Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA V PC - April 14th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't mind waiting, I expect to have to wait and if the games done to it's full potential on PC it'll be worth the wait. What upset me about the whole thing is being left in limbo like jackasses waiting to find out if we'd get it or not. If they'd just say, "yes, it's coming to PC next year" I'd have been happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Thetruthking

its the point of being left in limbo that is pissing everyone off and making pc gamers go to arma and dayz etc

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You'd nearly think they wanted it to work okay by the time it came out on the PC... and didn't care much about the consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

the_syco wrote: »
    You'd nearly think they wanted it to work okay by the time it came out on the PC... and didn't care much about the consoles?

Us PC gamers do tend to be fussier, care more about the refinements and moreso about the modding potential than console gamers, where this isn't possible. PC gamers also tend to be more into the strategy whereas console gamers want plug and play "arcade" type play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

sdeire wrote: »
    Us PC gamers do tend to be fussier, care more about the refinements and moreso about the modding potential than console gamers, where this isn't possible. PC gamers also tend to be more into the strategy whereas console gamers want plug and play "arcade" type play.

Nice way of saying if a PC gamer spots a single pixel out of place it's the end of the world :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Nice way of saying if a PC gamer spots a single pixel out of place it's the end of the world :pac:

It's true :rolleyes:

Watching the next gen comparison to the current gen. and noticing the usual increase of more cars, etc, that is often noticeable between the console and PC versions of GTA4 in the past.

Also noticing a higher level of bloom, which I hope I can lower, as this was a pain in the hole in certain BF3 maps!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^^
    The comparison footage is PS3 vs PS4 though.
    I reckon the PC version could look even better if R* don't balls up the port like they did the GTA IV :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    ^^^^
    I reckon the PC version could look even better if R* don't balls up the port like they did the GTA IV :)
    Ah, read "PS4" is "your standard PC", as it's an AMD CPU with an AMD GPU, so I'm hoping/guessing the PC version will be able to use that extra bit of power it can access. That, and I hope the online servers are 64 player :pac:

Ah, read "PS4" is "your standard PC", as it's an AMD CPU with an AMD GPU, so I'm hoping/guessing the PC version will be able to use that extra bit of power it can access. That, and I hope the online servers are 64 player :pac:

That would be brilliant having 64 players! Utter madness having 10 jets and 30 tanks going about. And 24 others hiding around the map :pac:

• Advertisement

To be fair, online is pretty shit. They made it sound a lot better than it actually is.

Playing on PS3 it looked amazing, but it looks crap compared to PS4 already. Guess I'll be getting a PS4 some time now.

To be fair, online is pretty shit. They made it sound a lot better than it actually is.
    More interested in organising mini-games with set weapons between two clans. If something like this exists and works well, online could really take off.

Still no actual release date yet, is there? Thought it would have been announced by now, so unless I missed it?

I caved and decided to get a PS4 so I kinda have to get GTAV again :pac:

^^^^
    There's been a few new titles where I can't really tell much of a difference between "High" settings, and "Ultra" settings.

If the PC version looks as good as PS4 but allows for much more action on screen at any given time I'd be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 claytbrown

I dont know it will work on my PC or not i am not sure but pls does any one knows when its gonna release on PC on Google i have found it downloadable for PC but when i go to rockstar site its only for Xbox and PS what does that mean???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

claytbrown wrote: »
    I dont know it will work on my PC or not i am not sure but pls does any one knows when its gonna release on PC on Google i have found it downloadable for PC but when i go to rockstar site its only for Xbox and PS what does that mean???

If you download something that doesn't exist yet, you're gonna have a bad time.

It's not out for PC yet. Anything you find thru Google will be some sort of nasty program.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kristenpmyers

if there is any one who knows the exact date of GTA V PC release then please post it. As far As i know it should be released by the end of this ear but i dont think so they gonna release it not in this year.

Nobody knows the release date, last I heard it would be late september. Any dates you read that aren't on the rockstar website are going to be pure speculation.

A little look back on history shows that GTV IV for PC was announced on Sept 23rd 2008 and shipped on Dec 2/3 2008 in US/EU.

We have a difference this time in that not only is it being ported to PC, but also to the current gen consoles.

Last time around IV was announced with a release date, but this time Sony had a teaser for their E3 conference with 'coming fall 2014' in the video. Fall, in North American terms is the period of Sept 22nd to Dec 21st 2014.

Personally, I think it'll be the end of November, but maybe I'm just setting it so far away, so that if it's sooner, I'll be happy!

The real answer of course is that no one knows as of yet, any release date you see from anyone other than Rockstar, is total guess work, including my own :P

A little look back on history shows that GTV IV for PC was announced on Sept 23rd 2008 and shipped on Dec 2/3 2008 in US/EU.

We have a difference this time in that not only is it being ported to PC, but also to the current gen consoles.

Last time around IV was announced with a release date, but this time Sony had a teaser for their E3 conference with 'coming fall 2014' in the video. Fall, in North American terms is the period of Sept 22nd to Dec 21st 2014.

Personally, I think it'll be the end of November, but maybe I'm just setting it so far away, so that if it's sooner, I'll be happy!

The real answer of course is that no one knows as of yet, any release date you see from anyone other than Rockstar, is total guess work, including my own :P

I'm expecting late November or early December myself for Christmas sales.

PS3 and 360 is still selling well and they recently passed the 34 million mark. It pretty much prints money for them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jan 17th what a load of cock.

r* just dont get PC players and really really hate pirates.

Anyone intending on buying a X1 or Ps4 just to play it before xmas? Anyone care that the online group is increased from 24 to 30 on consoles.....

Companies like this get their games pirated. Im sure it will be a 50gb download or something.

The funniest reactions I've seen are people complaining that they have to wait longer, so are not going to buy it on release and are instead going to wait even longer before getting it. Because that apparently makes sense :pac:

At the end of the day, Rockstar get the majority of their money from consoles. It would be stupid not to put consoles first.

Plus, it has to be pretty annoying for the developers and designers who spent literally years on the game to see the first goal of PC gamers is to change everything.

Add those together and it's easy to see why the PC version is pushed to the back. That without even mentioning how much easier it is to pirate a PC game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Changed thread title as no longer a rumour

At the end of the day, Rockstar get the majority of their money from consoles. It would be stupid not to put consoles first.
    It does, and us Pc users just have to accept we're not part of the masses. Although at this stage they've made their money from the previous generation I would have half expected to see the PC version come out at the same time as next gen. A cynical person could say their simply maximising profits as they'll probably have some people that will buy the game 3 times.
    Plus, it has to be pretty annoying for the developers and designers who spent literally years on the game to see the first goal of PC gamers is to change everything.
    Rockstar seem to treat the PC as a place were they send games out to pasture where they can be mated with modders. It might not give them the instant sales they get from consoles but it will sell for much longer on steam. I've bought all the GTA games twice thanks to a steam sale.
    Add those together and it's easy to see why the PC version is pushed to the back. That without even mentioning how much easier it is to pirate a PC game.
    I don't think it is easier to pirate any more, it's much more convenient to buy a digital copy that's linked to an account. Getting illegal copies working can be a pain in the arse.

In a way if GTA V withs it's highly promoted online game started out on PC they might have been able to come up with a much better online experience. PC modder could have started producing concepts and ideas for rockstar to assimilate into the game for consoles.

I'll be getting it as soon as I can, I've always loved the GTA series, it's one of the only games I can still get into. I lose interest with a lot of other open world titles they just don't have the story telling ability of GTA.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't think it is easier to pirate any more, it's much more convenient to buy a digital copy that's linked to an account. Getting illegal copies working can be a pain in the arse.
    Considering the pirated copies are already for the xbox 360, etc, I'm guessing Rockstar has finally copped that the easiest way to combat piracy is to ensure the best gaming is the online gaming. Thus the continued updating of the online version with new missions to keep the people interested. I hope it works out for them okay.

Considering the pirated copies are already for the xbox 360, etc, I'm guessing Rockstar has finally copped that the easiest way to combat piracy is to ensure the best gaming is the online gaming. Thus the continued updating of the online version with new missions to keep the people interested. I hope it works out for them okay.

Only problem with that is the online is awful. The big attraction has been delayed and delayed and delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Only problem with that is the online is awful. The big attraction has been delayed and delayed and delayed.

It really isn't awful if you have a bunch of mates or clan, great craic to be had online!

Benzino wrote: »
    It really isn't awful if you have a bunch of mates or clan, great craic to be had online!

For about an hour then it sucks again. Don't know anyone who still likes the online play after loads originally loved it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

For about an hour then it sucks again. Don't know anyone who still likes the online play after loads originally loved it.

Really? I think it's one of the most enjoyable online experiences I've ever had and I still very much enjoy it months after I first played it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Hey guys, so would it be safe to pre purchase this if there are some good bonuses? Cant foresee a lot of issues considering the time they have to perfect it from the console versions...

Also, will there be a thread dedicated to PC names for us to connect?

Advertisement