Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converse UK 5.5 > US ??

• 27-12-2011 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am going to get some converse delivered to my sister in america as the US website does half sizes in them.

I'm confused with the sizes, the website gives an option to choose in UK sizes, but when I pick all star light in uk 5.5 it says that is us women size 8, but I thought that was a uk 6? (the standard seem to have same sizes as UK)

Can anyone clarify this please as am ordering a few pairs and want to make sure I'm right. Should I order 7.5 or 8?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

IMG_0122.jpg

I went to my stockroom to double check. A women's Converse UK 6 is a US 8. In the women's sizes you add 2 to the UK size to get the US size.

I would advise you to get your sister to find out her correct size before ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Thanks very much for checking. The shoes are actually for myself, getting them sent to my sister as she lives in the US and they don't do half sizes here, so if they're wrong they can't be returned.,

Would I be safe with 7.5?

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Thanks very much for checking. The shoes are actually for myself, getting them sent to my sister as she lives in the US and they don't do half sizes here, so if they're wrong they can't be returned.,

Would I be safe with 7.5?

I have heard customers say before that Converse are generously sized but I won't advise that you buy them without trying them on. If it's possible, go into a shop and try a 5 and a 6 (half sizes aren't generally available in the UK & Ireland) and see how they fit.

I have done, and know that I would be a uk size 5.5 in converse (am generally a 6 but as you said they are big sized).

My only question is, do I order a 7.5 us as a 5uk is a 7 us and a 6 uk is an 8 us, or a 8 us as when I put size 5.5uk into the converse site it comes back with 8us as the matching size (if that makes sense)

But a uk 5.5 would definitely be my converse size

Ordering the US 8 would be the more sensible choice as you're normally a UK 6. If it's slightly too big you could buy some insoles for them.

• Advertisement

Gyalist wrote: »
    Ordering the US 8 would be the more sensible choice as you're normally a UK 6. If it's slightly too big you could buy some insoles for them.
    I have uk 6 in converse, they're too big even with insoles, 5 are too small.

As I said, I know 5.5 is my size, I was just confirming that it is 7.5 in US as the converse site says otherwise (it says 5.5UK = 8US)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It can vary across brands which is why the +2 rule doesn't always work. Out of interest what does the US site say a US 7.5 corresponds to then if not a 5.5 UK?

pow wow wrote: »
    It can vary across brands which is why the +2 rule doesn't always work. Out of interest what does the US site say a US 7.5 corresponds to then if not a 5.5 UK?
    It doesn't give conversion from US to UK, only the other way around. Il ask her to go into the shop over there and check it out. Thanks for the replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

PlayGirl wrote: »
    I have uk 6 in converse, they're too big even with insoles, 5 are too small.

As I said, I know 5.5 is my size, I was just confirming that it is 7.5 in US as the converse site says otherwise (it says 5.5UK = 8US)

I get a 7.5 where possible in Converse. The 8 is too big for me and the 7 is too small. I've been struggling to get the 7.5 in the last few years though.

• Advertisement

Turns out converse.com don't accept international credit cards or paypal accounts (my sister doesnt have US ones of these yet).

They do accept gift cards, but a CC is still required for processing :mad:

She can't find any half sized converse in the stores around her so the website/ordering online may be my only option.

Does anyone know a way around this for the converse.com store? Or of anywhere else I can order them from?

Help appreciated, need to order them ASAP as she's coming back to Ireland soon :)

Little update for anyone in same situation..

After having no luck whatsoever in getting 5.5 in converse I decided to just get a size 5 and hope they stretch..in I go to JD sports after work, ask for a 5.. Waiting on them to come out I notice the kids converse go up to a 5, at €10 cheaper, so I ask for those too.. Turns out the kids 5 is a converse 5.5!! No idea why but I'm delighted! Perfect fit and only €36! :)

After all my stress (I was determined to get them) they were right at my door :)

The kids ones don't have as much colour selection (not in JD's henry st anyways) but they had white, charcoal grey and blue in low tops, can't remember what else.

Hope this helps someone else :)

Advertisement