Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Game [The R.E.D. Album]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Sounds like it was a great show.I'm gutted that I missed it.What Game has lacked in his last few albums he certainly makes up in his performances.Props to him for all going all for his fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

First minute of that was quite good, the rest was the biggest steaming pile of crap I have heard since I heard him rap last time.
    Controversy without content or at least a good flow is not good, I do not see why people like him.

The game keeps going, hope he continues to make new music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Wouldn't be mad on it, I taught it would be more relevant to the song title. I know it's a bit out there but its not what I taught it would be, this to me looks like a poor version of eminems 3am from relapse going down the same Physco theme route at least very similar anyway.

It's a shame it's one of the only songs along with Ricky that I really actually liked from the red album, was kind of hoping for a better video.

No Lil Wayne either, not put together great in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Decent enough video. Must be one of the first times that Game has put out a video that hasn't had a bunch of young ones with huge tits in it. I prefer his older videos, mainly for that reason :pac: "Let's Ride" was his best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

not crazy about the tune, video is like that iron on transfer jumper, cheap lookin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hey, resurrecting this old thread because a few months ago, I watched a documentary about Game, about his life, music, all that stuff. I was turned onto it by this thread, probably mufcboy1999 or PrettyBoy... But I was wondering if anyone can link me to the doc? Ive looked back through the thread and cant find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Hey, resurrecting this old thread because a few months ago, I watched a documentary about Game, about his life, music, all that stuff. I was turned onto it by this thread, probably mufcboy1999 or PrettyBoy... But I was wondering if anyone can link me to the doc? Ive looked back through the thread and cant find it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76223346

There you go man :) theres some really good documentaries on that thread.

good video, still cant get over lamar on this track unreal.

vh1 are doing a new documentary on game behind the music tonight, should be on the net fairly soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Man listening to that makes me wanna listen to Section 80 again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

this album was a big disapointment
    The City is a nice track though

vh1 are doing a new documentary on game behind the music tonight, should be on the net fairly soon.

Just finished watching it, good documentary, really enjoyed it...don't think I can post the link here though..?

Not sure if your allowed post links, I think you are as long as its just the video.

Il give it a watch tomorrow when Im free, say it will be good most documentaries like this are always interesting.

good doc, brought back a few memories.

this link works

http://www.forbezdvd.com/cod.php?v=MjA0NzY

Great documentary, really shows his progression as an artist (fueled by personal issues)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I haven't listened to the R.E.D. Album yet, is it as good as The Documentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

From what I heard of the R.E.D album i didn't like, too much name dropping, too many songs sound the same, nothing too memorable on it to me.
    Documentary is his best album by a mile imo.

No.

• Advertisement

No. There are 3/4 good songs on it. That's it.

A good album but nowhere near as commercial and accessible and as banging as the Documentary.

Half of the songs are very good though, so worth buying it definitely.

@risetothetop

It's not worth buying mate, get the 2 or 3 good songs on iTunes or whatever and save yourself the money.

The city, Martians v goblins and Ricky IMO are the only decent songs, the rest is terrible, his worst album by far.

For 9.99 I would always buy the album but that is just me.

There are 10 songs worth buying imo - The city, Martians v goblins, Ricky, drug test, red nation, good girls, (the good, the bad and the ugly), speakers on blast, pot of gold and born in a trap

Paying for even 8 of them costs more than the 9.99 for the album.

For 9.99 I would always buy the album but that is just me.

There are 10 songs worth buying imo - The city, Martians v goblins, Ricky, drug test, red nation, good girls, (the good, the bad and the ugly), speakers on blast, pot of gold and born in a trap

Paying for even 8 of them costs more than the 9.99 for the album.

Can't agree with that. Game was good enough on it. The beat was brutal though. Weezy ruined yet another song.

Chamillionaire's version is way better. The beat is sped up and sounds proper. Game would have been better on that, and doing the hook himself. Then it'd have been a good song.

Can't agree with that. Game was good enough on it. The beat was brutal though. Weezy ruined yet another song.

Chamillionaire's version is way better. The beat is sped up and sounds proper. Game would have been better on that, and doing the hook himself. Then it'd have been a good song.

Well the song in general is good, bad ft or not imo. Sample is excellent imo.

What is the Cham version? Link?

Well the song in general is good, bad ft or not imo. Sample is excellent imo.

What is the Cham version? Link?

Well I know it as the Chamillionaire version but it was actually a beat that he jacked by Three 6 Mafia.

You have Pimp C doing the hook here. He brings way more to it than Weezy does.

Pimp C, it is hardly fair comparing anything to Pimp C now is it?
    It is like comparing Nate Dogg to pretty much anyone else.

Nah not really. I was kinda half joking :P.

Game's version had the makings of a great song. His verses were nice. The beat let him down imo. It was far too slow. And having Weezy doing the hook was probably a great commercial move, but a terrible quality move.

IMO if you're really going to get someone like Wayne in then at least get a verse from him. Leave the hooks to someone who can actually do them. Wayne sounds like a constipated goat when he tries to sing. It's not pretty at all.

• Advertisement

I am not one for his raps so a hook is about all I could probably stomach.

The beat suits Game, or pretty much any west coast artist the slower style suits him.

Advertisement