Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III

• 06-01-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

Im going a little bit crazy waiting for english dub of Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III to be released. The movie was released in Japan months ago. I get nervous that maybe sales weren't high enough to make a dub.

I know a fansub is floating about but ive always watched Berserk in english, and voice actors do a good job of it. I cant even pre-order yet!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Well, the first two were released nearly a year apart, part 1 was out in Dec 12, part 2 in Sep 13. At a guess, you might be waiting until the summer for part 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The two first films were shown at the Japanese Film Festival last year, so the third might make the cut for this year's lot in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Waiting a year for a EU/NA release was norm back in the day, but now days its a bit crazy. Ah well...maybe its a marketing thing. Ill still hold out till i get the blu-ray in my hands!!! Seen trailers...Arc III looks savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Hmm, I'd say I'll give the first movie a go. Although I'm not a big fan of the mixture of CGI and animation. Just looks weird.

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Hmm, I'd say I'll give the first movie a go. Although I'm not a big fan of the mixture of CGI and animation. Just looks weird.

I think it can be a bit jarring at first, but once you get into it, you don't really notice it so much, and you can kinda put it out of your mind.

• Advertisement

Its probably one of the better examples of 2D and 3D blended together. The 2D though is clearly nicer looking, with the 3D used for some bloody cinematic carnage!!!

Also i noticed the 3D is much improved in the second movie.

Damn, I just had to go rewatch the big battle scene in the middle of part 2 'cos of this thread :D

Links234 wrote: »
    Damn, I just had to go rewatch the big battle scene in the middle of part 2 'cos of this thread :D

The 100 men scene with the spanish guitar...niiice ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Hmmm, I think I should. It kind of looks like a moving painting, but I'll probably get used to it.

I saw the first four minutes and the first fight scene is WAY larger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Any news when they might release a 4th OVA? It's definitely going to happen but can't find any good sources when it might.

It's out now in case you're wondering

Advertisement