Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Facebook status hacking

• 20-02-2011 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey just wondering can someone please help me! Over the last 3 days my facebook has been hacked saying:

Finally got my iPad from that site! 5 days ago I signed up at http://bit.ly/dZPNQS as a tester and today I got my iPad. All you need to do is to tell them your opinion about iPad and you can keep it forever. You should hurry since i highly doubt this is gonna last forever

Im really worried because it says that it was posted via mobile so im not sure if someone has hacked into my facebook or my blackberry:confused:
    Im just wondering what i should do, i have tried to report it to facebook but nothing has been done:confused:
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Facebook mobile is used by a lot of spammers because it has less spam/hacking checks, I think if I attempted to log into x@y.com from my browser with a wrong password it would quickly ask for a verification string, mobile web isn't as easy cause trying to read verification strings on phones ain't easy!

Log in remove all applications that don't look trustworthy( and maybe google the ones that seem ok!) check to see where else you're logged in and log all of them out then change your password and you should be alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Try going to Account(top right of page), then to privacy settings, then down the bottom of that page there should be an "Apps and Websites" option down the bottom. That shows all the applications that you have allowed acces to post on your wall. Then click on "Edit Settings" under the "apps you use" title. Then look for the app that's causing the problem. and just click the "x" next to it to remove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

You should also change your facebook password, and in case you have been phished (a lot of people use the same password for many other things too) change e-mail passwords etc...

Advertisement