Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another sky increase

• 31-08-2004 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭

Just got a letter from sky to say top package going to €62.50 an increase of 1.50 from sept 1st, as usual giving plenty of notice.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Rats.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, we haven't got that letter yet. Probably arrive after beginning of September as usual! :)

Does Family Pack go up in price too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

Lads I heard about that over two months ago and I don't have Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

jimbob wrote:
    Lads I heard about that over two months ago and I don't have Sky.

I'm pretty sure that notification of that increase was in the SKY magazine about two months ago. I think there may be another thread on here relating to that increase from around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

eigrod wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that notification of that increase was in the SKY magazine about two months ago.

Does not surprise me, in the past I've been sent deatils of promotions two days after they finished ! The guy running sky Irelands marketing is incompetent if I am being kind.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

The increace in $kys subscription rates wouldnt have anything to do with them cutting the price of digiboxes by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

My impression would be that Sky's policy is for small but regular increases in subscription rather than larger ( €5 +) increases, less frequently.

I would think fewer people would be inclined to cease subscription when the increase is small.

Advertisement