kid. And after my dad dying suddenly and my sis from cancer I just have a "live life each day" attitude. Have done since I was 15 after dad passed. I don't do relationships with guys due to this.

Don't live by my rules but enjoy everyday and don't sweat the small stuff, chick x x

Sorry Kiera, I missed your edit last night.

I try to have the same attitude. I've always believed that everything happens for a reason (not in some spiritual way, just that once it happens it happens) and that you can only learn from it and let it make you stronger. Recently though I've just been in a bad place and I'm starting to forget that. Thanks for reminding me of it though. I needed that :)

• Advertisement

Sorry Kiera, I missed your edit last night.

I try to have the same attitude. I've always believed that everything happens for a reason (not in some spiritual way, just that once it happens it happens) and that you can only learn from it and let it make you stronger. Recently though I've just been in a bad place and I'm starting to forget that. Thanks for reminding me of it though. I needed that :)
    MCR, can you really get in a worse than me right now?!

I think someone swapped my brain with a baboons right about now :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement