Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The fun of getting a refund from Iarnród Éireann

• 27-07-2006 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭

Ok so on the 19th July (my birthday of all days) I got to the train station in Cork, bought a ticket to Cobh from the ticket machine (no offices open), looked at the billboard thing and, like it said, rushed to platform 5 to catch the train to Cobh. Empty train, no people. Turned out the train at platform 5 was for Mallow, this wasnt said anywhere but I knew from experience. So I dunno where the Cobh train was. Noone around to ask, presumably no train, despite the fact that theres ALWAYS a train at that time. Now I'm no dumbass, sure they might have put it on another platform, but it should have been put up on the main display exactly where it was, rather than being misleading. I looked around the station etc to see if the train was elsewhere. No luck.

Of course I couldnt get an on-the-spot refund (got a lift home in the end) as all the offices were closed, so I went to the Platform 11 website to download the Refund Application Form. Now most people would say getting a refund for €3.45 is pointless, but I dont like Iaranrod very much and any chance to get cash out of them will be taken.

Anyway. I download the form from here -> http://www.platform11.org/passenger_info/forms/ticket_refund.pdf . I fill it in and ship it to the address listed

"Intercity Sales Office
    Travelcentre
    Cork"

I get the letter back in the post today saying undeliverable, address does not exist.

Now I'm not blaming anyone for this, P11 do a great job and its certainally not their fault :) Its not even Iaranrods fault as this is an old form, even though it should be on their website anyway.

So yeah, this is an "FYI" post for everyone, and does anyone have the correct address to send this too? Sod the cost of an extra stamp, I still want to have the satisfaction of actually getting a refund out of Iaranrod :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

The address on the form is incomplete thats the problem

Its Iarnrod Eireann, Travel Center 65 Patrick St., Cork

Save yourself the cost simply hand it in at any Iarnrod Eireann ticket office and let the internal post system handle it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

MarkoP11 wrote:

Save yourself the cost simply hand it in at any Iarnrod Eireann ticket office and let the internal post system handle it

The travel office is located in what was the bar in Kent station now.
    It's right beside the subway to platform 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

That be the address given, as I said don't waste a stamp hand it in at a station and let them move it through the internal post

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

MarkoP11 wrote:

That place ain't there any more.... been shut for around a year..

• Advertisement
Advertisement