Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How do you get in behind central bank?

Options
  • 11-12-2007 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

I was trying to get in behind central bank in the car the last night. I was coming down Dame St toward Trinity and went to turn left just before central bank but there's a "no right turn" sign.

How do you get in behind central bank (near Eamon Dorans)? Is it the turn off from Westmorland St?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You could have just taken the next left off Dame street to Anglesea St and then left again on to Cope St which is the back of the Central Bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

The next left is a taxi rank isn't it?

random wrote: »
    The next left is a taxi rank isn't it?
    Certainly don't think so.

Are you thinking of Foster Place with Star Bucks on the corner?

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.344518,-6.261832&spn=0.003068,0.013561&t=h&z=17&om=1

I have absolutly no notion of where that steet is. I've been down Dame st a million times. You go past central bank toward trinity. There's a set of lights. Then another set of lights. THen the set of lights outside BOI.

Is the street before the taxi rank ?

I have absolutly no notion of where that steet is. I've been down Dame st a million times. You go past central bank toward trinity. There's a set of lights. Then another set of lights. THen the set of lights outside BOI.

Is the street before the taxi rank ?

The street is the next left as you pass the Central Bank, before the taxi rank, and after you pass the first set of lights, before you hit the second set.

Really easy to see if from the map to be honest regardless of knowledge of the street, it the street Blooms Hotel is on BTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,243 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I was trying to get in behind central bank in the car the last night. I was coming down Dame St toward Trinity and went to turn left just before central bank but there's a "no right turn" sign.
    Do you mean "no left turn"?

Access isn't allowed to stop people robbing the bank. :) Actually it is possbile, but for only certain hours of the day. You can certainly take the red or blue routes, but I'm not certain on the green one.

Yes, I mean "no left turn" ... my bad typo!

As for the street I'm gonna have to watch out for it next time I go past!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

How do you get in behind central bank (near Eamon Dorans)? Is it the turn off from Westmorland St?

Thanks

The street you need is Anglesea Street.

When coming down Dame Street from Christchurch side, take the first left after the Central Bank; this leaves you on the Street at Blooms Hotel where you take a left; the parking ramp of the Bank is on your left about 50 Metres on the left. From Trinity, it is the right turn at Londis beside Starbucks; there is restrictions at this turn so be careful during rush hour.

As a beside, this part of the main thoroughfare is College Green and not Dame Street; lest you wonder what Jennifer Garmin says to you when driving :)

Hamndegger wrote: »
    The street you need is Anglesea Street.
    The street and the directions he needed were made fairly obvious already.

Why the need to post the same information?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Bluetonic wrote: »
    The street and the directions he needed were made fairly obvious already.

Why the need to post the same information?

Because your directions were ****e, basically :D*

That and I didn't see your directions.*

*One of these comments is true, the other isn't.

• Advertisement

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Because your directions were ****e, basically :D*

That and I didn't see your directions.*

*One of these comments is true, the other isn't.

:D

Advertisement