Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

rogerb wrote: »
    I seem to have been reduced to counting sightings of myself to convince myself of my own existence.

You exist. I was talking to you earlier. Unless, of course, I don't exist. Neither of us had our Boards kit on at the time, so I'm not sure.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Equito ergo sum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Me. (Sorry Hermy.)
    Don't be sorry.
    It's my fault for being a taxi driver.:p

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Who passed me this morning around The Eden on the Grange rd wearing a long sleeve Boards top. I was in a Discovery top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

el tonto wrote: »
    Equito ergo sum.
    What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rogerb

Who passed me this morning around The Eden on the Grange rd wearing a long sleeve Boards top. I was in a Discovery top.

I did. Sorry I didn't say "hello"; was rather grumpy at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Roger you are everywhere!

are you God?

Perfectly understandable. Was going to try and catch up and introduce myself, but you were turning a fair aul speed and I caught a red light at Lidl. But in reality I wasn't going to catch up anyway.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Was going to try and catch up and introduce myself

Best not to just rock up and say..... Hi, I'm the Tax Man.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Saw a Boards guy on Sunday afternoon, 1:30pm, Parkgate St. gate of Phoenix Park. He pulled up where they "rent bikes" (Do they?) just inside the gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

LDB wrote: »
    Roger you are everywhere!

are you God?

Yeah, has anyone here NOT seen RogerB? That's the real question.

Best not to just rock up and say..... Hi, I'm the Tax Man.

LOL.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Planet X wrote: »
    Saw a Boards guy on Sunday afternoon, 1:30pm, Parkgate St. gate of Phoenix Park. He pulled up where they "rent bikes" (Do they?) just inside the gate.

Guilty

Good thing i wasnt spotted breaking all those red lights. That would be embarassing. Yes they rent bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

One today, at the cafe in Laragh around 12:45, rolled up and stated chatting to three lads, no doubt also Boards aficionados under cover. Would have introduced myself but my group was heading on at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

rottenhat wrote: »
    One today, at the cafe in Laragh around 12:45, rolled up and stated chatting to three lads, no doubt also Boards aficionados under cover. Would have introduced myself but my group was heading on at that point.

That was NiceOneTom. 3 blokes were Cadex, Madhatter and meself.
    You should have popped up- were you with the Orwell gang. Impressive numbers out. Laragh was beautiful today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

many boards jersey sightings outside dublin/east coast area, was thinking of getting one but didn't want to be the talk of the NW forum

:)

ROK ON wrote: »
    That was NiceOneTom. 3 blokes were Cadex, Madhatter and meself.
    You should have popped up- were you with the Orwell gang. Impressive numbers out. Laragh was beautiful today.

Yep, in the Orwell group wearing mostly black with a couple of Cinzano logos on the shoulders. I presume you were the handsome devil in the Rapha gear? I had a feeling you'd be boardsies but didn't want to get into a long involved explanation if you turned out not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Yep, twas I.

*waves*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

rottenhat wrote: »
    Yep, in the Orwell group wearing mostly black with a couple of Cinzano logos on the shoulders. I presume you were the handsome devil in the Rapha gear? I had a feeling you'd be boardsies but didn't want to get into a long involved explanation if you turned out not to be.

Correct sir. That cinzano gear looked great - was it my imagination or was it merino? Anyway, looked very retro.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Guy in a long sleeve boards jersey approaching Carrigaline from the airport side at about 2.30 today.
    Any takers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

TheTubes wrote: »
    Guy in a long sleeve boards jersey approaching Carrigaline from the airport side at about 2.30 today.
    Any takers?

For once not Roger... That was me Tubes - should have said hello !

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    For once not Roger... That was me Tubes - should have said hello !

I was in the car, I was passed you before I relised it was a boards jersey, will beep next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I presume i seen Caroline_ie cycling on amiens street this mornnig at about 8:10 on a black bowery in a boards jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

peterk19 wrote: »
    I presume i seen Caroline_ie cycling on amiens street this mornnig at about 8:10 on a black bowery in a boards jersey

NO wasn't me - Was probably LDB - I work in D15

NO wasn't me - Was probably LDB - I work in D15

Ah must have been i tend to relate the bowery to you straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Yeah, that was me alright. Hello!

LDB wrote: »
    Yeah, that was me alright. Hello!

Hello i was stuck in traffic so didnt want to start beebong randomly

Correct sir. That cinzano gear looked great - was it my imagination or was it merino?

100% - it's one of the vintage-velos jerseys.
    Anyway, looked very retro.

Ah, music to my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Spotted someone on the way to Enniskerry at lunchtime. I have a few theories as to who but not 100% sure, I had a bit of a tailwind at the time and was pedalling quite fast. I was in black and orange myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Meant to say: I passed two guys near the bottom of Luggala heading in the direction of Enniskerry last Saturday. One was wearing a Boards jersey and was cycling a flat bar road bike, while the other was in a blue and black jersey and was on a white bike with drop bars. (He also had fluorescent green gloves on - I didn't get the bike models but couldn't miss those!)

If you're out there, I was the one in the blue, white and red Kraftwerk jersey who said hi.

HI!

Advertisement