Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tito"came to amends" with Dana, possible Franklin showdown at UFC 103

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

yes it is good news.

Rich by KO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

callaway92 wrote: »
    yes it is good news.

Rich by KO

Franklin has an underated ground game so it would be difficult for Tito to keep him down, therefore it could well be a stand up war and Rich is well used to that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Since when what Tito says credible?

If true it is just a sign how desperate they are for UFC 103.

rovert wrote: »
    Since when what Tito says credible?

If true it is just a sign how desperate they are for UFC 103.

Well giving him the benefit of the doubt, I think if true it is a good move. He might not have been on top of his game in recent times but is still a big draw for the UFC. Chuck, Randy and Tito are UFC Legends and will always have massive interest in them despite their form and Tito is a master in hyping a fight, which generates PPV sales

Looks like this maybe true after all as someone who works close to UFC gave a cheeky maybe to the question of is this true on another forum.
    JokerD wrote: »
    Well giving him the benefit of the doubt, I think if true it is a good move. He might not have been on top of his game in recent times but is still a big draw for the UFC. Chuck, Randy and Tito are UFC Legends and will always have massive interest in them despite their form and Tito is a master in hyping a fight, which generates PPV sales

Tito is still business and UFC needs "new" faces right now. Dont know how that long lay off and that major back surgery. It is also another name taken away from the EA MMA game.

• Advertisement

Looks like this maybe true after all as someone who works close to UFC gave a cheeky maybe to the question of is this true on another forum.

Tito is still business and UFC needs "new" faces right now. Dont know how that long lay off and that major back surgery. It is also another name taken away from the EA MMA game.

Yea but nothing quite like testing the new faces against an established star, those fights pull in the viewers. Maybe a Jones v Tito fight would be a good match-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I'd like to see a Forrest Griffin rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Makes perfect business sense for both parties. From Ortiz's POV, albeit not as mega purse he would get by signing with Affliction, they aren't exactly long term material atleast $200K basic & share of PPV revenue & win bonus with UFC.Plus proving a point to media,Dana White etc that he's not past it. Also, he just had twins and Jenna isn't exactly taking c*ck up her a55 any more to earn a dime.:D:D:D

From UFC's POV Ortiz is a huge PPV draw still and would be a key cog in someone like Strikeforce getting greater exposure so getting him back is basically to tie him up from the competition. Also, what I see happening is the UFC putting on Vet vs Vet or Vet vs Up n Comer fights. As someone mentioned Jon Jones in the latter dept.

A fight I'd love to see would be Ortiz vs Wanderlai again despite Wandy going down to 185. Maybe down the line Ortiz vs loser of Rashad vs Rampage. So many possibilities and PPV draws with Ortiz back in the equation are solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57892904&postcount=257

I was talking about this year obviously :pac:

I've never doubted that he'd be back in the UFC at some stage. He needs the UFC and there is a lot more upside than downside in signing him, especially when he realises that they're the best deal for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Fighting must be calmer than fatherhood.

It will be good to see him back, he's a mouthy guy but he comes to fight.

A rematch with Griffin would be nice to see, but i'd love to see him in with Wandy.

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote: »
    A rematch with Griffin would be nice to see, but i'd love to see him in with Wandy.

I've only seen the Griffin/Ortiz fight the once but I was livid with that decision. I think that was on Bravo back when was it ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

With his back healed his quick shoot should be back. Tito is a highly competent ground fighter, finishing third in Adu Dhabi. He learned Jiu Jitsu from Fabiano Iha, and he says he has black belt level jiu jitsu but does not really use it in MMA. I would not count Tito out of the LHW frame, he has a draw with Rashad, a win over Forrest and came the closest of anyone to beating Machida. All of those he acheived while having a bad back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

With his back healed his quick shoot should be back. Tito is a highly competent ground fighter, finishing third in Adu Dhabi. He learned Jiu Jitsu from Fabiano Iha, and he says he has black belt level jiu jitsu but does not really use it in MMA. I would not count Tito out of the LHW frame, he has a draw with Rashad, a win over Forrest and came the closest of anyone to beating Machida. All of those he acheived while having a bad back.

Hopefully, he's a great fighter although i am not too sure about his "black belt" JJ, or at the very least i don't think he could offer a reason most people would accept for not applying it in MMA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I'm sure his ground game is as good as Randy's and Randy is certainly black belt standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Dragan wrote: »
    Fighting must be calmer than fatherhood.

It will be good to see him back, he's a mouthy guy but he comes to fight.

Hes way too big for wandy, id love to see a rematch with griffin too

They should put Tito through the Ultimate Fighter so he can explain to everyone where he got his black belt :p

Has Tito got a twitterythingy ? It's alright having an oggle at Dana's now and then.

Looks like we wont be seeing Rich-Tito
    Henderson-Franklin II to Headline UFC 103
    By Thomas Gerbasi

Their first bout split the mixed martial arts community, making it obvious that they needed more than 15 minutes to settle their score. On Saturday, September 19th, UFC superstars Dan Henderson and Rich Franklin will meet again in the main event of UFC 103 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, with Henderson looking to make it 2-0 over the former middleweight champ, and Franklin trying to even things up with the former two division PRIDE champion.

And if that’s not enough, the biggest MMA event to ever hit Texas will feature perhaps the most explosive heavyweight battle of the year when one of the sport’s most feared strikers, Mirko Cro Cop, takes on Brazilian knockout artist Junior Dos Santos. Tickets for UFC 103 are on sale now.

Did anyone here see the first fight? :pac:

Looks like we wont be seeing Rich-Tito

Did anyone here see the first fight? :pac:

Just beat me to it:D I was at the first fight and can't understand the reasoning behind this fight, Hendo should be fighting A.Silva next imo, who now for Middleweight? Wandy V Silva would be good but Wandy isn't deserving yet for a title shot. Maia/Marquart after their fight? Strange decision, I'd say Hendo is quite upset by this, he has earned a title shot and has already beaten Franklin. If he beats Franklin the UFC must have something big lined up for him

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    They should put Tito through the Ultimate Fighter so he can explain to everyone where he got his black belt :p

Has Tito got a twitterythingy ? It's alright having an oggle at Dana's now and then.
    Tito does but its rarely updated.

If he beats Franklin the UFC must have something big lined up for him

Lyoto?

• Advertisement

Lyoto?

Possibly, I'd like to see it as Lyoto will find it uber hard to knock out Hendo and Hendo will be hard to takedown and keep down. Otherwise it'll probably be the loser of Rashad/Rampage if he stays at LHW. His only fight at Middleweight should be against A.Silva, unless the UFC are hoping Wandy can get a big Middleweight win(Bisping 105?) so he fights Hendo for No.1 contender. That'd be a fight everyone would like to see again.
    P.S Don't discount Shogun;)

Rumour has it Lyoto might fight Tito. Which would be crazy fun.

But yeah a rematch of Silva & Hendo would be serious business.

Rumour has it Lyoto might fight Tito. Which would be crazy fun.

But yeah a rematch of Silva & Hendo would be serious business.

What a u-turn that would be if Tito fought Lyoto, it beggars belief if it happens, especially after Whites comments on the last fight saying Tito didn't cause Lyoto any trouble(even though he did), what would make him think the fans would want a rematch then? Oh the hypocrisy would be laughable. I like Dana though and don't think he'd allow Joe Silva to even suggest that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

A bit of an odd one alright. If Franklin loses where does it leave him. Is it at 205lb/195lb, doubt it's 185lb as Franklin is not going to move down.

This is going to be a good card. Looking forward to Kampmann vs Swick the most. Think Mirko is going to get KO'ed. Franca vs Tyson should be a good fight aswell.

What a u-turn that would be if Tito fought Lyoto, it beggars belief if it happens, especially after Whites comments on the last fight saying Tito didn't cause Lyoto any trouble(even though he did), what would make him think the fans would want a rematch then? Oh the hypocrisy would be laughable. I like Dana though and don't think he'd allow Joe Silva to even suggest that.

Well it would up to Tito to mount the counter defensive and I think he would be able to mount one, just a hunch.

Well it would up to Tito to mount the counter defensive and I think he would be able to mount one, just a hunch.

If Tito's back is 100% then I can see him causing trouble in the LHW Division, so many good fight possibilities around at the moment, great time to be a fan:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXoqfIU0C6Y
    BJ PENN JUMPS OUT OF POOL
    Don't know if you all have seen this yet, over 2 million views and it made front page news on yahoo.com.
    Sorry bit off-topic but no need for a whole thread about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXoqfIU0C6Y
    BJ PENN JUMPS OUT OF POOL
    Don't know if you all have seen this yet, over 2 million views and it made front page news on yahoo.com.
    Sorry bit off-topic but no need for a whole thread about it.

Yeah seen that and was the same with no need for a whole thread but wasnt sure where to post it.
    Its pretty damn impressive.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Yeah seen that and was the same with no need for a whole thread but wasnt sure where to post it.
    Its pretty damn impressive.

It is, this means he'll obviously destroy Florian now:p

• Advertisement

It is, this means he'll obviously destroy Florian now:p

Florian is one of my favourite fighters but I really think BJ will run through him and get the stoppage.

Advertisement