Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope the baby is David's

Remember when Gail had Sarah? She had to have a blood test done to see if she was Brians or his cousins, so history is repeating itself. Should we remind Gail of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Remember when Gail had Sarah? She had to have a blood test done to see if she was Brians or his cousins, so history is repeating itself. Should we remind Gail of this?

Get it stenciled down the handle of her mop :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

This program is really beginning to try my patience. Like any soap couple stay together long enough to look after its parents if both die

• Registered Users Posts: 84,929 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If Katy don't want her son then why don't she give him to Chesney (if he wants him) or even Anna :rolleyes:

David acting all responsible and as if he is dying :P surely Becky would want to be involved in Kylie's kid lives if Kylie and David died

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Chucken wrote: »
    Get it stenciled down the handle of her mop :pac:
    brilliant, I got such a laugh out of that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

These Afghan veterans are pish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I do too but wouldn't it make it a juicier story if it's Nicks :D

Can you imagine if the baba was Nick's and Leanne finds out. That would be scary! :):D

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I do too but wouldn't it make it a juicier story if it's Nicks :D

Can you imagine if the baba was Nick's and Leanne finds out. That would be scary! :):D
    The baba will be Nicks and Leanne WILL find out and there'll be fun and games!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

that Gail one is a silly, silly woman...Sally would behave in exactly the same way if she was in her shoes...two silly sillies:mad:.

Ten mins after Stella finishes cleaning up píss dribbles in the toilets she's back in drinking her hard earned tenner:confused:.

I thought Roy would never open the fcukn letter!!!! In saying that, I found the scene with his ma bandaging his finger, quite touching:o.

Where was Anna going with the tiny plastic container of 'stew'...looked like soup to me..and there was barely enough to fill two cereal bowls of it:(. (Was it my imagination or was Tim staring oddly at her when he was convincing her to stay for tea? Mmmmm:) Possible shenanigans on the cobbled horizon:).)

Tina...Tina...Tina..why the fcuk were you soooo surprised at Gary's looming lips????? You stupid woman:mad:...and don't even consider telling Izzy..Izzy will be all in a tizzy.Then where would you be???? You'd be landed with a baby that's not genetically yours and you'd have creepy Gary sniffing through your letterbox for the rest of your natural:(. Bet she'll tell Tommy who'll shout at Gary and threaten him with a slap. Tina will intervene and blame Tommy for whatever ensues.

I'm tired of Katy and Chesney squabbling over her going out and leaving the child...ffs..the young one is entitled to go out the odd time. She looked so beautiful there tonight and his face looked like a scrunched up tissue:(. Where's it all going to end?.... Eeh I don't know chucks:confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ann22 wrote: »
    that Gail one is a silly, silly woman...Sally would behave in exactly the same way if she was in her shoes...two silly sillies:mad:.

Ten mins after Stella finishes cleaning up píss dribbles in the toilets she's back in drinking her hard earned tenner:confused:.

I thought Roy would never open the fcukn letter!!!! In saying that, I found the scene with his ma bandaging his finger, quite touching:o.

Where was Anna going with the tiny plastic container of 'stew'...looked like soup to me..and there was barely enough to fill two cereal bowls of it:(. (Was it my imagination or was Tim staring oddly at her when he was convincing her to stay for tea? Mmmmm:) Possible shenanigans on the cobbled horizon:).)

Tina...Tina...Tina..why the fcuk were you soooo surprised at Gary's looming lips????? You stupid woman:mad:...and don't even consider telling Izzy..Izzy will be all in a tizzy.Then where would you be???? You'd be landed with a baby that's not genetically yours and you'd have creepy Gary sniffing through your letterbox for the rest of your natural:(. Bet she'll tell Tommy who'll shout at Gary and threaten him with a slap. Tina will intervene and blame Tommy for whatever ensues.

I'm tired of Katy and Chesney squabbling over her going out and leaving the child...ffs..the young one is entitled to go out the odd time. She looked so beautiful there tonight and his face looked like a scrunched up tissue:(. Where's it all going to end?.... Eeh I don't know chucks:confused:.

Very well put, I love Roy's mum. Prob wouldn't want her as my mum or gran but she's great to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Meangadh wrote: »
    That scene with Gary and his friends in the pub was cringe. And I'd like to think lads in real life wouldn't be so crass about their friend's partner not being able to carry a child.

I think the writers were trying a sort of double bluff. They are ex-army squaddies so we are not supposed to think that they would have a mature reaction to Gar-eh's situation, when in fact they could easily have said fair play best of luck with it. The cringey bit was them saying to Gar-eh "Aww, you fancy her!". A real life man would go, "obviously she is gorgeous, but im happy with my Izzie", and leave it at that, but instead he got all defensive which they sensed. <shudders> It was just weird the way it was written. And the only point it served was to set up the following equally cringey scene with Gar-eh and Teenuh.

syklops wrote: »
    I think the writers were trying a sort of double bluff. They are ex-army squaddies so we are not supposed to think that they would have a mature reaction to Gar-eh's situation, when in fact they could easily have said fair play best of luck with it. The cringey bit was them saying to Gar-eh "Aww, you fancy her!". A real life man would go, "obviously she is gorgeous, but im happy with my Izzie", and leave it at that, but instead he got all defensive which they sensed. <shudders> It was just weird the way it was written. And the only point it served was to set up the following equally cringey scene with Gar-eh and Teenuh.

And also is it normal to have a picture of your surrogate on your mobile phone :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

And also is it normal to have a picture of your surrogate on your mobile phone :confused:

Only if you fancy her...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Gary couldn't adopted because of his post traumatic stress. The surrogacy was a bad idea. The street seems to be booming with babies, any way the writers can do a baby story they will it seems.
    The Stella and the rovers story does not make much sense. Won't the mortgage company take it back if she isn't making payments? There has been no mention of the mortgage company has there?
    Offering half interest in a business you don't own to someone? Like Haley,Roy and Sylvia on screen more. Not to fond of the Windass and Price clan or Karl. I wish the writers would bring back a few old characters.

I think its plausible. The picture was Izzie and Tina together. If it had been Tina posing on her own that would have been weird.
    The street seems to be booming with babies, any way the writers can do a baby story they will it seems.

Yeah, how many babies do we have now?

Bay-beh Jo-seff
    Bay-beh Ru-bay
    Bay-beh Hope
    Bay-beh Jack(Although he may not be coming back)
    Did I miss any? Aside obviously from the upcoming hybrid Nick/David Plattosaur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

The Stella and the rovers story does not make much sense. Won't the mortgage company take it back if she isn't making payments? There has been no mention of the mortgage company has there?
    Offering half interest in a business you don't own to someone? Like Haley,Roy and Sylvia on screen more. Not to fond of the Windass and Price clan or Karl. I wish the writers would bring back a few old characters.

.....and there's the fact that the pub, the licence and house are now valued at £40,000 which is nuts. Jim McDonald was prepared to rob over £120,000 for it a couple of years ago. Gloria obviously has something up her sleeve, wonder what it is, she was stone broke a month or two ago, maybe her last fling did leave her few bob.

I also had to laugh at Karl... "I'll be down job centre tomorrow and every day, and won't rest till i have job." LOL!, he's one of the laziest charchters ever to appear on the Street, swigging from cans all hours and reading the weathy gazette is all he's good for, Christ knows when Stella will wake up to him.

Red Kev wrote: »
    ....I also had to laugh at Karl... "I'll be down job centre tomorrow and every day, and won't rest till i have job." LOL!, he's one of the laziest charchters ever to appear on the Street, swigging from cans all hours and reading the weathy gazette is all he's good for, Christ knows when Stella will wake up to him.
    I imagine sometime over the Christmas period!

Does Karl not work for Steve's cabs anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Sally is one nasty cow!

Oh Mrs High and Mighty herself has NEVER done anything wrong ever- she didn't have numerous affairs on her husband NO NO NO! ****ing Hypricote!!!!
    (Was it my imagination or was Tim staring oddly at her when he was convincing her to stay for tea? Mmmmm:) Possible shenanigans on the cobbled horizon:).).

ugh the thoughts :eek::eek:

Tina...Tina...Tina.. You'd be landed with a baby that's not genetically yours and you'd have creepy Gary sniffing through your letterbox for the rest of your natural:(.

Ha! you could just picture it:D
    lisaj wrote: »
    Only if you fancy her...

Im a woman and I wouldn't kick her outta bed
    syklops wrote: »

the upcoming hybrid Nick/David Plattosaur.

:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

A bit late for it now but the writers missed a trick by not having Kylie be pregnant with fraternal twins, one Nick's and one David's.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    A bit late for it now but the writers missed a trick by not having Kylie be pregnant with fraternal twins, one Nick's and one David's.

That sounds very American soap opera ish :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I thought the scene with David asking Nick and Leanne out of the blue to look after his kids if anything happened to him and Kylie, was stupid and unnecessary. What healthy lad of his age would think of such a thing?? Oh and why didn't Kylie mention Becky?? Becky who was a wonderful mother to Max and desperately wants kids??? (Bit of a coincidence Leanne having probs having babies too.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Remember Corrie going out tonight at 6.45 PM (ITV) and 7 PM (on TV3). Bloody football.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Remember Corrie going out tonight at 6.45 PM (ITV) and 7 PM (on TV3). Bloody football.

And didn't they move this to a Thursday because of this yet its on most Wednesdays. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,746 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

'You could buy a flaming Spain with 80k'.

Wha?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'You could buy a flaming Spain with 80k'.

Wha?

Karl's facility with numbers explains what a good gambler he was (not).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Coronation Street, EastEnders, Emmerdale and Waterloo Road all have schedule changes in the week commencing May 26.

With the Britain's Got Talent live shows returning, Corrie moves to 9pm for the week and we get one less Emmerdale episode than usual.

Elsewhere, EastEnders changes its usual schedule for the week with a change in transmission days and some earlier starts, while Waterloo Road moves from Thursday to Wednesday.

Sunday, May 26
    9.00pm: Coronation Street

Monday, May 27
    7.00pm: Emmerdale
    No EastEnders episode tonight.

Tuesday, May 28
    7.30pm: EastEnders

Wednesday, May 29
    8.00pm: Waterloo Road
    No Coronation Street tonight.

Thursday, May 30

Friday, May 31

I can't believe people still went on this after last year winner, was not even Human and yet that Dog as more money then me!

spurious wrote: »
    Karl's facility with numbers explains what a good gambler he was (not).

I thought the line made sense. I thought Glorias "I could go to spain!" with 80k was more ridiculous.

I mean Eoin wanted about 10k for the building work so far. Did they not give a figure of about 40k in total for the pub?

Is Waterloo Road any good?

Whats the reason for the change of schedule?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Paul got a new jacket in london.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement