Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maturity

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Kiera wrote: »
    Oh i just found a banana.

aaaand where was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

realcam wrote: »
    The right thing to say seems that there isn't such a thing as women being more mature. We're all being equal. Sounds very right, very p.c. and very mature indeed. Only I believe it isn't true.

Of all the couples I know, of all the male/female friends there is a pattern and this is it.

The guy never has any money. Regardless of whether he has a job or not, makes a fortune or is on the dole, the guy never has any money. The girl on the other hand does. Saves a third of her income for donkeys now and when she needs a car, a holiday, whatever, she just has it.

I know there surely is exceptions on either side, but that's the pattern.

This' being backed up by Judge Judy even (I know, got sucked into watching and love it now, weird). She says in the 30+ years she's a family judge 95% percent of the times when party A is suing party B over money it's a girl suing the guy (Ex) for a loan or whatever which he now refuses to pay back.

A loan he couldn't get off the bank because his credit was bad, or for the car down-payment she loaned him because he couldn't get his name on the contract because his credit was bad and or the year she had to pay the rent all by herself cos he hadn't a bob or something along the lines of that.

And about 5% the times it's the guy suing the girl for same.

Ah well, maybe we're just more lenient with our Ex'es... :D

That's all well and good. You are of course overlooking the fact that manys a girl allows her partner to pay for everything, and as such in our society there is a traditional culture of men paying for more than women. That's where said men's money goes, by and large (I'm not interested in listening to every Tam, Diana and Beyonce barrelling in with their tales of fiscal independence, I am aware there are exceptions)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I find people that harp on about maturity show the least of it, they're simply uptight and prudish, which is far from maturity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Also the colour pink has suddenly attracted women all over the world to have pink phones pink tvs pink games console's pink laptop's pink car' pink this that and the other is this not imaturity?

I fúcking hate pink.

I fúcking hate that it is shoved at me cos I happen to have XX chromosomes
    I hate that it is see as the default option for little girls, I would go as far
    to say that the proliferation of pink is antifeminist as it limits a girls/woman choices.

I FÚCKING HATE pink tech, which tends to cost more and have lower spec
    and capabilities, like I should be grateful I am being allowed to own one
    and here is one in pink which has been dumbed down for me cos I have
    a womb.

If someone who happens to be female likes pink and states it is thier preference but you do not make something automatically a female's
    preference by making it fúckingpink!
    However men could be blasted on airsoft xbox's car's, drink, music.watch's
    all things that are entertaining to, yet we're still blasted on our complete lack of maturity.

Airsoft is fun, even if it is a form of larping :)

Women appear to have a more one sided view-perhap's to back up their efforts to show, there superioty. duhhhhhhhhh

The maturity thing goes back to the differences that happen when a boy and a girl hit puberty. Girls learn that life is unfair and painful and messy for the most part a lot quicker due to fun of having thier periods arrive.
    Which now days is age 9 to 11.
    They are plunged generally into more adult aspects of life a lot sooner then boys.

Young girls are sudden having to take in a whole new world of responsiblity
    care and social dynamics when they suddenly have the body of a young woman and the world changes for them for ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Maturity isn't a quantifiable virtue unless you're talking simply of age. Women tend to learn to 'act' mature sooner because it pays dividends.

Real immaturity is shown by making bad judgement calls, not by knowing how to enjoy oneself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I fúcking hate pink.

I fúcking hate that it is shoved at me cos I happen to have XX chromosomes
    I hate that it is see as the default option for little girls, I would go as far
    to say that the proliferation of pink is antifeminist as it limits a girls/woman choices.

I FÚCKING HATE pink tech, which tends to cost more and have lower spec
    and capabilities, like I should be grateful I am being allowed to own one
    and here is one in pink which has been dumbed down for me cos I have
    a womb.

If someone who happens to be female likes pink and states it is thier preference but you do not make something automatically a female's
    preference by making it fúckingpink!

Nice riff and the bridge works well but the chorus needs a LOT of effort..however I think we could take this into the top 100.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Nice riff and the bridge works well but the chorus needs a LOT of effort..however I think we could take this into the top 100.

If this was the ladies lounge you would be warned, just as I was today for making a similar joke. Oestro power-modding ftl

consultech wrote: »
    If this was the ladies lounge you would be warned, just as I was today for making a similar joke. Oestro power-modding ftl

/slow clap

oh look someones figured out that AH and tLL are different places with different rules.

I have ranted in tLL about pink and fúcking pink tech before.

I mean a fúcking pink Cat 5 cable
    G0448-3.jpg

With fúcking sparkles so you know which way is right side fúcking up.
    G0448-1.jpg

Only if you can get Joan Jett to preform it. :p

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    /slow clap

oh look someones figured out that AH and tLL are different places with different rules........

That they are :) I wonder would duct-tape have the desired effect in either:

http://www.cheapholds.com/mm5/graphics/00000002/flpinktape.jpg
    With fúcking sparkles so you know which way is right side fúcking up.

Wimminz. Necessary in furnezz.

That they are :) I wonder would duct-tape have the desired effect in either:

http://www.cheapholds.com/mm5/graphics/00000002/flpinktape.jpg

That look more like bondage tape to me the duct tape.
    Wimminz. Necessary in furnezz.

Nope necessary for tards or noobs and implying all women are such when it comes to dealing with cat 5 cables is bollix and you'd deserve to be battered
    over the head with my cat 5 crimper ( which isn't fúckingpink! )

{Note to self: Wear the pink shirt to the next Beers, just for giggles}

{Note to self: Wear the pink shirt to the next Beers, just for giggles}

You'd brave a BGRH beers in a pink shirt ?

Where better to wear one? Real men are not afraid of clothes. Women and crocagators are scary but clothes and other peoples misconceptions? Pffft, bring it on.

(Might not wear the corset though...a step to far methinks):P

Advertisement