Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in town on a Saturday night

• 07-02-2009 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

Town = Dublin.

Is there usually plenty of free parking around on a Saturday night or is it all taken up? About half 9 or 10pm or so.

I'm thinking along Eden Quay or around Dunlaor St or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

It depends on where you are going. I usually get parked on Cook St which is across the road from the Civic Offices, parallel to Merchants Quay. Not the safest place to be walking around on your own, always better with two people.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=cook+st+dublin&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=ie&ei=8u6NSZzTHeCGjAfogMGoCg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

Of course you could park safely in the Stephen's Green or Marlborough St carpark for €6 which covers you til 10am the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Busy, but not packed. I'd avoid the front of pubs, clubs and eateries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ideally I'd be looking for somewhere reasonably close to O'Connell Bridge. Cook St is a bit of a walk away but thanks for the suggestion.

Is there somewhere I can get a list of where there's on street parking? I.e. pay & display that's free after 7pm or whatever it is?

+ edit
    I did find this re on street parking but there doesn't seem to be a list of else somethings not loading for me when I'm clicking those Go buttons
    http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/parking/onstreet.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I tend to park in Stephen's Green shopping centre as it's open 24 hours, but then again I'd be going out on the southside so not too far to walk.

The idea of driving into town would be to avoid the cost of a taxi or a night link or whatever and the general conveinence then after of a free way to get home.

Paying for a car park would defeat the purpose of this in my eyes.

Thanks for the suggestions though, if you have any more please keep them coming :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The last time I parked for free on the streets of Dublin, my car was broken into and everything in the boot lifted. saved me a fiver for a carpark though....

The last time I parked for free on the streets of Dublin, my car was broken into and everything in the boot lifted. saved me a fiver for a carpark though....
    It's a fair point that. Generally on street parking is easier than a multistory too though :)

Advertisement