Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SkY Banner Problem

Options
  • 11-08-2004 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi:-)

A quick Question... I am having problems with the program banner and TV guide thing on SkY it is flickering and driving me demented.....didnt call sky yet as the usual advice is turn off and on...

Just wondering if anyone had a quick fix...

Thx

Ka:-)
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kmaguire

I am having similar problem. Tried switching to RGB from PAL made little difference. Swapped scart's again made little difference. I definitely did not have this problem with my last Sky installation.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I had Sky+ installed last week. When I switch SCARTs on the TV and set Sky box output to RGB the fuzz cleared up. The picture was noticably clearer.

The manual for the TV should say which SCART connection does RGB. In my minute experience I would assume that setting Sky box to RGB output and and using the appropriate SCART will help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ka

Hi...

Still having problems - it shouldnt be a scart problem as no changes have been made and the system has been installed for years.

I am just hoping the box is not on the blink ..... we have replaced it once already!

Anyone out there expereincing this at the moment - is it a SkY problem??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kmaguire

Ok, swapped out my digibox for my old one which I had in storage, still the same problem. Purchased a monster scart lead (damn expensive!) still the same problem. I've noticed that with just the sky digibox (no sky signal attached) scarted into the television i'm still getting the flickering. I'm now assuming it's the television! Gives me a good excuse to buy a new one now.... :D

kmaguire wrote:
    i'm still getting the flickering. I'm now assuming it's the television! Gives me a good excuse to buy a new one now.... :D

Aaaghhh......

Must try this.... definately do not need to buy a new tv....... ;)

Thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Sounds like 2 people with 2 different problems. All pictures flickering is probably connections or tv at fault but what you describe ka sounds like an internal fault with the digibox. That is IF the programmes are flicker free but the box generated graphics (sky guide/settings screens and programme banner) are faulty.

Hi John

Thanks for your reply....yes it is the sky guide/settings screens and programme banner that are flickering.....but pictures are fine.

The box we have is a Pace one - seems to be a load of cr*p - as the first one packed in the day it was installed, the second one a year later and now this one - a year after that....

Can you buy a box separately....cheaply....

Wierd...but turn on Sky one morning and it is all back to normal. The box was as if it was rebooted (ie on ch 999) and the banner and all associated were fine - perhaps this was a sky problem after all in our area?

Strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I found that this morning - it was on channel 999. The things I recorded overnight seemed to record okay.
    Maybe a new revision of the software was pushed to my Sky+ box.

Advertisement