Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac mini and JVC LCD

• 20-01-2006 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi

I recently bought a JVC 32"LCD and am considering buying my first Mac, looking at the mini at the moment to use with the JVC. However the tv manual states it does not support Apple on the VGA port, so I'm wondering would the mac mini DVI out work with the HDMI connection on the tv, via an adaptor ? Have heard of HDCP (copy protection) issues going from DVI to HDMI, don't know if this applies to the mac.

kman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

That's strange, surely VGA is not a platform specific connection? Hmmm... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Nor did I. I wonder is it that the mac detects the monitor type and available resolutions from monitors to show in preferences but would be unable to do so from this TV.

What's the model no. of the set ? I'd be interested in finding out if that claim is technically valid.

ZEN

Advertisement