Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle break ins.

• 13-01-2011 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Just thought I'd give everyone the heads up there is alot of vehicle break ins lately around AstroPark Tallaght and Westpark Fitness Tallaght Carparks.

Seen two cars on Tuesday night, and my van was done tonight. Cúnts got my phone and a bit of cash. CCTV was useless in Westpark.. Gardaí called at 1930 but didn't arrive by 2045 so drove to the station. Got a phonecall at 2220 to say they're at Westpark now but they can't see my van. Duhh I left and went to the station myself and informed your college to cancel the call for a car. Unreal.

Anyways, just watch yourself if your out that way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

You don't need to go to Tallaght.

My car was broken into on the Bank Holiday Monday at a beach park in mid Louth.

Lovely day, people around, walking dogs, birdwatching etc.

Some bastard cut thru the wiring loom to the drivers door, locks popped open, away with the wife's handbag, 160 euro, cards, phone etc.

No one saw anything.

It's costing a fortune to repair the electrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Scumbag. Sorry to hear.

Yeah, that amazes me, Westpark carpark is pretty busy, especially at the time it happened. Thanks everyone for reporting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

You should have a read of this:
    http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/CP%20Info%20Sheet%20-%20VS1-129%20-%20Motor%20Cars%20&%20Jeeps-2009-04-29.pdf
    Highlighted in red "property should not be left
    unattended in cars or other vehicles."
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

wilson10 wrote: »
    You don't need to go to Tallaght.

My car was broken into on the Bank Holiday Monday at a beach park in mid Louth.

Lovely day, people around, walking dogs, birdwatching etc.

Some bastard cut thru the wiring loom to the drivers door, locks popped open, away with the wife's handbag, 160 euro, cards, phone etc.

No one saw anything.

was it a Peugeot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

zapata wrote: »
    http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/CP%20Info%20Sheet%20-%20VS1-129%20-%20Motor%20Cars%20&%20Jeeps-2009-04-29.pdf

Thanks for a great post. Kn0b

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Well thats a useful contribution...

How do you know anything was even visible? I had a car broken in to on spec that there'd be something in the glovebox other than the fire extinguisher there was.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

unattended in cars or other vehicles.":rolleyes:

what a stupid post!!!!!!!!

really sorry to hear OP:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

OK, let's move on from Zapata's post please

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

one2one - You're Welcome. D1ck.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

one2one - You're Welcome. D1ck.

Infraction given.

Let's move it along now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Shay Vader

Cars are broken into anywhere ,anytime ,anyplace regardless of the precautions you take. Obviously it helps if you don't invite problems by leaving valuables exposed but then thats usually a lesson learned far too late.Have some sympathy for one2one peeps, its incredibly frustrating when your car/van gets robbed and this person has every right to vent a bit of steam if he feels the need.I know i would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

My girlfriends car was broken into in the square a few months back, scum saw a sat nav mount and put the passenger window through, nothing of value in the car though. Similar experience to the OP, waited for an hour for the gardai (parked at back of the multi-storey, so could see the station across the road!) and decided to drive over herself, they weren't too bothered, happens all the time so hey, who gives a ****!? Security guards from the square were more than helpful tho, even removed all broken glass for her from the passenger seat and helped arrange autoglass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

No need for the abuse in previous posts.

Someone made a perfectly valid contribution re: leaving valuables in your car.

I very much doubt that your average scumbag would risk or even expend the energy breaking into a car if its perfectly obvious that there is no reason to do so.

If there's nothing on display and your glove compartment is open and showing nothing then I reckon you could almost leave the doors unlocked.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

E39MSport wrote: »
    I very much doubt that your average scumbag would risk or even expend the energy breaking into a car if its perfectly obvious that there is no reason to do so.

Read my previous post - you doubt wrong. Not at all uncommon for entire lines of cars in housing estates to be done entirely on spec.

Its probably a 1 in 3 chance there's a satnav hidden in most cars these days, for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

MYOB wrote: »
    Read my previous post - you doubt wrong. Not at all uncommon for entire lines of cars in housing estates to be done entirely on spec.

Its probably a 1 in 3 chance there's a satnav hidden in most cars these days, for instance.

I just read your post again on your instruction. It appears your glove compartment was closed?

I suggested leaving it open. My father does that. His car is parked on street and he has no problems because there is clearly nothing in his car to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

That's unfortunate OP

It's a pitty you cant fit cars with cans of anthrax that explode if the car isn't opened with your keys.

I haven't experienced a break-in yet, but considering that I fly off the handle when cnts touch my car with their doors, I'd worry that i'd never get over "them getting away with it"!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

bmw535d wrote: »
    was it a Peugeot?

No it was a Nissan Qashqai, but I'm told that cutting the loom thru the gap between the door and wing is very common and works on most makes.

Just as I say that I've had a brilliant idea. How about an extra wire from a 220 Volt inverter, must check with the patent office, I could be on to something big here.

Yes, classic error, the handbag was on view and I'm the very one that's always telling people to hide their valuables.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Danbo! wrote: »
    My girlfriends car was broken into in the square a few months back, scum saw a sat nav mount and put the passenger window through, nothing of value in the car though. Similar experience to the OP, waited for an hour for the gardai (parked at back of the multi-storey, so could see the station across the road!) and decided to drive over herself, they weren't too bothered, happens all the time so hey, who gives a ****!? Security guards from the square were more than helpful tho, even removed all broken glass for her from the passenger seat and helped arrange autoglass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBcNpXmr-Ps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

wilson10 wrote: »

Same thing happened toy car, on Thursday morn I went to drop kids to school an the window got stuck would only open half way and I couldn't close it

They guy said they tried to pop the lock, but didn't get into the car! And there was nothing in the car, apart from car seats and kids teddies and a bit of change.

The auto electrician re wired it for €60 for me, said it's happening a lot lately.

I live in east Meath

Advertisement