Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Online resource for quick test prep / hand signals etc

• 24-07-2006 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

My test is tomorrow morning... got some last minute cramming to do (yeah.. I should know the rules of the road, but honestly.. how many of you know all your hand signals? - don't answer that one, just think about it!).

I'm hoping to find a decent Irish website to go over some hand signals (car drivers, cyclists, guards).

Also, a nice website to run through some basics?

My Theory Test CD is a little out of date and still has MPH :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

http://www.irishmotoring.ie/car/rulesoftheroad/road_users_and_the_gardai.php

This website seems a good choice in general actually... this will do nicely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Dont forget to tell us how you got on in the test :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I aced all handsignals, glad I learnt them anyhow ...

As for the test, I failed. Have applied for a 2nd test / cancellation so hopefully won't have to wait too long.

23 grade 2 faults, but if you look at it it's explainable. The guy was decent enough to go through them and pointed out I lost about 7 for constantly using the indicator when passing stationary cars - causing confusion to other road drivers - sure, it's proberly debatable, but why argue when I'd have to resit anyhow.
    I also hit the curb on the reversing round the corner, the first time I've ever hit the curb doing it! 2 points lost there too ...
    And 2 more lost for arguing over a no right turn sign, which after I eventually turned (after nearly missing the turn) he pointed out had a time restriction on it.

Nothing overly major though, no grade 3s ... it's bollocks but hopefully I can resit and pass it again within a few weeks!

Advertisement