Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: PS Vita... Is it trolling if...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I know steam is getting alot of kick in the teeth for lower prices them shops ones on release.

PC titles are more expensive on Steam at release.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fnz wrote: »
    PC titles are more expensive on Steam at release.

Thats what I said. Steam is not allowed to give better prices then brick and mortar shops as gamestops threatened developers to not to stock theyr games in shops.

I presume Sony is too big for GameStop to say: feck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hopefully 3rd party Vita memory card to microSD adaptors won't be too far behind. They're asking for it at those prices

Edit - similar to the PSP Pro Duo ones

MicroSD%20to%20Memory%20Stick%20PRO%20Duo%20Adapter%201.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Was talking to assistant manager in GameStop newbridge yesterday and she seen the vita and played it and she thought it was amazing really really amazing were her words

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Thats what I said. Steam is not allowed to give better prices then brick and mortar shops as gamestops threatened developers to not to stock theyr games in shops.

Oh? Found your sentence difficult to decipher.
    I know steam is getting alot of kick in the teeth for lower prices them shops ones on release.

Thought you were saying something along the lines of:

"I know Steam is :confused: (in trouble?) for selling games at a lower price, than retail, on release".

Apple will probably become an even bigger force, in gaming, as a result of the competition being forced to keep price parity between physical and downloadable products. Apple likely keeping things 'all-download' when they integrate gaming into more of their products - such as Apple TV.

• Advertisement

Fnz wrote: »
    Oh? Found your sentence difficult to decipher.

Thought you were saying something along the lines of:

"I know Steam is :confused: (in trouble?) for selling games at a lower price, than retail, on release".

Apple will probably become an even bigger force, in gaming, as a result of the competition being forced to keep price parity between physical and downloadable products. Apple likely keeping things 'all-download' when they integrate gaming into more of their products - such as Apple TV.

sorry, sometimes i can type something really hard to understand :D

plus early morning! :p

i just checked some videos online on PS vita and discovered one thing:

you can play all ps3 games on VITA with remote play. thats it, its sold for me.

it will mean i will be able to fire up ps3 and play on vita games like dark souls while misses watches her crap TV!

if that fuction will work as sony says: "all ps3 titles will work on remote play", then i am not even bothered with launch titles, in fact i dont even need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

i just checked some videos online on PS vita and discovered one thing:

you can play all ps3 games on VITA with remote play. thats it, its sold for me.

it will mean i will be able to fire up ps3 and play on vita games like dark souls while misses watches her crap TV!

if that fuction will work as sony says: "all ps3 titles will work on remote play", then i am not even bothered with launch titles, in fact i dont even need them.

Would a new portable TV not be cheaper??:)

rickyjb wrote: »
    Would a new portable TV not be cheaper??:)

cheaper, maybe. comfortable? dont think so.

this would be one of the reasons i dont play my consoles, because on weekend and after 18:00 TV is JAMMED, by ****y "chef" shows, and then "biggest losser" bull****... aka - lets make them fat, then laugh at them while they jogging!

i even watch netflix mythbusters on my iphone in bed, while she watches telly. if i can play vita games, ps3 games, netflix, internet on one device... **** why not!

just talked to misses about it on phone :D. she did a mistake to call me on her break. i told her that i want to get it and she just went: *sigh* :rolleyes: again?

what can i say, i am a gadget whore :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

This could push me towards selling my Xbox and getting a ps3 now!!

Absolute genius you can play your ps3 games through your vita????

All I'll say is WOW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I dinno.....playing Uncharted or such on the PS3 is the glory of seeing it on a big HD screen.

Could you not get a similarly priced HD monitor or something? Or do you just want teh Vita? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

bf3 running on it...

Notice the [CFW] mentioned in most of these videos, your PS3 has to be on CFW to do this. A lot of games have to be flagged in something like an *.ini file to support remote play, & to flag them you need the game installed on a hdd & cfw to run it.

The same thing can be done with the PSP & a PC, the Vita is only registered as a mobile device for this method

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The official Remote Play only applies to a limited number of games at the moment but Sony have stated they will be expanding this number in the future.

Well that remote play support makes me look at vita as glass half full, not half empty.

I am prety sure they will put popular titles for remote play anyway. Plus there is a huge advantage in Ps vita over 3ds ( for me ), that it will have ps eshop with all ps1 ps2 titles. I got ff9, which I still not finished and my original phat psp went to a person that I can't get contact with :(.

If I wouldn't be such a gadget whore I would let it go for few months before buying, unfortunately I am gadget whore :D.

Otacon wrote: »
    The official Remote Play only applies to a limited number of games at the moment but Sony have stated they will be expanding this number in the future.

The vast majority of games work with it when flagged to do so, it's something Sony should have capitalized on years ago with the PSP. Better late then never I suppose

...that it will have ps eshop with all ps1 ps2 titles.

FYI

The PS Vita will not be able to play PS1 games from launch, but will be getting the functionality in a patch later.

FYI

The PS Vita will not be able to play PS1 games from launch, but will be getting the functionality in a patch later.

its still will though...

FYI

A break from Sony's traditional business model. It'll be interesting to see them improve a console over its lifespan, rather then their current, remove features approach as we've seen with the PS3 & PSP :pac:

EnterNow wrote: »
    A break from Sony's traditional business model. It'll be interesting to see them improve a console over its lifespan, rather then their current, remove features approach as we've seen with the PS3 & PSP :pac:

A lot of the features were removed either for cost-saving or to prevent hacking [according to them]. As this device is already cost-effective and [probably] does not use an easily-cracked code, then the new approach is more likely to stay!

• Advertisement

A lot of the features were removed either for cost-saving or to prevent hacking [according to them]. As this device is already cost-effective and [probably] does not use an easily-cracked code, then the new approach is more likely to stay!

I said that with tongue in cheek :)

Hopefully they're on the right road with it, the cost is massive though for a handheld. A price drop should see the Vita do as well as it deserves

I said that with tongue in cheek :)

Hopefully they're on the right road with it, the cost is massive though for a handheld. A price drop should see the Vita do as well as it deserves

There is scope for a price drop. According to a story on Kotaku [I think] that I can't reach right now as I am at work, the PS Vita costs $160 to make.

A source [not Kotaku]

If the Vita performs poorly in the West, I can see a swift drop in the offing!

There is scope for a price drop. According to a story on Kotaku [I think] that I can't reach right now as I am at work, the PS Vita costs $160 to make.

A source [not Kotaku]

so the days of hardware being sold with loss is over and sony just being greedy.... :rolleyes: . i guess their are not repeating ps3 mistake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

160 euro + Manufacturing + R&D + Shipping + Marketing.

Individual component costs =/= Total cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

A source [not Kotaku]

That's not entirely accurate either though. That's just the cost of the components. It doesn't factor in manufacturing and shipping costs and all that, which probably bring it up a bit.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

NotorietyH wrote: »
    That's not entirely accurate either though. That's just the cost of the components. It doesn't factor in manufacturing and shipping costs and all that, which probably bring it up a bit.

And tax. Why does no one ever ever consider tax. Especially here in Ireland. If I pay 250 for it. Govt. gets 23% straight off the bat. Before anyone else gets their cut, that's €57.50. Factor in marketing, and what not as said and the fact that the retailer may want a small margin (no, smaller than that) and that they have to leave a bit of room for currency risk and you start to see that their "huge" profit isn't that huge. This is especially true when you factor in that a games console is an incredibly risky business activity. A large flop can be devastating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

The vast majority of games work with it when flagged to do so, it's something Sony should have capitalized on years ago with the PSP. Better late then never I suppose

Whats the story with Microsoft? WIll they ever make a handheld? They do use the Phones with windows 8 (9 in the future) but I would totally get a handheld from them, especially if they had remote play on it too.

How will the Vita sell here and in NA next month. They should have launched over here first.

Whats the story with Microsoft? WIll they ever make a handheld? They do use the Phones with windows 8 (9 in the future) but I would totally get a handheld from them, especially if they had remote play on it too.

How will the Vita sell here and in NA next month. They should have launched over here first.

well market is not that big even for such players like nintendo and SONY, i really doubt that microsoft wants to go in there and share that small market. too much investment and way too much risk.

mobile gaming could be the thing they will go with. by the looks of it windows 8 will be quite integrated with windows phones and xbox live.

well market is not that big even for such players like nintendo and SONY, i really doubt that microsoft wants to go in there and share that small market. too much investment and way too much risk.

mobile gaming could be the thing they will go with. by the looks of it windows 8 will be quite integrated with windows phones and xbox live.

I'd be inclined to agree. I read somewhere ages ago on Toms Hardware that Windows 8 could feature compatability with 360 games. Provided your hardware is up to scratch, the core OS will be able to emulate the 360 & run the games. Great idea I thought :cool:

Here's the article - http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Windows-8-Xbox-Live-Mike-Delman-consoles-emulation,news-11826.html

• Advertisement

I'd be inclined to agree. I read somewhere ages ago on Toms Hardware that Windows 8 could feature compatability with 360 games. Provided your hardware is up to scratch, the core OS will be able to emulate the 360 & run the games. Great idea I thought :cool:

Here's the article - http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Windows-8-Xbox-Live-Mike-Delman-consoles-emulation,news-11826.html

honestly: i would love to play my xbox games on my pc. i would use xbox controller for that too. on the other side, that could damage "PC gaming" as developers will just do a 360 limited game for pc and xbox, which will mean: enchanced PC versions of games will be a history.

Advertisement