Connemarathon 1/4/2012 - Page 41 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-04-2012, 12:10   #601
Marthastew

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorchick View Post
KC - I have heard that the sole reason for some people doing the ultra is to get a finish line picture - but i do question their sanity sometimes
The photo was definitely the reason I signed up for the Ultra and you didn't dissappoint docchick, thanks
I've already uploaded my photo to Bragbook Facebook for some more adulation but I think most of my friends are now unfriending me....
Advertisement
06-04-2012, 12:31   #602
TFBubendorfer

Indeed, these are brilliant photos! Thank you!
06-04-2012, 12:39   #603
Foxx92

That's another new event checked off, my first marathon finished. Really enjoyed the whole day, from meeting people before the start, on the course and afterwards. The whole organization of the day was great and everyone had a smile on their face the whole day! In terms of the race, found the last 5 miles quite rough, probably down to the fact that my preparation was lacking any real hill training. Still very much enjoyed the whole day though, even though my first marathon was on a really difficult course, it hasn't put me off the distance, already planning to do Dublin!
06-04-2012, 21:52   #604
NoGutsNoGlory

doctordick... great to have a finish line pic.. thanks
(2) thanks from:
08-04-2012, 17:59   #605
claralara
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorchick View Post
OK, after wading through 1100 Ultra photos I have a gallery of 177 pictures of ultra finishers. Apologies to those I missed, it got busy at some points and a lot of people came across together, also I ran out of memory cards (rookie mistake I know - but I had shot 17Gb of pictures) after about 7h30m.

Enjoy

Iain

P.S. Pleae feel free to post them to facebook profiles/blogs etc but please let me know if you plan to sell them

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5151292...7629745912301/
Thanks a mil Iain - great photos! As per our discussions on flickr, I've already shared mine on FB to show off to anyone willing to look!

Hope everyone is recovering well. I had a very lazy week. Did 3 easy miles on Friday and the legs felt good. Went out for 5 yesterday and took off like a brat to try out a new pair of runners - ended up running an average of 7:26...oops. Can't imagine that would be prescribed recovery pace for me. Taking today off as penance!!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-04-2012, 00:36   #606
muskyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by claralara View Post
Thanks a mil Iain - great photos! As per our discussions on flickr, I've already shared mine on FB to show off to anyone willing to look!

Hope everyone is recovering well. I had a very lazy week. Did 3 easy miles on Friday and the legs felt good. Went out for 5 yesterday and took off like a brat to try out a new pair of runners - ended up running an average of 7:26...oops. Can't imagine that would be prescribed recovery pace for me. Taking today off as penance!!
thanks for making me feel better for awarding myself a week off after completing the half. know i'll have to get back into it this week though.
02-11-2012, 10:39   #607
johnsherwin

Hi, will this thread be used for Connemarathon 2013 or will a new one be setup? Training at the moment for Ultra and would be great to chat to others doing the same? I have posted my own thread at https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2056796169 but probably better to use an official one
02-11-2012, 10:43   #608
RayCun

Start a new thread with a link back to this one
02-11-2012, 11:38   #609
johnsherwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayCun View Post
Start a new thread with a link back to this one
Hi RayCun, thanks for that, I have started a new thread for Connemarathon 2013.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion