Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pro12: Ulster vs Leinster, Ravenhill, 20/4, 19:05 KO, BBC2 & RTE 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

durkadurka wrote: »
    Ulster throwing it away

Leinster strangling them as well as Ulster making basic errors, that was an atrocious throw from Kyriacou.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Don't understand that from Lacey. He shouts it out and then penalises him?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Madigan and Toner on, bench again proving crucial IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Madigan has gone on for Sexton.

Big Dev has come on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Will this game be worth watching when I get home?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

.ak wrote: »

Not even close

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Anyone else getting fed up with all this boo-ing? You'd swear it was in Newport!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

What a hideously scrappy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

8-16 final score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Good defensive performance for Leinster

FT 8-16

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

.ak wrote: »
    Watch the first half, second was v scrappy

Poor second half.

Both teams kept some of their more attacking moves in the locker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

MOM? Dippy surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

6 out of 6 against the provinces this year for leinster

Jackson or Dippy MoTM for me.

Anyone else think Jackson could go on tour in the summer?

Sexton, Madigan, Jackson to tour.

Shane Williams last minute try secures my massive long shot accumulator...

Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu beauuuuuuutyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Scrappy game, very impressed by Jackson, pretty faultless performance and should be starting 10 within a year, more rounded outhalf than Madigan IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

It's the sort of scrappy match in utterly terrible conditions you need before a semi. We won't get overconfident and Joe will have plenty to give out about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Shane Williams last minute try secures my massive long shot accumulator...

Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu beauuuuuuutyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Likewise :D

Now come on Clermont, just get a try and put this one to bed.

BOD was brilliant too.

He looks bang in form for next week.

*Touch wood*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Good workout from a Leinster perspective but Ulster will be sweating over a few injuries. It was the type of nitty gritty bame both sides will be the better for. Roll on next weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭TomLamp

Completely shocked that more was not made by the commentary team of Dominic Ryan's performance.

He was outstanding today. Turned over the opposition 4 times, tackled like a demon and was literally everywhere.

TomLamp wrote: »
    Completely shocked that more was not made by the commentary team of Dominic Ryan's performance.

He was outstanding today. Turned over the opposition 4 times, tackled like a demon and was literally everywhere.

Also carried very well.

• Administrators Posts: 53,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Good first half, second half a bit meh.

I think I saw enough from the Ulster lads tonight to think that if we can get our strongest team out against Leinster (if we meet in the final of the HEC) that we can at least give them a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Hagz wrote: »
    MOM? Dippy surely.

I think so. Could have played his way onto the bench for the Clermont game. His defence was excellent, carried well and won a good few penalties at the ruck. He carries strongly in general but he needs to develop his link play and getting his hands free in the tackle imo. He generally only carries close in. Other than that he's coming along really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Clegg wrote: »
    BOD was brilliant too.

He looks bang in form for next week.

*Touch wood*

Maybe its just because I want it to be true but he looks faster then he was last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Maybe its just because I want it to be true but he looks faster then he was last season.

He talked about coming back faster than before in an interview on the radio during his injury, Newstalk I think.

I would agree, he seems to have a bit more acceleration. Top speed maybe not. Does he seem to be a few kgs lighter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

That was exactly what Leinster needed, good physical contest and plenty of defending, plus no injuries.

For Ulster I thought Jackson was excellent and should start next weekend. Hopefully the injuries aren't serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The rain pretty much destroyed that game as a spectacle. Really pleased to see BOD has turned the clock back a couple of years, he's absolutely fired up and seems to have renewed confidence in his abilities. Ryan and McLaughlin were both very good and Thorn seems to have slotted in very confortably at this stage.

I loved the way Sexton took his DG, didn't drop back, but just took it from his usual stand off position which is a real surprise for oppositions. Madigan seems to do the same, it's a very useful weapon.

Jackson is nearly there for Ulster, certainly improved things and used his boot well. Won't be long before he's supplanted iHump as the starting 10. Ulster will improve with a new coach, their accuracy needs work, but a step up will absolutely cement their 'second best province in Ireland' position and push them on for the top slot. Starting to fear them now, because a few missed kicks were all that separated us.

Having said that, we locked up shop early in the second half, so it's a bit of a moot point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭leonard7

who is dippy?

Advertisement